• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Secret Wii game (with blurry pic)

Dascu

Some comments and observations:
- Seems like it's starring barbarians/gladiators. I really hope that it's an action game like God of War, and not a fighting game like Soul Calibur or Mortal Kombat. The Wii could sorely use some "counter-weight" to the God of Wars, Devil May Cries and Ninja Gaidens on the HD platforms.

- What's up with this stream of "ultraviolence" on the Wii? The library seems quite divisive between cartoony, casual titles and then the entire opposite of the spectrum: hardcore mature titles featuring buckets of blood and gore. This game looks like it could fit right in with other violent Wii games like MadWorld, House of the Dead, Manhunt 2 and No More Heroes.

- Bozon: Could you at least tell us if this is a game from a big developer which we should genuinely be excited for, or is it another low-tier project from an unknown studio that hasn't even found a publisher for this thing? No offense to the little guys.

Gee

Shadow of Rome was the first thing that came to my mind:

shadow-of-rome.624148.jpg

How I loved that game..

Ramenman

Dascu said:
- What's up with this stream of "ultraviolence" on the Wii? The library seems quite divisive between cartoony, casual titles and then the entire opposite of the spectrum: hardcore mature titles featuring buckets of blood and gore. This game looks like it could fit right in with other violent Wii games like MadWorld, House of the Dead, Manhunt 2 and No More Heroes.

Yeah, I'm not sure what's up with the extremes.

We get it, gore is possible on Wii.

Dascu

adg1034 said:
Any chance this is Brutal Legend Wii? I don't think they specifically stated that this was a new IP...
They said "Wii Exclusive".

Of course, this could be some kind of exclusive spin-off game based on Brutal Legend with different gameplay, like Dead Space Extraction. I sure hope not.

adg1034

Dascu said:
They said "Wii Exclusive".

Of course, this could be some kind of exclusive spin-off game based on Brutal Legend with different gameplay, like Dead Space Extraction. I sure hope not.

Hmmm.

Strike that, then. They wouldn't come right out and say "exclusive" if it was some kind of sidequel/spin-off. There goes that theory.

rezuth

GC|Simon said:
I just played around with that picture... I don't think this will help, but maybe someone will recognize something:

Starting to almost look like Golden Axe or Altered Beast

DMPrince said:
has a sword. 2 players. big ass girl.

Looks like Soul Calibur.

This is what I thought.

I also saw the cock like someone else though too. A cock with a studded dog collar

edit: ok, just saw the real pic. iiiiinteresting. I still see a cock though

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
RagnarokX said:
I don't think he's rushing towards the background, his legs look like he's just standing, possibly turning towards the background. His head, though, is facing about 30 degrees towards the background. I think it's like this:
30hviqe.jpg
entirely agree about the head. and when i said rushing i mean preparing to. his legs are in a thrust forward stance, so he's about to. his entrie body is leaning toward the door, left-side forward, and the stance of his legs indicates about-to-rush on a low slope/stairs. the whole effect of the scene could also be exaggerated by the perspective - the camera appears to be quite close behind his waist.

btw, just for the record, my first thought about this game was 'gods' too.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
Gods 2!

Godz!

Goods!

Godss!

G.o.d.s!

Haunted

Oh man, I remember Shadow of Rome looking much better than that screen posted above. :/

Kureishima said:
And what kind of technique is this?
darkwings said:
how the hell did you do that?
Like he said, CSI image procession technology
a.k.a. drawing.

Scrubking

AceBandage said:
Godz Petz

Gladiatorz party

- 8 player local and online vs.
- 12 different arenas
- multiple themes like jungle, naval battles
- Ride chariots, horses or elephants
- open traps to unleash lions, tigers and all sorts of exotic threats on your opponents

Rubikant

I know its a long shot, but that modification with the roman helmet made me think of the possibility of an Eternal Darkness sequel.

VegaShinra said:
I'm going to have to say Raven Blade. IGN has hinted at a new Retro title and Raven Blade would be a welcome addition.

I really doubt anything even remotely related to Nintendo would be exceedingly bloody.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
ksamedi said:
Looks like the new Zelda with grown up Link. He's bald now, hormones ya know.

This was my second guess. It's totally Zelda guys! Finally, a mature title in the series!!

Vinci

Danish
It's a random picture game that will focus the image based on how far or close you move the Wiimote from the sensor bar. It's effing genius. You guys should see it.

I know nothing. I hate these sorts of things.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Slurpy said:
This is one of the most fucking ridiculous things I've seen on gaf- and hats saying alot.

What exactly is your hat saying? He isn't telling you to... do... things is he?

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I hate to jump into the speculation circle-jerk, but I'm throwing out the idea that this is Matsuno's work. Kinda reminds me of Yoshida's style in Vagrant Story.

Dascu

speedpop said:
I hate to jump into the speculation circle-jerk, but I'm throwing out the idea that this is Matsuno's work. Kinda reminds me of Yoshida's style in Vagrant Story.
A bloody gladiator game reminds you of Matsuno? Heh. It'd be pretty weird to have IGN get the scoop on Matsuno's new game as well.

dyls

Scrubking said:
Gladiatorz party

- 8 player local and online vs.
- 12 different arenas
- multiple themes like jungle, naval battles
- Ride chariots, horses or elephants
- open traps to unleash lions, tigers and all sorts of exotic threats on your opponents

Fucking sold.

Shiggy

Doubledex said:
Looks like a blue laser-sword (Star Wars) in the middle

(Or a blurry pic of a wrestling match between The Rock and Austin :p)

In case it is a laser, it could also be the new NST game.

Top Bottom