• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Burst |OT| We Now Live In a Post Happy Boobs Wrapped World

upandaway

I like Hikage because of her voice (and because her birthday is 2 days after mine), that's about it I think. In terms of gameplay Hibari is the worst, and I like Frantic Ikaruga because of her silly broken Y combo that stunlocks most bosses.

ohlawd

now we wait for someone to claim they hate Ika-chan

Ikaruga/Yomi is my favorite couple, oh woops meant to say rivalry.

cuz u no, Yomi is so much of a goddess Ikaruga gets bumped up to near goddess level as a result

what are some tips for getting better at this game I was shocked to see I failed the first mission you get with Ikaruga

I'm guessing I should just grind my levels for each character to get better

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I forget the terminology but I find the game easier when you go all offense and start each fight in your underwear.

Shizuka

Do I have to clear both Hanzo and Hebijo sides from Burst before playing Shinovi Versus? I've finished Hanzo last year, but haven't touched Hebijo ever since.

MSMrRound

but haven't touched Hebijo ever since.

Hebijo's side give a rather nice perspective on things, and you get to explore the background of the Hebijo girls.

If you are pressed for time, why not just clear the key missions that you need to advance the story? They make for good reading.

Shinovi Versus kinds of take place some time after Burst, so there's no doubt you will find out what happened to some of the girls.

Shizuka

Hebijo's side give a rather nice perspective on things, and you get to explore the background of the Hebijo girls.

If you are pressed for time, why not just clear the key missions that you need to advance the story? They make for good reading.

Shinovi Versus kinds of take place some time after Burst, so there's no doubt you will find out what happened to some of the girls.

Thank you very much, that sounds like a great plan. Truth is, I don't even remember the story for the Hanzo girls since I've played that on launch and never touched the game again. Will that be a problem, or is that another reason to play the Hebijo side, to remember what happened during the story?

Vylash

Do I have to clear both Hanzo and Hebijo sides from Burst before playing Shinovi Versus? I've finished Hanzo last year, but haven't touched Hebijo ever since.

Hebijo is /really/ good, so I'd recommend finishing it regardless, I loved it way more than Hanzo

On sale in the NA eShop for $19.99 (33% discount) until October 14

@XSEEDGames said:
Also SHINOVI VERSUS is only TWO WEEKS away! To celebrate, SENRAN KAGURA Burst on the Nintendo eShop is on sale til then for $19.99!

I rarely buy digital versions of fully-viable physical games but this is one of those times.

pariah164

It's... not entirely false :)
tumblr_m9en10uqX41qit8aco3_500.gif

Kinda interested in Shinovi Versus, and luckily this was on sale. Might as well give it a shot to decide if I want to keep my preorder for the physical version of the new game.

Sora_N

Picked this up on sale for the plot, but the game is pretty fun.

I'm a little confused though, I can just pick any girl and play any level? I accidentally picked Ikaruga for 1-3, thinking the game automatically changed the character. I'm guessing there's just different dialogue when you use different characters, or do some have unique missions too?

I'll probably just play with each character once through either way for the plot. :)

EDIT: So the game does switch characters for you! I actually really like the combat so far, pretty fun. This is the first game to give me handcramps on the OG 3DS though.

Shizuka

I need to play the Hebijo side, but I don't remember a thing about the Hanzo story. Do the Hebijo side of the game helps remembering the story?

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
I need to play the Hebijo side, but I don't remember a thing about the Hanzo story. Do the Hebijo side of the game helps remembering the story?
Not everything, only the events that happened between the schools. The only thing I remember from the Hanzo story that isn't in the other story was
the missing student thing.
I'm slogging though the Hebijo story right now as well, halfway chapter 4. Can't wait to put this away.

Shizuka

Not everything, only the events that happened between the schools. The only thing I remember from the Hanzo story that isn't in the other story was
the missing student thing.
I'm slogging though the Hebijo story right now as well, halfway chapter 4. Can't wait to put this away.

Managed to get it started, got to chapter 2. It's better than what I remember of Hanzo, but I can't remember a lick of Hanzo's story.

Chrom

I still play this game for 100% even though I'm pretty terrible at keeping at it over long periods of time. It's still one of my favorite 3DS games and I love the series, looking forward to when I get around to playing Shinovi Versus. Here's what my time for Burst looked like at the end of last month (in-game timer stops at 99:59).

Yomi best

inthemyst

Neo Member
I finally beat Burst last night and unlocked the 6th character for Hebijo. I'm debating if I want to go back and get A rank + Star ranks on the rest of the Hebijo missions or just jump straight into SV.

Chrom

I finally beat Burst last night and unlocked the 6th character for Hebijo. I'm debating if I want to go back and get A rank + Star ranks on the rest of the Hebijo missions or just jump straight into SV.

I'd just jump into SV if I were you. I'm not even against Burst, but from my experience with completing every mission with everyone in Hanzo, it's just a tedious process. I think you'd more likely have a better time visiting SV and see where that takes you.

Chrom

I feel like frantic mode has devolved to just me doing jump x with daidouji.

I think out the gate Daidouji can one-shot most enemies with her dash attack alone. I like to combo that together with a jump and either an aerial ninja art or just a strong air attack to finish.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah but dashing doesn't prevent me from getting hit by off screen projectiles or ninjas hitting through my hitbox. *shakes fist*

Chrom

Yeah but dashing doesn't prevent me from getting hit by off screen projectiles or ninjas hitting through my hitbox. *shakes fist*

I suppose you're not wrong, but even then, Daidouji's such a tank that I can't imagine it's much of a big deal. So far, the only time in Frantic with Daidouji that I felt genuinely worried over her health was with mission 4-11, but that chapter's an outlier when it comes to difficulty, I've always felt. Can't comment on Chapter 5 missions with her on Frantic yet, though.

Top Bottom