• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA reveals Hyenas by Creative Assembly

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Art aesthetic looks interesting, but that Zero-G bidness would just probably turn me off and or make me sick after awhile. Honestly just looks like another shooter with a cool color palette and graphics.

Reeks of pandering to a demographic that doesn't play games.

What demographic is that? And what of the 26 second teaser gives you that impression?

VN1X

Banned
ME AND A FRIEND GOT ACCEPTED INTO THE ALPHA IM SO EXCITED!!!1

DIBS ON DRAG!

Drag Queen GIF

DIBS ON DRAG!

Drag Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Crew511A

It's amazing to me we have people defending this game. The Bleeding Edge comparison seems to be dead on. Sega keeps doing these surveys, asking players what they want. Who exactly is asking for this?

MiguelItUp

Lots of shit talking about a game people haven't played, as usual.
I participated in one of the previous playtests and I didn't care for it whatsoever, honestly. Not to mention there's this extremely off putting obnoxious vibe all over it. Maybe some folks may like it? With how a lot of people having little patience for annoying characters in games, etc., I'm not thinking a ton will be into it. All I know is it ain't for me.

Signed up for the alpha but keeping my expectations nonexistent.
I highly recommend that approach.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Drag queens, proudly sharing his bulge with the world. Stupid "cosplayers". Just, disgusting, absolutely disgusting. Wtf is this game for?

but thats like acting like the security guards in the game is to bring in security guards in real life to buy the game......

So....it sounds like this game is having all sorts of crazy characters cause it fits the far out, not so serious, narrative of the game. Nothing in what I've seen in this game points to some wild notion that the existence of anything of those characters is to get said demographic to buy the game or something.

(Ima make a game about a bank teller that goes on a killing spree so we can get more bank tellers to buy games) lol

Crew511A Crew511A defending? lol stop man, this is a video game, not a war. I'll check out this game cause it looks like it could be fun. So those surveys might merely be for exact IP they want to resurrect, but if they wanted to jump into the FPS online market, all that could be separate from those surveys. As in...the survey wasn't some absolute lol It wasn't some thing that told you this is 100% THE ONLY thing Sega will do or anything odd like that.

So I don't know what I don't know and for all I know this becomes some next big MP titles. I'd be lying if I Fucking told you I knew what the next MASSIVE MP title would be just by looking at a trailer. I never thought Fortnite would be what it is today based on its first ever trailer, I never thought APEX would be out here with 100 million players or COD mobile with 600 million etc. So how many times do we really see us "ask for" something and its the exact thing that does 100 million or something? Many times its something we've just never seen before and likely couldn't have guessed.

So who knows with this, but as a gamer I play games for fun, this isn't a war for anyone to be forcing this "defending" narrative lol

Mr Hyde Mr Hyde lol, i know you are joking, but the fact that Fortnite even fucking won a GOTY....who knows. Online MP stuff is such a wild hit or miss, I just can't say 100% something will flop or will do gangbusters or something.

Bragr Bragr True, but I thought that before APEX and Fortnite, I never know what is enough to that install base and in comes some wild new MP title tweens are talking about on Twitch lol

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
Uhhh so my first impressions are actually... positive? I only played the tutorial and a live match so obviously take this with a truckload of salt but so far I like this more than The Finals. Shocker! Sure the aesthetic is different to say the least but for what it's worth the characters are really well realized, even down to the idle animation in the menu. Very reminiscent of Apex Legends in places.

Gameplaywise I felt it was much more snappy compared to recent games I've tested such as The Finals, XDefiant or Deceive Inc. Shooting felt like CoD and the zero-g mechanics took about 2 seconds to get used to and before I knew it I was flying around with ease, jumping from platform to platform, shooting while doing so. I guess the easiest comparison would be Dead Space except your view never rotates and always stays level. It's all very smooth and intuitive. I played as the ballerina character who has an ultimate that allows you to go into zero-g even outside of the low gravity zones and I found it to be very useful during fights against other players.

The match objective itself is still a bit vague though. Is it a full on extraction shooter or is it match-based? I also didn't see a way to get the currency that was required so we quickly got left in the dust on the in-match leaderboard. We did however manage to get second out of all the five teams so that's something. One of my random teammates even used a mic and we managed to easily call out spots to each other as well.

So yeah not a bad first impression at all! I look forward to diving in some more later. If you're in EU feel free to hit me up on Steam so we can get a match or two going.

Last edited:

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
but thats like acting like the security guards in the game is to bring in security guards in real life to buy the game......

So....it sounds like this game is having all sorts of crazy characters cause it fits the far out, not so serious, narrative of the game. Nothing in what I've seen in this game points to some wild notion that the existence of anything of those characters is to get said demographic to buy the game or something.

(Ima make a game about a bank teller that goes on a killing spree so we can get more bank tellers to buy games) lol

Crew511A Crew511A defending? lol stop man, this is a video game, not a war. I'll check out this game cause it looks like it could be fun. So those surveys might merely be for exact IP they want to resurrect, but if they wanted to jump into the FPS online market, all that could be separate from those surveys. As in...the survey wasn't some absolute lol It wasn't some thing that told you this is 100% THE ONLY thing Sega will do or anything odd like that.

So I don't know what I don't know and for all I know this becomes some next big MP titles. I'd be lying if I Fucking told you I knew what the next MASSIVE MP title would be just by looking at a trailer. I never thought Fortnite would be what it is today based on its first ever trailer, I never thought APEX would be out here with 100 million players or COD mobile with 600 million etc. So how many times do we really see us "ask for" something and its the exact thing that does 100 million or something? Many times its something we've just never seen before and likely couldn't have guessed.

So who knows with this, but as a gamer I play games for fun, this isn't a war for anyone to be forcing this "defending" narrative lol

Mr Hyde Mr Hyde lol, i know you are joking, but the fact that Fortnite even fucking won a GOTY....who knows. Online MP stuff is such a wild hit or miss, I just can't say 100% something will flop or will do gangbusters or something.

Bragr Bragr True, but I thought that before APEX and Fortnite, I never know what is enough to that install base and in comes some wild new MP title tweens are talking about on Twitch lol

50 cent laughing GIF

kether

Neo Member
Wasn't faniliar with this game, but woke up to a friend sending me a code telling me to check it out. Played the tutorial and one PvE match. Enjoyed it quite a bit. Surprised to come check out others impressions online and see so much negativity. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I don't play these types of games typically, so it's relatively fresh and new to me. Really enjoyed the music and world. Hope it succeeds.

EDMIX

Wasn't faniliar with this game, but woke up to a friend sending me a code telling me to check it out. Played the tutorial and one PvE match. Enjoyed it quite a bit. Surprised to come check out others impressions online and see so much negativity. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I don't play these types of games typically, so it's relatively fresh and new to me. Really enjoyed the music and world. Hope it succeeds.

I mean, people who had that negative view didn't even play the game lol

Top Bottom