• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega Genesis Mini coming to the US on Oct 27th!

lachesis

I'm not sure why they are not updating Genesis MIni titles... I mean they are putting Robo Aleste JP ver and US ver - so I guess that's pretty much given. Hope they are not counting those 2 as separate games though.

Also, Snatcher CD would be awesome... I'm sure they are doing what they can for getting that license. (Some very interesting stories on how they managed to get the Nadia one... like having to get license from Ban-Nam, then NHK, then the song rights for the OP all in separately.

Haven't they don't this before with a slightly bigger version that came loaded with games? I swear I saw it at Family Dollar back in the day for $30.

lachesis

I wonder if they are going to put any effort on translating Sega CD SMT into English for Genesis Mini ver. I mean the official translation is already there on iOS ver...
Also pretty glad that some games would be "enhanced" - like View Point that will play smoother than the original - or you can choose original arcade music or original genesis music (faster) for Truxton etc...

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
They weren't fucking joking about it being mini this time. Just had mine delivered.

PatSHm2.jpg

Metnut

Is old man Victor Ireland still holding Lunar hostage or are those games included?

Last edited:
Is there a way to get a 2nd controller for 2 player ? Tempted on this but no 2nd controller and Amazon Japan wants $23 for shipping has me on the fence.

ranmafan

Been playing around with my mega drive mini 2 since yesterday. Got the Japanese one, and thankfully all the games that are also on the Genesis mini can be played in English on the Japanese one just like the original mini. Also while only in Japanese, it’s nice to finally have Lunar 1 and 2 sega cd versions to play after all these years.

Top Bottom