• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scribblenauts Preview/Impressions Thread - You will say "wow." (see post #217)

Feep

Banned
As a side note, I'm still tagless. = (

Edit, he's right, who cares. I can summon a "tag" in Scribblenauts, if I want.

Galactic Fork said:
Wait... they're really taking out any alcohol related objects. Wow that sucks.

A shame, but it's not like alcohol would be particularly useful, unless Dean Martin is in the way.

And I'm sure gasoline is in, at least.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Blizzard said:
You can't make martinis appear in a 10+ game. WORST GAME EVER, CONFIRMED.

I still think it sucks. Doesn't change my opinion of the game. I'm more angry at society than the developers.

Feep said:
As a side note, I'm still tagless. = (

You can have mine :)

Mike M

Nick N
I'd be surprised if they're actually removing all that much, since it's been stated from the start that they wouldn't be in...

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Galactic Fork said:
Wait... they're really taking out any alcohol related objects. Wow that sucks.

the boss himself said:
So I'll restate the rules here...

Concrete Objects Only
No Proper Nouns
No Copyrighted Words
No Adjectives
E-E10 rated words only - this means No Vulgar/Offensive/Lewd/Drug/Alcohol related words

Other than that... it works

I don't need to start posting this every page do I?

Galactic Fork

BorkBork said:
I don't need to start posting this every page do I?

My question was more indignant disbelief than actual disbelief (hence the "wow that sucks" rather than waiting for an answer).

I admit I hadn't seen the original post you were quoting, but if I had... I would have said "Wait... they're really taking out any alcohol related objects. Wow that sucks," to that too...

BorkBork

Honestly, I'm a little surprised that they have the bar in the game in the first place. I guess it was just for a bit of a laugh.

Blizzard

Banned
Galactic Fork said:
My question was more indignant disbelief than actual disbelief (hence the "wow that sucks" rather than waiting for an answer).

I admit I hadn't seen the original post you were quoting, but if I had... I would have said "Wait... they're really taking out any alcohol related objects. Wow that sucks," to that too...
From the beginning of this game, I thought they never added any. I didn't know about that pub, though maybe it does come up for "cafe" even though it has a martini on the sign. One of the earliest examples I saw was that root beer is in the game, but beer is not.

Blizzard

Banned
Elfforkusu said:
Writing "post #217" in Scribblenauts should spawn the post.
I don't know what triggers it, but Jackson already confirmed that Feep and post 217 will be in the game (censored a bit I assume).

BorkBork

Blizzard said:
I don't know what triggers it, but Jackson already confirmed that Feep and post 217 will be in the game (censored a bit I assume).

A stampede of dinosaurs and zombie robots, I'm hoping.

Blizzard

Banned
Word's getting around the internet. Advertising is working...or not:

[my friend]: everybody keeps posting that same tidbit
[my friend]: I think if I hear anymore I'll destroy all the world's copies and all records of the game

AniHawk

Feep said:
O.O

Love that the levels get more complex...and that was only 1-9! Awesome.

1-9 is where I got stuck. Now that I'm thinking about it, I should have put maxwell in a boat or something.

On that whale one, I used a bulldozer. :)

Blizzard

Banned
Gah, 1-up's DS screen capture (or whoever did it) is awful. Thankfully I know from the E3 videos that the game looks much better than that. :D

Mike M

Nick N
Nice to see stuff other than the three stages with the tree, the 4 people, and the whale. Not that I got tired of seeing solutions to those or anything : )

Feep

Banned
AniHawk said:
1-9 is where I got stuck. Now that I'm thinking about it, I should have put maxwell in a boat or something.

My friend used a tsunami, apparently. :lol :lol

Galactic Fork

BorkBork said:
Great video Jackson, but wow, that 1up guy is pretty bad at the interview.

Yeah, I have to completely agree about the interviewer.

Did the video stall and go slow every 10 seconds (the audio remained fine) for anybody else? It even happened when fully buffered.

Jackson

jrricky said:
WTF Jackson!! Why havent I seen you in any of these interviews taking props for this masterpiece too? :mad:

Awesome Vid though. Please confirm the 'Scribblepedia' >.>

I am in that video? lol. I'm confused.

RagnarokX

AniHawk said:

If you type "chum" does it give you the option to throw fish guts into the water and attract the shark away from you?

Galactic Fork

Blizzard said:
jrricky doesn't know how to click your tag. :p

Holy crap, Jackson, you're one of the creators of 5th cell? I shoulda read your tag sooner, I thought you were a PR person. Live and learn.

jrricky

Banned
Galactic Fork said:
Holy crap, Jackson, you're one of the co-founders of 5th cell and creator of scribblenauts? I shoulda read your tag sooner, I thought you were PR person. Live and learn.
Fixed

So Jeremiah, are you guys winding down now on development and doing some minor bug tests or you guys have more to do...or you just lurking around the forums for awesome ideas to add into the game. ;-P

EDIT: fixed name to Jeremiah, damn I cant seem to feel right calling you Jackson anymore. Is that a middle name or something...?

Watching the video, seems like a really cool game. I have a question for you Jeremiah, what if I write mario, link, yoshi, etc. Will I get those characters you guys aren't allowed to put them in the game.

BorkBork

Added the new video to the OP. Just watching the TNT scene shows that even the simplest levels will have insane replayability.

Imposed challenges like "win using more than 3 things" or "only use animals" will be huge, I can already see people here doing that. My mind keeps being blown.

Mike M

Nick N
Shadowlink123 said:
Watching the video, seems like a really cool game. I have a question for you Jeremiah, what if I write mario, link, yoshi, etc. Will I get those characters you guys aren't allowed to put them in the game.

No copyrighted material.

Jackson

jrricky said:
Fixed

So Jeremiah, are you guys winding down now on development and doing some minor bug tests or you guys have more to do...or you just lurking around the forums for awesome ideas to add into the game. ;-P

EDIT: fixed name to Jeremiah, damn I cant seem to feel right calling you Jackson anymore. Is that a middle name or something...?

Nah, just an alias, I don't like every post I ever do coming up when someone googles my name. ;)

We're winding down, or up? It's fun stuff! :)

STEALTH EDIT! shhhh...

jrricky

Banned
Jackson said:
Nah, just an alias, I don't like every post I ever do coming up when someone goggles my name. ;)

We're winding down, or up? It's fun stuff! :)
:lol OK, I laughed wait too hard reading that...

OMG, reading your responses make me love doing game development even more.

Top Bottom