• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega Genesis Mini coming to the US on Oct 27th!

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Never played Alien Soldier. Had already moved my interest getting ready for PS1. But it's an awesome boss battle game going by videos.

Shining in the Darkness is a decent JRPG. The usual old school JRPG with blue text boxes, tons of random turn based fights. I dont remember it being a hard game except the final boss was tough (or perhaps my characters were underpowered). I remember leading up to the final fight you had to slog through a spiral tunnel of fights just to get to him.

Never played Lightening Force. By that time I stopped buying space shooters as they are awesome but shallow games. Played it on emulator when the net came about and it is sweet. Just dont expect a sequel called Darkening Force. LOL

SkylineRKR

I barely used the SNES mini but the MD mini got a lot of playtime in fact. Even beat Revenge of Shinobi (with savescumming, no shame). But this... Sega CD is nice and all but i'm good.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Interesting that there's Mega Drive games. I guess you'll be able to choose the language and games that don't have a translation will be available in the settings when you change the language.

God dammit...

giphy.gif

Ceadeus

Gold Member
That might be cool collector stuff.

But I really wish Sega to dig into their dreamcast games too and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

One idea would be a dedicated page of dreamcast classics on Xbox live and gamepass.

Davesky

I’m fine sticking with my original Mega Drive connected to a CRT. After 20 years of poor emulation and pixelated garbage on modern displays, then rediscovering my love through real hardware again I can’t imagine playing it any other way. I’m intentionally playing in RF though so my opinion probably doesn’t amount to much..

Last edited:

TexMex

This was a fun novelty once, but I'm not going to have a pile of these either. Capped it at the SNES classic. Put all of this on the Switch Online app.

Last edited:
This was a fun novelty once, but I'm not going to have a pile of these either. Capped it at the SNES classic. Put all of this on the Switch Online app.

Last edited:

RAIDEN1

I still have my SNES mini connected but haven't completed ANY of the games I have on there....maybe Earthbound will be the exception one day......

Sega really can't move on past the 90s.
This would be a much bigger deal (along with the original Genesis Mini) if Sega had done more to protect their IPs instead of whoring them out to whoever wanted to make a TV game console for $20 at Target over the last 20 years. You wanna know why Nintendo was so reluctant to let just anyone bring out their games in whatever format for a quick buck? Compare the reaction to something like this to the reaction the NES Classic got. I saw old high school classmates on social media who I didn't even know liked games like and share that announcement.

TransTrender

Gold Member
I have the first one of these and I never really played it since the controllers are absolute junk. Even the 6-button version was complete shit.

Isa

Well I bit. Says Amazon Japan will handle the shipping with US Amazon it seems. Makes me wonder what the on board languages will be. Can't wait to see the rest of the titles, hope some great ones make it on there. I need Popful Mail and Lunar badly! Can't wait to go through Shining Force CD again. Also Rolling Thunder 2. I wonder if my other mini controllers will be compatible...

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
You can still play on original systems collectors are very worried about losing their hobby.

DavJay

Game list sucks but that is expected as the first mini already got 80 percent of the good genesis games. Hope some mortal kombat makes it in

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Game list sucks but that is expected as the first mini already got 80 percent of the good genesis games. Hope some mortal kombat makes it in
So true.

Unless someone is begging for some Sega CD games or they add in lots of solid games for the remaining games, the first mini will have much better games as a whole.

Krathoon

I wish they would actually put the cool, weird stuff on these. They could put hundreds of games on it. They just don't want to go through the licensing hassle.

BlackTron

I love the way the SNES and Genesis minis look next to each other.

That pretty much handles that though...no need for a mini of the console revision...what is the Genesis 3 next? C'mon already lol.

nikos

FINALLY, OutRunners! I have been waiting for some kind of re-release of this forever. Not to mention OutRun and Super Hang-On. Preordering immediately.

Is Amazon Japan the only way to get this?

Last edited:

lachesis

I am most likely to buy one - but it depends on which "region". Last time, I bought Asian ver - because to me, it felt like best collection of games.
So yeah - will wait unti.all games are announced before I preorder any.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
I feel like I'm the only one who wanted this

Saturn mini was never happening and I don't give a rats ass about the Dreamcast

When it comes to SEGA.... Genesis, CD and Master System is where its at

I want a Master System mini next

Last edited:

AREYOUOKAY?

I'm not sure if it's them being cheapasses or scammers not giving us 2 controllers again. Especially since Japan got 2 of those versions the first time around.

Top Bottom