• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SE practically guaranteed to localize Bravely Default after 1000 signature petition!!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm pretty sure this game heads west this year. They're not just going to sit on their hands when it comes to the 3DS out west.

hongcha

1000 signatures won't do anything, maybe 100,000 would do the trick but even then SE might not care. I still really hope this eventually gets localized somewhere outside of Japan, but there are a variety of things that could stand in the way of that happening.

nasos_333

List of jobs

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Bravely_Default:_Flying_Fairy_Jobs

v1et0f7.jpg

I will buy this game if someone can explain what the fuck a Bravely Default is

A look at Bravely Default’s gameplay features

http://www.finalfantasy.net/bdff/bravely-defaults-gameplay-features/

Jobs & Abilities Bravely Default features 24 jobs, all roles one would find at home in a Final Fantasy game: Monk, Black Mage, and Knight for example. Changing jobs will require the use of an Asterisk, and new jobs are obtained by defeating the Jobmasters associated with them.

The game has over 300 abilities associated to its many jobs, and you’ll be able to mix and match from different types once you’ve mastered them to a certain point. This also applies to support abilities, so if your White Mage is a bit frail, train them as a Monk for a while to gain the HP+10% ability.

Brave & Default Combat in Bravely Default makes use of two distinct commands: Brave and Default. In battle you’ll accumulate Brave Points (BP) with which to execute consecutive commands in your turn. Build up enough Brave Points and you’ll be able to use a Phoenix Down item, cast a Blizzard spell, and attack in one turn. However, you’ll need to do this by choosing the Default command to build BP by passing your turn and entering a defensive stance.

Enemies will also make use of the Brave & Default system, even bosses — so tread with caution in your assault. Multiple strong attacks from a boss will leave your party hurting, especially if they have little BP left to recover.

Summon & Deathblow There are five summoned monsters in Bravely Default: Prometheus (Fire), Ziusudra (Water), Hraesvelgr (Wind), Girtablilu (Earth), and Deus Ex (Lightning). These powerful commands will come with an elaborate summon sequence.

A Limit Break-esque system called Deathblow can be used to execute powerful attacks based on your weapon and it’s respective strength. In the above trailer, we see Tizz as a Red Mage perform a Deathblow with daggers equipped. There are a total of 27 different Deathblows, all ranked on your current job in efficacy.

StreetPass & Abilink Using Streetpass, you’ll be able to download your friends’ job character data. This is used in a few different ways. First, you’ll be able to summon your friends’ characters in battle aid you — summoning them frequently will strengthen them, similar to Final Fantasy VIII’s Guardian Forces. You’ll also be able to unlock levels for your jobs beyond the Level 10 cap using this system.

Norwend Village You’ll be able to rebuild Tizz’s hometown of Norwend one step at a time, which includes managing NPCs and shops. These shops, when successful enough, can sell you items and equipment found nowhere else in the game. It will take you a long time to complete, but using StreetPass can help you attract more NPCs to increase growth.

And another interesting article (for the pics/characters)

http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/537/537804/
http://www.finalfantasy.net/bdff/bravely-defaults-newest-jobs-pictures/
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/10/0...ur-jobs-paladin-devout-magus-and-dark-knight/

bravely1_thumb.jpg

bravely3_thumb.jpg

bravely30_thumb.jpg

Spwn

The thred title is confusing and mean. I want this game so much. I'm also pretty confident it'll come eventually, although SE Europe is even worse than SE NA.

Victrix

*beard*
Gonna have to play the game to find out! It's storyline related. There's a Brave/Default system in the battles too though.

This still makes no sense to me. I'll take your word for it!

Then again, 'Brave' in FFT never made any sense to me either. Horrible case of western words twisted into a tortured eastern title here I guess.

edit: From that description above this sounds almost the same as the Four Heroes combat system, except with a bad name? That works though. I like that combat system for the most part :V

ymmv

Banned
The thred title is confusing and mean. I want this game so much. I'm also pretty confident it'll come eventually, although SE Europe is even worse than SE NA.

I don't know. SE Europe published lots of special editions for PSP games that only got regular editions in the US.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
although SE Europe is even worse than SE NA.

SE Europe is great for various reasons, few of these include original japanese artworks on covers, limited editions for everything, bonus content included here and there. Plus the europan blog: gogogo!

Tenki

SE Europe is great for various reasons, few of these include original japanese artworks on covers, limited editions for everything, bonus content included here and there. Plus the europan blog: gogogo!

Plus the translati... oh wait.

Beth Cyra

Can't say I really give a damn about Bravely, so I won't sign the thing. That said I hope those who want it eventaully get it. I'm still mad/sad about Type - 0 probably never coming over.

LuuKyK

This is the make or break game that would made me buy a 3DS, X Zone was fine but I needed something else (this basically).

Current Square Enix Europe != Old Square Enix Europe

Current SE Europe is basically just Eidos. Most of the guys that made SE Europe good last gen (traditional covers, localising Persona 4, etc.) are long gone. That's why we got that terrible NA FFXIII cover instead of the traditional white background and Amano logo.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Does your optical plan cover those rose-colored glasses?
I've abandoned all hope on Rocket Slime 3 and Terry's Wonderland, but I'd be extremely shocked if they didn't bring Bravely Default over. Extremely. I'm like 50/50 at best on Dragon Quest VII but I'm braced for the worst.

Spwn

I have grudges from the PSX era. Not to mention that Artwork and CE's are insignificant bonuses - I just want to play the games in English.

Mael

I have grudges from the PSX era. Not to mention that Artwork and CE's are insignificant bonuses - I just want to play the games in English.
I still hate them for no Romancing Saga on ps2...

Current Square Enix Europe != Old Square Enix Europe

Current SE Europe is basically just Eidos. Most of the guys that made SE Europe good last gen (traditional covers, localising Persona 4, etc.) are long gone. That's why we got that terrible NA FFXIII cover instead of the traditional white background and Amano logo.

Oh fuck!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
A localization in DL form would not be too costly, right ?

It would less costly than pushing the game to retail, but there's still the matter of the localisation itself (translation, necessary programming and art asset alterations, QA, and so on).

Snow city (Night time)
http://neophoton.tumblr.com/post/41468993448/did-i-say-the-previous-post-was-the-last-i
http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread...ica_want_Bravely_Default:_Flying_Fairy!?pg=19

tumblr_mh7cn9iV9d1r0yf4ko2_1280.jpg

Did i mention there is time passing in the game and cities have various stages based on time in world map

That brings to mind FF7's Icicle Inn.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I am going to sign it later

Looks like we have 300+ more signatures after this thread is made

nasos_333

Fixed it a bit to cut the camera effect

uV3YNf3.png

BTW, how many color scemes does the castle city have ?

I know it has two for sure day and night time)

Is there an afternoon time too ?

I have a confirmation of an evening time, but cant find it in any video i have seen

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=508862
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46578901&postcount=7

I think so, yes. I'm not sure of the presets, but there's at least Day, evening, and night.

hatchx

Banned
I think this will come next holiday to NA, definitely renamed and rebranded.

Day 1 for me. 3DS needs RPG goodness.

zallaaa

Just a thought.
We have crowdsourcing now - and Kickstarter in particular - which is gaining traction day after day and I cannot understand why Japanese companies don't take action and use it to gather info on the potential for an adaptation of "niche" titles; instead, they wait for the fan-base to come out with non-committing petitions.
Would it be so difficult to set up a kickstarter for the adaptation of a title? I mean, just set a fair target and you will gather both interest and commitment at the same time; it's kinda like a sure-bet and the risk is minimized...

Mael

You know what's funny about this screen?
When people saw it they saw Project X Zone and so expected the part with that game to be "games we'll never see"...
It all makes sense now.
Seriously if BD delivers and is as good as I'm expecting it up to be (at this point they only need the story to be good and even then it doesn't need to be Tactics Ogre good) I'll never say anything bad about SE ever again and I'll finally start to stop shitting on them for all the localisation that never happened.

BlazinAm

1000 signatures are not a lot, I mean even if say 20,000 people were to buy the localized copy does it break even. I know these games don't get a ton of marketing in the west but still.

So what's the original source of that image? I did a little search and I haven't found anyone confirming the validity of this. :-/

Supposedly a press event. Project X is being localised so its a lot less random/unbelievable now.

Am pretty sure its legit at this point. At the time I think it seemed to be acceoted it was at the event, just not hoe accurate it might be.

Coxy

considering EX troopers is 100% confirmed never coming over and impossible to do so I woudlnt be putting my faith in it

vareon

The list is legit, as in there was a list like that. What that list actually is escapes many people since we do not have first hand account, so yeah.

Mael

The list is legit, as in there was a list like that. What that list actually is escapes many people since we do not have first hand account, so yeah.

You gotta admit it's weird seeing Adventure Time grouped with games we thought had no chance of ever playing...

Lime

This incredible art seems wasted on such shitty videogame visuals. Even if the game is fun... kind of a huge waste of the art.

My first impression of the game as well. First I saw this nice looking concept art and when I googled the game I saw how disrespectful the 3D translation was.

All the characters look like chickens or hens, i.e. small stick legs on a round body.

kami_sama

That list was crazy then, whith code of princess and project x zone.

But th first one is coming through the eshop and the second one has been confirmed. I think that the list is legit

Mael

My first impression of the game as well. First I saw this nice looking concept art and when I googled the game I saw how disrespectful the 3D translation was.

All the characters look like chickens or hens, i.e. small stick legs on a round body.

I guess you never was a fan of pre PSX final fantasy...

Top Bottom