• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sell someone a movie with a single GIF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

desu

tumblr_nby8fmFXxf1tfz7ygo1_400.gif

The Guest

Been trying to find a gif of the grenade scene, but I guess that would spoil one of the best scenes of the movie!

you seriously liked this movie?

it's the only movie i've seen in theaters that i considered walking out on. absolute garbage imo.

Why? I found the movie to be beautify filmed, and has some of the most atmospheric surrealism you'll find this decade, along with a subtle yet striking performance from Scarlett Johansson

P.S. Yes, I do know how pretentious I sound at times.

I love both of you for representing Lawrence of Arabia
Another one

ImpeccableWetHowlermonkey.gif

Prince Feisal: The English have a great hunger for desolate places. I fear they hunger for Arabia.

T.E. Lawrence: Then you must deny it to them.

Prince Feisal: You are an Englishman. Are you not loyal to England?

T.E. Lawrence: To England and to other things.

Prince Feisal: To England and Arabia both? And is that possible? I think you are another of these desert-loving English.

(Sorry, had to post the full sized gif to capture the full shot)

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Lawrence of Arabia is one of the films that made me appreciate cinematography. Simply amazing.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Another one
Prince Feisal: The English have a great hunger for desolate places. I fear they hunger for Arabia.

T.E. Lawrence: Then you must deny it to them.

Prince Feisal: You are an Englishman. Are you not loyal to England?

T.E. Lawrence: To England and to other things.

Prince Feisal: To England and Arabia both? And is that possible? I think you are another of these desert-loving English.

(Sorry, had to post the full sized gif to capture the full shot)

Nothing is written!

cormack12

Gold Member
Someone posted the fox scene already but you only get while that's great while watching it. To sell someone on collateral, I'd probably use this but I can't find a longer snip of the briefcase scene
TinyFarArrowcrab.gif

eXistenz
existenz-gun-o.gif

Mulholland Dr.
mulholland-drive-monster-o.gif

Now you see me
a-isla-flies-in-her-bubble.gif

Tjhe Prestige
tumblr_m2t24apFHp1r94e9jo1_500.gif

City of God
tumblr_mc97iolfrj1qg39ewo1_500.gif

acrid

Banned
The%2BTaking%2Bof%2BDeborah%2B2.gif

Taking of Deborah Logan

So many people are sold on this, but the bitch of the matter is that this is basically the movie's money shot. That's not to say the rest of it wasn't good. Also, be warned, it's a found footage/mockumentary movie, so if that's not your thing you may be disappointed.

tcrunch

Time for your Saturday cartoons kids!

m8pHkoA.gif

The Prince of Egypt

oM4uAC9.gif

Watership Down

hI92pZ1.gif

Princess Mononoke

lKTEN5o.gif

The Last Unicorn

Status
Not open for further replies.