• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Secret Wii game (with blurry pic)

Dragmire

Harbadakus said:
I used the CSI image processing technology.
ao6zjs.jpg
The sad thing is that the game will look nowhere near as good as that in art or technical complexity.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Harbadakus said:
I used the CSI image processing technology.
nice reproduction, but the character's pose is largely incorrect - the guy is rushing (and partially facing) toward the door in the background, left shoulder first.

Although its probably not likely, weapon lord is the best thing to compare this to. 99% of the posts in this thread were stupid, but that one was a good guess. Judging from the nice csi filter Harbadakus used(nice job), it would be nice to have. Loved the fighting system and the art, its deserving of a sequel.

RagnarokX

blu said:
nice reproduction, but the character's pose is largely incorrect - the guy is rushing (and partially facing) toward the door in the background, left shoulder first.
I don't think he's rushing towards the background, his legs look like he's just standing, possibly turning towards the background. His head, though, is facing about 30 degrees towards the background. I think it's like this:
30hviqe.jpg

bdouble

Interesting. Bozon is excited about it I guess. Still we don't really need another unnecessarily over the top violent game on the Wii. I will take it though if the controls are nice and creative. I'm thinking maybe something like ED. Maybe have the TV split into "quadrants" for specific areas of the body chosen with the IR.

billy.sea

Banned
windfish said:
for me it looks like the left man is covering his face with his arm while he kicks
the other persons crotch with his peg leg so hard that the poor mans head flys off!

crotchgladiator.jpg

right?!

Fit your avatar perfectly. :lol

RagnarokX said:
I don't think he's rushing towards the background, his legs look like he's just standing, possibly turning towards the background. His head, though, is facing about 30 degrees towards the background. I think it's like this:
30hviqe.jpg
That's probably how his head/helmet is supposed to be. I found his shoulder to be too high like that, so I changed it a bit in my paintover.

RagnarokX

Harbadakus said:
That's probably how his head/helmet is supposed to be. I found his shoulder to be too high like that, so I changed it a bit in my paintover.
It's a perspective thing. His shoulder looks out of place because it's raised and closer to the camera. He may be leaning with his other shoulder down as if getting ready to rush towards the background, or just striking a cool pose. His right shoulder is hiding his neck and his head is down.

Still awesome job.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
:Motorbass said:

holy crap, I think you may have found it!

according to Wikipedia...

Gods is a 1991 video game by The Bitmap Brothers where the player is cast as Hercules in his quest to achieve immortality[1]. The game was first made for Amiga and Atari ST computers and then ported for various other platforms. Like other Bitmap Brothers' games, Gods was highly praised by critics thanks to the quality graphics and music (see below). As was common with Bitmap Brothers, an external musician assured the game score, this time John Foxx as Nation 12[2]. The enemy AI was praised - it would adapt not only to the player position, but also to his skill. Some rooms contain inaccessible items - smaller "thieves" show up from a passage in the wall, try to grab the item and bring it back to another point in the room or disappear with it. The player is able to obtain the item if they shoot the thief at the correct time. Bonuses are awarded for reaching certain parts of the level under a certain limit of time or number of lives, bringing an object to a room or simply by playing poorly, where the game helps the player.

RagnarokX said:
30hviqe.jpg
This is the helmet I see, too.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
Maybe that's not a sword, but a "scratch" on the screen made by the wiimote? And the guy is split in two?

Top Bottom