• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA Announces Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown for Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
4 Evo should come to US PSN. But given it's Sega, I doubt it will. :(

I wouldn't mind seeing the training mode Take-Out Bandit masturbates to. I thought Blazblue's was okay, but could be better.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
really excited for this, as i havent even touched a VF game since 3. being a digital release will hopefully mean a few of my friends will also bite

alstein

really excited for this, as i havent even touched a VF game since 3. being a digital release will hopefully mean a few of my friends will also bite

I do think conditions are ripe for this game to do well, despite VF5 being a mega-bomba on 360.

- online play that is well-done on both consoles
- fighting games being much more hype then 5 years ago
- spaced nicely between the two big releases this year (SFvsTK, and TTT2)
- new schoolers won't be as intimidated as old schoolers are of the series

Brisal73

And the tourneys keep going in Japan

2012 Toyko Bay Area Cup - Volume 1
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/20708509
text from virtuafighter.com
The 2012 Tokyo Bay Area Cup season starts off this weekend! The Bay Area Cups 3on3 tournaments are unique in that teams made at the beginning of the season remains the same at the end of the season. At the end of the season, there is a Climax Series to determine the best team overall.

KSVI Preliminary Qualifier - Hyogo A
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/20707576
text from virtuafighter.com
http://virtuafighter.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/312126#Post312126

@MUWANdo

Banned
Don't Games on Demand releases have to have been released at retail in some form?

Anyway, given that it's a multi-platform release I'm guessing it'll be a proper digital title.

Don't Games on Demand releases have to have been released at retail in some form?

Anyway, given that it's a multi-platform release I'm guessing it'll be a proper digital title.

I don't think so? IDK. Didn't Deathsmiles 2 go straight to GOG? Then I remember Arcana 3 was $30 on PSN. I don't know if there is a price ceiling PSN, or if Arcana was classified as something else.

It's all confusing, haha. Maybe it will just be a flat $15,

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
This will be up on virtuafighter.com soon (site is down) but here's the breakdown of the recently launched page:

Online Mode: up to 8 players, spectator mode included. Traditional options for room size, region, as well as to allow playable Dural

Customizable costumes: Because VF5FS is close to the maximum size allowed for DLC games, all items other than the defaults are not included in the game and are sold as DLC. Items will be sold separately and in packs.

Training: Options for throw escapes, evades, rising attacks/speed and struggle from guard breaks.

Replays: You can save offline AND online matches. Frame data, etc. will be included

License Mode: Tons of challenges as you fight the CPU. There's stuff like "all moves can be canceled", "half weight gravity" and "opponent health doubled", etc. Clear a challenge and get a special license.

Button configuration: You can set up the controller at the character select screen, and there's also a "button check" option too so you can check to make sure your buttons are properly configured and working!

Virtua Fighter: Giving hardcore fighting game fans what they want even if they ignore the fuck out of the series. :p

@MUWANdo

Banned
Oh hell yes. They really are doing pretty much everything I'd hoped they'd do. DLC dressups are kinda annoying, but whatever.

My dream is that there is an arcade or practice mode interrupt feature (like SF4) so I don't have to sit in online menus all day waiting then this shit would be PERFECT.

benzy

Customizable costumes: Because VF5FS is close to the maximum size allowed for DLC games, all items other than the defaults are not included in the game and are sold as DLC. Items will be sold separately and in packs.

DAMMIT.

Alx

Most of it sounds great. Too bad for the DLC items though, but I must admit I don't remember using character customization a lot in VF games. It was fun to unlock them in VF5, but the default outfits are good enough, probably even better.

kunonabi

This will be up on virtuafighter.com soon (site is down) but here's the breakdown of the recently launched page:

fucking bullshit. They are lucky that I'm starved for VF. The packs better be character specific with the contents listed before purchase.

@MUWANdo

Banned
DLC items are dumb.

Still day 1, regardless.

Dammit, I am part of problem.

What problem? The DLC is entirely cosmetic, and even if they're bullshitting about the reason it's not part of the base package (I tend to think that there are probably elements of both at play - they don't have the space to include them off the bat AND they're using DLC to offset the low price of the core game) they've otherwise included basically every important feature you could possibly want. In the scheme of things it's a fairly minor complaint.

I have no qualms with my intentions to grab this on day one, because it's an example of devs giving me exactly what I asked for - and not just any old dev, Sega. Sega. That's some Twilight Zone shit right there.

Atcha

4 Evo should come to US PSN. But given it's Sega, I doubt it will. :(

I wouldn't mind seeing the training mode Take-Out Bandit masturbates to. I thought Blazblue's was okay, but could be better.

4 evo has a awesome training tutorial :D

Suairyu

Banned
Hah.

Nobody buy any DLC costumes okay?

Online Mode: up to 8 players, spectator mode included. Traditional options for room size, region, as well as to allow playable Dural

Training: Options for throw escapes, evades, rising attacks/speed and struggle from guard breaks.

Replays: You can save offline AND online matches. Frame data, etc. will be included

License Mode: Tons of challenges as you fight the CPU. There's stuff like "all moves can be canceled", "half weight gravity" and "opponent health doubled", etc. Clear a challenge and get a special license.

Button configuration: You can set up the controller at the character select screen, and there's also a "button check" option too so you can check to make sure your buttons are properly configured and working!

Virtua Fighter: Giving hardcore fighting game fans what they want even if they ignore the fuck out of the series. :p

Godlike. Sega will have all my monies.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I think I'm just gonna have to break my dlc cherry. :( I hope they are character specific at least.

alstein

Sega really is doing everything we wanted.

Some folks will complain about the DLC, but I'd pay $60 or even $100 for this game, so DLC isn't a problem for me.

Hell, if this game was put out on MVS Cart, I'd buy a Neo-Geo cab just for it.

After this game comes out, I'm done buying fighters. Won't be any more need.

Dachande

So, hang on. When I play people online, if one of us, say the opponent, doesn't have the DLC pack, they won't be able to see my customised character on their end?

If they can, then the "download size" excuse is bullshit.

The thing that depresses me is actually that by buying them, they'll just be available for us to use. I don't want them to all be there - I want to earn my items. That was one of the most fun things about the previous home versions.

Hah.

Nobody buy any DLC costumes okay?

Sorry, I'll have to buy Aoi's. I'll just have to.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
So, hang on. When I play people online, if one of us, say the opponent, doesn't have the DLC pack, they won't be able to see my customised character on their end?

If they can, then the "download size" excuse is bullshit.

Nope, they specifically said on the site that if you do not have the DLC item, then you cannot see your opponent's item, so it's not an excuse. I totally believe their reasoning btw, since MS still has the file size limit on XBLA games that PSN does not.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH

Online Mode: up to 8 players, spectator mode included.

FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Day WON!!!!

BadWolf

Wasn't going to bother with customization anyway so don't care about the DLC, its nice to be able to pay a lower price for the main game though.

That button config sounds pretty sweet, they took it a step further with the button check, the dev team clearly has tournaments in mind.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Day Goh for me.
Oichi are you working with Sega writing stuff like with Capcom?

Oh and by the way im buying all the items DLC. Take that hardcore gaming!

alstein

Well damn. Between that and the DLC situation I'm probably going to wait on this one.

It sounds like they're including the epic training mode, and the arcade mode was really overrated and a grind for items. The VF5 AI wasn't that good.

I could destroy all the AI's by spamming Jeff's 9K+G, or any circular since it tried to evade everything.

VF will be about playing folks of your skill level online and self-improvement. It's a game that gives you a ton of different ways to work on improvement, and rewards you fairly for doing so.

Bleep

Wouldn't this mean you would have to download the DLC to be able to see peoples custom characters, much like costumes in Super Street Fighter 4 on PS3 and DLC characters in Mortal Kombat? That's a shame.

Wouldn't this mean you would have to download the DLC to be able to see peoples custom characters, much like costumes in Super Street Fighter 4 on PS3 and DLC characters in Mortal Kombat? That's a shame.

Sounds like it.

I need to subject everyone to my bad fashion sense.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
This is all great. I might not love the DLC idea, but whatever, I am going to buy it all anyway.

My important question is....do you think it will have those cute intro movies I see in youtube videos of arcade matches of the characters dancing around?

Top Bottom