• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Burst |OT| We Now Live In a Post Happy Boobs Wrapped World

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The back of the EU box:

h89290929

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
What does Hikage say when she jumps in the air? Stoudemire? She a fan of the Knicks?

Mask

I got this yesterday.

Had to go through to Game though. The 3D poster they sent with my copy has a big scratch down the middle of the back, like it was caught with a box cutter or something.
Ruins the 3D effect on it, because there's a big line of the picture missing.

Haven't had much of a chance to delve into it yet, but what I have played is pretty fun. It's very.. jiggly, to say the least.

I think Hibari is way more useless in terms of Ninpos; the foot stomp just doesn't do it for me.

Where's all the posts from Europeland though?

Too busy playing to bother posting ;p

I finished Hanzo yesterday and got to the middle of Hebi this afternoon. It's great. Technically there is a gap between Burst and SV, yes, but soon you find yourself in levels where you have to control dozens of ennemis simultaneously and you don't think about it anymore...

It's my first contact with an officially translated SK game; I know universe rather well, I've read japanese summaries/dialogue transcripts years ago, and I was really pleased to see how the English translation tried (and succeded) to maintain the original game's fragile balance. I'm all the more sad to see people denigrating Senran Kagura and refusing to see beyond the fanservice, as the story and the characters are where the series really shines, and some scenes (those narrated by Ikaruga, by example) near the end are powerfully and poignantly told. Truly, genuine emotions (and not crappy, dark-emo, childish attempts at aping maturity) is something that is too severly lacking in today japanese game & manga industry, and Senran Kagura can offer it in spades if you are sufficientaly open of mind for it. Congratulations to the translators for having outdone themselves !

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Guess this is the best place to post it, considering it's not really thread worthy, but still interesting. Xseed posted the following tweet that states "[Endowed ladies endure constant training regimens in class to overcome wicked nemeses.]" which sounds like another Shinovi Versus tease.

Edit: Nope, Akira's Strip 2 localization tease. Back to waiting for SV.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
My copy finally arrived from amazon today. I just need to beat this last dungeon in Zelda ALBW first!

Reknoc

been playing this on and off, finally finished the hanzo storyline on the bus to work today and started the hebijo one. It's a fun game, but man that final boss was bad.

Forsythia

It's ridiculous, no store here carries the game and I've preordered it online, but haven't received it yet. :/ Is there such a limited print?

It might be doing well in Europe, but I really wonder where. (I'm just annoyed, I want my game!)

m0t0k1

It's ridiculous, no store here carries the game and I've preordered it online, but haven't received it yet. :/ Is there such a limited print?

It might be doing well in Europe, but I really wonder where. (I'm just annoyed, I want my game!)

Do you live outside the uk? I live in the netherlands and the game has been announced as 14/3/2014 release. So i ordered from zavvi.

What m0t0k1 said. Release date varies according to which country you live in.

That said, if you ordered on an UK store you should already have received it. I received my copy last friday, a friend received his last monday or tuesday.

Forsythia

Do you live outside the uk? I live in the netherlands and the game has been announced as 14/3/2014 release. So i ordered from zavvi.

Yeah, I'm from the Netherlands as well. Never knew this was to be released on March 14th here, but that explains a lot.

m0t0k1

Yeah, I'm from the Netherlands as well. Never knew this was to be released on March 14th here, but that explains a lot.

Yeah well that is at least what the clerk at game mania told me. But i am pretty sure a lot of stores are not going to stock. If you really want it fast i see nedgame already has it with 1 day delivery for €38.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I was waiting for the figure thread cross-posting. :p

Is there any indication of how SKB has been selling in the UK eShop vs. physical copies? I'm just wondering if data like that can be used to convince XSEED to go physical in the states.

I'd be awesome, I had tons of fun with it. And Gamefaqs' translation still doesn't cover the entirety of Homura's Arc or her and Asuka's final battle, and I really like these parts...

Keeping my fingers crossed for a physical release !

3Kaze

Received my copy from Zavvi today and bought an used 3DS for this.
And holy shit, the framerate is fucking awful. I hope they fix it in SK2.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Plz release Shinovi Versus soon I will buy a Vita for it.

Blueblur1

I beat the Hanzo story last night after picking up the game for the first time in months. The story stuff at the end was kinda meh
except for the super-powered transformations (I'm a sucker for that stuff).
I want to dig into the Hebijo side if my schedule permits.

daydream

Banned
No PAL thread for this, it seems?

Anyway, went out and bought a copy that I'll dig into later. It was the last one they had, too. A good sign, I'm sure.

Top Bottom