• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scribblenauts Preview/Impressions Thread - You will say "wow." (see post #217)

Haunted

EmCeeGramr said:
3596769154_964f2cbf9f_o.jpg

So two priests, a rabbi, and Maxwell walk into a bar. And it turns out the bar won't be in the final game because it's alcohol-related.
That's not a bar, that's a café.

joelseph said:
You are making the relationships too complex in my opinion. Grouping everything into sub groups is madness. What good would a group of "Religious Symbols" be?

Vampires are afraid of them. Priests like to pick them up. Etc. (Admittedly this is a relatively minor category.)

Everytime I summon a bag of chips the AI has to determine if they are religious symbols or snack food?

That is... not how computers work. :eek:

Brannon

HAH! This game does not have the word 'bullhoagie'.

A bullhoagie is a big roast beef hoagie with horseradish sauce, lettuce, tomato, pepper, a dash of extra virgin olive oil (cloudy kind is the only kind) and two mozzerella cheese sticks sticking out of the front on top (like bullhorns hey hey), with double roast beef marinated in secret au jus.

Verily, I am disappointed in Scribblenauts, and formally withdraw my excitement post haste. For such a delicatessical decadence cannot be slighted without consequence :mad:

xfactor

Banned
Brannon said:

A bullhoagie is a big roast beef hoagie with horseradish sauce, lettuce, tomato, pepper, a dash of extra virgin olive oil (cloudy kind is the only kind) and two mozzerella cheese sticks sticking out of the front on top (like bullhorns hey hey), with double roast beef marinated in secret au jus.

Verily, I am disappointed in Scribblenauts, and formally withdraw my excitement post haste. For such a delicatessical decadence cannot be slighted without consequence :mad:

you sure this word exist? nothing comes up when i input it in dictionary.com. google image shows nothing sensible too

Brannon

WAT?

Hmm.. Well.. damn it. Maybe it's an obscure Mississippi thing. Very well, I reinstate my not-really-withdrawn excitement for Scribblenauts.

It's a very delicious sandwich, you know, it deserves a place of honor within Objectnaut.

Delicious, god I want one now.

Pseudo_Sam

Survives without air, food, or water
Hey guys, "Spuckxzanther" is not in the game. Fuck Scribblenauts and fuck Jackson, this is total bullshit.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Brannon said:

Edit: hey I couldn't even find that on google!

(and now I am hungry)

Man, I was looking forward to more videos today. What did you mean by new videos, Jackson? We talking more official trailers or cool hands on stuff?

Jackson

SirPenguin said:
Man, I was looking forward to more videos today. What did you mean by new videos, Jackson? We talking more official trailers or cool hands on stuff?

Well, there's some videos coming out this week, sorry. :) There's more footage from sites we did. It's up to the sites when they show their footage though. I thought some would drop today, but guess not.

Brannon said:
WAT?

Hmm.. Well.. damn it. Maybe it's an obscure Mississippi thing. Very well, I reinstate my not-really-withdrawn excitement for Scribblenauts.

It's a very delicious sandwich, you know, it deserves a place of honor within Objectnaut.

Delicious, god I want one now.

I've already stated in multiple interviews, obscure foods from regional world cultures are impossible to track. No one knows about your grandmother's favorite dish she used to make for you! I'm very sorry. :)

hoagie is in though ;)

Pseudo_Sam

Survives without air, food, or water
Jackson said:
Well, there's some videos coming out this week, sorry. :) There's more footage from sites we did. It's up toe the sites when they show their footage though. I thought some would drop today, but guess not.

DAMN YOU JACKSON, DAMN YOU TO HELL.

Jme

Since these sites want to be jerks maybe you should just go ahead and re-create the events of post 217 and throw it up on youtube. :D

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Woo! I pre-ordered it! First game I ever pre-ordered. Strange that pre-orders are so important. I bet there'd be more pre-orders if they are given a few days early.

Jme

Eteric Rice said:
What about different models of cars? Can I summon a 57 Chevy? :D

He answered already but also, didn't he say no adjectives? Like "car" would work but "classic car" wouldn't? And "flaming blue car with naked chicks on the hood" wouldn't work either, sadly.

Llyranor

What do the 200+ levels consist of? Simple puzzles of 'what would you do'? Eg. Cat on tree, how to save? Or longer 'platformer' levels?

Also, what limitations are there to the character's summoning abilities? None? Or are each objects attributed an arbitrary power level and you can only make do with so much?

Brannon

Jackson said:
I've already stated in multiple interviews, obscure foods from regional world cultures are impossible to track. No one knows about your grandmother's favorite dish she used to make for you! I'm very sorry. :)

Obscure. noooo. Mississippi really IS a hole where things disappear

Then... then it is up to me. I shall bring it back; I shall bring back the bullhoagi- hey pizza!

*and the bullhoagie was never seen again*

On topic, how will you sell this on a commercial? Like a regular game commercial, or one of those high-class Nintendo commercials with famous actors? You'll need somebody that's young, or young at heart, or a couple of somebodies. This could be big...

Blizzard

Banned
Jackson said:
Well, there's some videos coming out this week, sorry. :) There's more footage from sites we did. It's up to the sites when they show their footage though. I thought some would drop today, but guess not.
If only we knew which sites those were so we could monitor them. =(

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Jackson said:
copyrighted sadly :(
is Triton in there (a kind of modified sport motorcycle)?

and as long as we're on the subject, is there an entry for British Single or Brit Single? i'm a big fan of classic British iron and i want to send maxwell on a good ride. bonus points if it poops out after 20 feet and tools have to be summoned to make it go further. :lol

w3stfa11

mj1108 said:
Which one of his podcasts was it mentioned on?

http://twit.tv/198 (and transcript - http://wiki.twit.tv/wiki/TWiT_198/Transcript)

Haha, a reference to post #217 from this thread?
Jeff Cannata: It has a library of thousands and thousands and thousands of objects and they were challenging journalists to come up and stump it and it’s absolutely spectacular the kind of things that are in that game that you outside the box thinking, you know, somebody mentioned they were having a problem getting past one of the puzzles and they couldn’t figure out how to do it and they were like, “you know what I am just go back in time to a point when this didn’t exist” so they wrote “time machine”, a time machine showed up and they stepped into the time machine and they went back and they got a group of dinosaurs and went back in the time machine.
Leo Laporte: No.
Jeff Cannata: Yes.
Denise Howell: Oh, I am so getting this.
Leo Laporte: This sounds so cool.

vanty

mj1108 said:
Which one of his podcasts was it mentioned on?
This Week in Tech 198, E3 talk starts about an hour in. I just listened to it before, they basically completely ignore Nintendo while having Natal orgasms until the gaming guy they have goes "oh yeah Scribblenauts" and they orgasm about this game for a while ahah.

vanty. said:
This Week in Tech 198, E3 talk starts about an hour in. I just listened to it before, they basically completely ignore Nintendo while having Natal orgasms until the gaming guy they have goes "oh yeah Scribblenauts" and they orgasm about this game for a while ahah.

Hah, I came in here just now to post this as I have it playin in the background. Not only do they mention and praise it, they reference post #217! That's awesome!

I was talking with a friend in school today, and they knew about post #217. News travels fast. I might consider preordering once I know my address for next fall (going away to college and all). If there's a Scribblenauts/Dictionary bundle, it would be cool to see it sold in the dictionary section of bookstores.

Honestly, the one thing I must demand from this game is that it includes ferrets. And lots of them. :) The wife and I are definitely ferret lovers, and some of the first things I will try in this game is ferret, weasel, polecat, skunk, meercat.. pretty much any small rodents and such. :) Make it happen, Jackson!

BTW, Jackson, I have to say.. I'm not sure if I've ever seen NeoGAF this on board with something. You have these guys head over heels. My wife and I are also included in that.. :lol

This should be the OFFICIAL game of GAF. You're pretty much not a Gaffer if you don't buy it. :D

Jme

Biglesworth23 said:
ferret, weasel, polecat, skunk, meercat.. pretty much any small rodents and such.

With no position to do so I can personally guarantee that every single small rodent is in Scribblenauts. GUARANTEED.

mj1108

cooljeanius said:
I was talking with a friend in school today, and they knew about post #217. News travels fast. I might consider preordering once I know my address for next fall (going away to college and all). If there's a Scribblenauts/Dictionary bundle, it would be cool to see it sold in the dictionary section of bookstores.

Thanks to this game, whenever someone says "Post 217" we'll all know exactly what post and thread it's referring to.

handofg0d said:
With no position to do so I can personally guarantee that every single small rodent is in Scribblenauts. GUARANTEED.

You heard him, Jackson. This man just guaranteed on your behalf.. and I believe him. NeoGAF. Believe.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
EmCeeGramr said:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3648/3596769154_964f2cbf9f_o.jpg

So two priests, a rabbi, and Maxwell walk into a bar. And it turns out the bar won't be in the final game because it's alcohol-related.

Wait... they're really taking out any alcohol related objects. Wow that sucks.

Top Bottom