• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Insanity: Rayman Legends, TW101 (in NA), Puppeteer, Amensia: AMfP, GTAV...

rayman and gta v will be must-haves.

puppeteer looks boring as sin. lbp had floaty controls too, but at least the level design was interesting.

Joke post? Even if the level design isnt interesting to you, what are you talking about in terms of controls? It doesnt have floaty controls at all.

Leks

You forget ArmA III.

Nothing for me in September, Rayman Legends will release tomorrow in Europe, and it only costed ~22€ for me at GMG, not so "wallet-killer".

MercuryLS

Banned
GTAV and Puppeteer are the last current gen games I'm getting, after that it's PS4 only from then on out. This gen is going out with a bang.

AniHawk

Joke post? Even if the level design isnt interesting to you, what are you talking about in terms of controls? It doesnt have floaty controls at all.

there's just a lot of hanging in the air. it makes the platforming seem less like you have total control over what's happening. a lot of people hate it (i don't particularly dislike it if the level design is up to snuff). i guess this one segment is worse because it's underwater and underwater stuff is awful no matter what game.

it's also giving me major drill dozer vibes for some reason. i did not like that one.

ohlawd

Paying full price for Rayman Legends - getting for the U and The Wonderful 101. Not really full price though since I'm getting each for 10 bucks cheaper but hey, same difference.

Really want GTAV but I can wait until later this year. Will pick up Puppeteer when it hits the bomba bins. It's already cheap at 40, still can't justify paying more than 20 for it.

AniHawk

GTAV and Puppeteer are the last current gen games I'm getting, after that it's PS4 only from then on out. This gen is going out with a bang.

still got disgaea d2, guided fate paradox, and ratchet & clank: into the nexus for me.

i'll probably be getting mgs 5 and other crossgen multiplatform games on the ps3 as well until it's no longer supported for that sweet free online multiplayer.

Neiteio

puppeteer looks boring as sin. lbp had floaty controls too, but at least the level design was interesting.
All of the hands-on impressions here and at various websites seem to indicate the controls in Puppeteer are NOT floaty; rather, they're snappy and precise, like Rayman. As for level design, the underwater level I linked in the OP shows how the challenge ramps up significantly. It's also worth bearing in mind that Puppeteer isn't necessarily meant to be a straight-up Mario clone -- it has a different tempo with a more deliberative approach, which is perhaps best illustrated by the "point-'n-click adventure" element that is the flying cat Yin Yang, controlled with the right stick and used like a cursor to interact with the backdrop. It seems you're negotiating environmental puzzles with the same regularity you're jumping and ducking and weaving.

AniHawk

All of the hands-on impressions here and at various websites seem to indicate the controls in Puppeteer are NOT floaty; rather, they're snappy and precise, like Rayman. As for level design, the underwater level I linked in the OP shows how the challenge ramps up significantly. It's also worth bearing in mind that Puppeteer isn't necessarily meant to be a straight-up Mario clone -- it has a different tempo with a more deliberative approach, which is perhaps best illustrated by the "point-'n-click adventure" element that is the flying cat Yin Yang, controlled with the right stick and used like a cursor to interact with the backdrop. It seems you're negotiating environmental puzzles with the same regularity you're jumping and ducking and weaving.

i just saw the demo is available. i suppose i should try it out before damning it completely. that 'mine cart' segment went on too long though. dkcr's were only a minute or two long and forced more precision platforming. rayman's treasure chase levels were a lot shorter and required even more skill.

wouwie

It's going to be a great month. Starting off tomorrow with Rayman Legends, then Brothers: a tale of two sons and Castle of Illusions next week. Then comes the highlight of the year (judging by the demo), Puppeteer and finally Rain in early October.

After that, i'll probably buy Beyond (depending on reviews) and finish this generation with Ratchet&Clank: into the nexus. I couldn't have dreamt off a better way to say goodbye to this console generation before starting the new one.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Being in Europe I already have W101 and will get Rayman on Friday. I have Total war 2: Rome on preorder and will wait for Gta V on PC.

Yep Europe here too so august was the Wii U month with W101 and Rayman and september is going to be PS3's with GTA V and Pupeteer :)

And after a lot is also coming...
The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD
Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag
Pokemon Y
Donkey Kong Country : Tropical Freeze
Watch_Dogs
Lego Marvel Super Heroes
The Legend of Zelda - A Link Between Worlds
Sonic Lost World
etc.

The end of 2013 is going to be awesome !

Not counting the PS4 / Xbox One games for those who are going Next Gen early.

Late spring, beginning of summer was empty but now there is so many games :eek:

hold-all-these-limes.jpg

Lucent

Because of the upcoming next-gen, I'm only getting GTAV this month. I really want Rayman Legends, too, but I can wait for that I guess.

October will probably just be Disgaea D2 Limited Edition, unless I cancel it.

November will be PS4 Launch Edition delivered to me from Amazon. Still wondering if I should get Killzone Shadowfall day one or just see if they have demos available the first week. Because I will most likely still be playing GTAV/Online and Disgaea D2. There are supposed to be quite a few F2P games right off the bat. And Driveclub+ will be worth a try.

I don't know if anything is coming out December.

This year is pretty packed though with games that I would love to get. But this semester is proving to take a lot of my time and the PS4 launch will be a big purchase for me.

If only Rayman Legends had online co-op to play with you guys I'd be more quick to buy it.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Buy Wonderful 101 folks, it's an instant classic!!

Fabrik

Banned
i just saw the demo is available. i suppose i should try it out before damning it completely. that 'mine cart' segment went on too long though. dkcr's were only a minute or two long and forced more precision platforming. rayman's treasure chase levels were a lot shorter and required even more skill.

Controls are not floaty in this game (I'm an expert, see avatar :)). But the lack of a run button and momentum might make the platforming too simple. It doesn't seem that the longer you press the jump button, the higher you jump. For those reasons alone, the game have zero chances of being better than Rayman Legends as a pure platforming game.
The game might have other problems too, notably in level design based on the demo. If you remove the prettiness, the first levels are extremely simple. The original Donkey Kong is more complex lol. Also I found the story bits too long and backgrounds set-up animations pace-breaking. Co-op wasn't really fun as well, the cat character is mostly useless so far and annoying.

glaurung

There's only GTAV on that list that demands my unwavering attention. The rest of those games will come later... much later... probably at a price point below £20.

Sorry, the controls aren’t floaty at all according to people that have played the demo. Apparently they’re super responsive/tight.

And I wouldn’t say the game looks boring at all. I thought it did look a little on the basic side until I saw this, this, this and this.

Jb

If GTA5 was the only game to come out this year I'd be fine with it. If it can approach San Andreas' level of variety in the mission design and geography with the fun but demanding driving of GTA4, the open world design of Red Dead and the gunplay of Max Payne 3, I just might skip next gen consoles this year and play that.

I'll probably get Rayman to keep me busy until the 17th.

masud

Banned
Getting w101, Rayman and Gta the second it hits steam. Puppeteer looks kinda bad to me. Arts style is not for me and I haven't seen anything interesting from a game play stand point.

Feindflug

Day one purchases for Rayman Legends, Puppeteer, Lone Survivor and The Wonderful 101.

Now about GTA5 after getting burned on GTA4 I think I'll wait for a price drop.

Wonderful 101 is absolutely amazing. I was a bit overwhelmed by the demo, but once you know where to look this game is absolutetly AWESOME. One of the best of its genre.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
I'm eyeing with Rayman (loved the demo) and Diablo III. Will buy GTAV later. I'm sure Rockstar won't need one more copy sold in September - unlike Ubisoft with Rayman.

Only Wonderful 101 is a lock for me. I was going to get Rayman day one, back in February, but after waiting seven months, why not wait a little longer for a price cut.

Puppeteer is another wait and see, same with GTAV. Not so much wait for quality, but wait to see if I get hyped when they come out.

TwisTz

Banned
Don't have the patience of some in this thread. Day one GTAV on PS3 for me.

GTAV and Killzone: Mercs should tide me over for September.

Then come October 1st - GTA Online opens up! Can't wait.

Rayman Legends,Amnesia and GTA5 will be mine.

Puppeteer looks interesting. But im gonna wait and buy it later. Or maybe even next month if the demo is fantastic.

MrCow

for me it is:

Rome II
Killzone Mercenary
Amnesia
GTA V

and friend is getting Rayman so we can play local co-op

-

maybe i'll get Puppeteer next Month

Suirrad

Puppeteer
Killzone Mercanary
GTA V
KH HD
Rayman

... My poor poor wallet

This.

I think I may hold off on Killzone Mercanary and Rayman. GTAV + KH HD will take up the whole rest of the year, not to mention Next Gen consoles in Nov.

Great time to be a gamer honestly.

Being broke sucks real bad. Waiting for sales on Rayman, Puppeteer and Amnesia but day one for GTA V which is dependent on impressions.

Espada

Yeah, September and October are going to be pretty crazy for me.

September: Puppeteer, Dead or Alive 5: Ultimate, Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD
October: Rayman Legends, Dynasty Warriors, Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus (if not now than November), Pokemon Y

I'm loving all the $40 offerings available, which has made me decide to wait on games until their price drops to that or below before picking it up.

LuuKyK

I am actually not even interested in any of these games lol.

I will buy KH 1.5 HD though, and maybe (big maybe) GTAV later. I also plan on buying Rayman Legends, but I will probably wait for it to be on sale on Steam.

W101 is already preordered. Rayman is gonna have to wait until sales. They really shoulda released this earlier on wiiU like planned. Would of been day 1. Now I gotta save up for sonic and perhaps another multi platform wiiU game.

Fabrik

Banned
Sorry, the controls aren’t floaty at all according to people that have played the demo. Apparently they’re super responsive/tight.

And I wouldn’t say the game looks boring at all. I thought it did look a little on the basic side until I saw this, this, this and this.

Watching these videos make it clear Puppeteer is not a real platform game.
It's more like a side-scrolling Zelda than anything.

Top Bottom