• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| of The Dreamcast of McGillicutty and "MAH SON!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lyte Edge said:
Man, only in the WWE do the refs miss interference and cheating in wrasslin' matches, BUT NOBODY IS GONNA TRY TO PULL ONE OVER ON THE BALANCE BEAMS AND PUSH-UPS!

I NO RITE! That was all kinds of levels of ridiculous. Please don't take Cole off the show tho WWE. This show would have been useless without him tonight.

Forkball

rvd2kewl said:
It's bad business, even if the show is going away in a couple weeks. I guarantee you there are parents there that don't usually watch the show and spent a few hundred bucks to take their kids there tonight to see this train wreck. Cole openly called them idiots for that and I doubt they're "entertained" by this garbage. You don't think they're going to think twice about spending that money next time WWE comes around when they can just watch it on TV for free like us?
Isn't NXT and Smackdown on the same card? I doubt anyone would buy tickets JUST to see NXT.

And have we finally witnessed Cole go full heel? If so, that was the best slow burn since CM Punk's turn.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there were many boyfriends/husbands that literally HATED Rick Rude for calling them out and then grinding the hell out of their women while they smiled and enjoyed it. Its ok, that's how a good heel works, as stated.

Forkball said:
Isn't NXT and Smackdown on the same card? I doubt anyone would buy tickets JUST to see NXT.

And have we finally witnessed Cole go full heel? If so, that was the best slow burn since CM Punk's turn.

I believe we might have. If so I fully approve. Please carry this over to Monday and let him start gonging Cena and whatnot.

WWE I loved you since WWF but that was a travesty. I'll blame it on Detroit today but next come next NXT and AJ does not win a contest, I will hunt Vince McMahon down and destroy him.

I hate the kids of the WWE universe

I hate the marks of the WWE universe

The last thing you want is an angry black man cause a negro's fixin to kick your posterior.

Fuck Cole and his gong idk about him.

Glad Naomi lost though. That shit was designed for her. AJ I still love you but I must be heel. One more thing... Destroit you suck donkey balls.

Signed
Spindashing-sama the champ

rvd2kewl

Forkball said:

You guys are missing the point. They may buy the tickets for Smackdown but they still have to sit through shit to get to Smackdown. You don't think that plays a role when people are walking out of that show and thinking about what they just paid, in most cases, a COUPLE HUNDRED BUCKS for when they could've just watched it on tv for free?

Vaux

Kaitlyn does a flip and a pose and still manged to win. oh yeah she also slapped the crap of AJ.
This was a great NXT episode.

Forkball

rvd2kewl said:
You guys are missing the point. They may buy the tickets for Smackdown but they still have to sit through shit to get to Smackdown. You don't think that plays a role when people are walking out of that show and thinking about what they just paid, in most cases. a COUPLE HUNDRED BUCKS for when they could've just watched it on tv for free?
But they get to see CM Punk job live and in person. And that, my friend, is priceless.

Kusagari

rvd2kewl said:
You guys are missing the point. They may buy the tickets for Smackdown but they still have to sit through shit to get to Smackdown. You don't think that plays a role when people are walking out of that show and thinking about what they just paid, in most cases. a COUPLE HUNDRED BUCKS for when they could've just watched it on tv for free?

Again, most of NXT season 2 was this same shit. Hell, most of season 1 after Danielson got kicked off was too.

Vaux said:
Kaitlyn does a flip and a pose and still manged to win. oh yeah she also slapped the crap of AJ.
This was a great NXT episode.

2d8nalz.jpg

I'm not gonna front, Kaitlyn smoking hot but the reason I'm a AJ fan is from all the matches I've seen of hers in FCW (the girl does a damn Shining Wizard and Shiranui as her finisher, gotta love it lol). I want her to win because I think she is the best in the ring of all the rookies (with Naomi being second in that regard).

rvd2kewl

Kusagari said:
Again, most of NXT season 2 was this same shit. Hell, most of season 1 after Danielson got kicked off was too.

Exactly, which goes back to my original point, it's bad business. What did it do for ratings? Nothing. Nobody gave a crap about any of those guys outside of the internet fans because WWE basically told the fans not to give a shit about them by the way they were booked.

When you treat your talent like jokes, why on earth would anyone pay $45 for PPV's and more for live events to see those guys? As entertaining as Goldust, Santino, and William Regal are, how many people do you think tune in during the week and buy tickets to see the guys that are booked as jokes? Zero!

Titslyn has tits and thats it dont fall for her. AJ is the queen. Come next NXT if there are no changes I will punch a newborn baby in the jaw

no obstacle courses

no dance offs

no jokes

ok? ok. haters step to the right as I defecate all over you.

spindashing said:
Titslyn has tits and thats it dont fall for her. AJ is the queen. Come next NXT if there are no changes I will punch a newborn baby in the jaw

no obstacle courses

no dance offs

no jokes

I got your back Spin!

dream

rvd2kewl said:
Exactly, which goes back to my original point, it's bad business. What did it do for ratings? Nothing. Nobody gave a crap about any of those guys outside of the internet fans because WWE basically told the fans not to give a shit about them by the way they were booked.

When you treat your talent like jokes, why on earth would anyone pay $45 for PPV's and more for live events to see those guys? As entertaining as Goldust, Santino, and William Regal are, how many people do you think tune in during the week and buy tickets to see the guys that are booked as jokes? Zero!

I get your point. Really, I do. But there's a difference between someone going "look at me I'm shooting who booked this crap winkwink" and what is basically a 1 hour comedy show bonus before the real tapings begin. NXT's never going to draw money so why not have fun with it while you're still contractually obligated to? It would probably be more offensive to me if they played it straight and pretended it was a good show.

I'm sure the ep will be on youtube in full by tomorrow through uploaders (if not WWE themselves). Twas many moments of hilarity throughout the night with Cole and Josh's commentary.

Lebron

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
I don't know what you guys see in AJ. Kaitlyn is way better.
You have Jay Lethal in your avatar, he was giving that WOOOO WOOO to AJ all the time. He saw her potential, you too must see it.

PWinsider.com said:
Canadian cable channel The Score will continue to air NXT after SyFy drops the series. NXT is listed on The Score's schedule for both October 6th & 13th. The schedule for the remainder of October has yet to be revealed.

Well WWE at least has a home for it somewhere. Now wtf they will do for the US remains to be seen. Online show possibly?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
spindashing said:

no obstacle courses

no dance offs

no jokes

You forming a heel stable? Im down if so

Vaux said:
You know what homey, I woke up and had a good morning.

I'm frying some eggs right now and now I wish I can throw the hot frying pan's contents on your balls so you can feel the pain I feel.

I thought today would be different.

Kamen Rider Parallax, that's a good idea cause I'm feelin kinda heelish right now.

Somethin like a NeoGAF Nexus. Idk I'm still ragin at that gif but our demands will be heard.

Just got done watching EVOLVE 4: Danielson vs Fish, and while it wasn't as good as previous shows, you get a sense that the promotion is coming into it's own and doing a good job of setting itself apart from the other competing indies in the area (ROH, CHIKARA, DGUSA, JAPW etc).

John Moxley vs Brodie Lee kick things off in a quick matchup that finished due to a DQ when Brodie grabs a chair and then kicks it into Mox's face. Moxley is such a great seller, and he's got all these mannerisms that really draw you in. He's not flashy or powerful, but he looks like he hits hard, sells well and cuts a great promo. He's the young Tracy Smothers.

Brodie Lee kicks John Moxley's face off;

EVOLVE4-1.gif

Drake Younger vs Chris Dickinson vs Ricochet vs Rich Swann in a Four Way-Fray match. Ricochet is without question the best highflyer in the US today, and the debuting Rich Swann is a definite up-and-comer in the ranks of indy wrestlings high-flyers. Neither unfourtunatly had much to do here, with much of the short match focussed on Dickinson & Younger. Dickinson looks to be a good talent for the future, but he's SOOOOOO bland, while Drake Younger is a CZW deathmatch 'tard, who when put into normal wrestling situations uses a bunch of Japanese-style head-drop moves without any of the psychology. Meh.

Womens match next, as some jobber jobs to Mercedez Martinez. Video package is played afterwards announcing Martinez vs Awesome Kong at a later date - finally, a proper womens match on an EVOLVE show.

Johnny Gargano vs Adam Cole. Kinda short match that sees Gargano in control of the young Adam Cole, until Cole picks up the suprise victory. Impressive showing by Cole, he's just been signed by ROH and it's easy to see why; he's young, athletic and, while he could do with a gimmick or character to help him stand out, he cuts a pretty good promo.

Tag match next with Aeroform vs CHIKARA Sekigun. I'm a big fan of the CHIKARA guys, and Hallowicked and Jigsaw are two of the best. Aeroform, i'm not so keen on. Too much of their offence looks weak, and while Lyndon & Kendrick have a good chemistry together, they rarely seem to have it with their opponents.

Flip Kendrick goes for a standing SSP and meets Hallowicked's knees with his face. Ouch;

EVOLVE4-2.gif

Arik Cannon vs Sami Callihan in a hard-hitting matchup. Cannon is one of the most under-rated guys on the indies. He's a kinda husky guy with a ginger beard and has never really stood out on the basis of his character. But these past two or so years, Cannon has becoming more known as a guy who, despite his frame, can be very athletic and is a great technical wrestler, and he shows it here against Sami Callihan.

Nicely worked rope-running spot between Callihan and Arik Cannon;

EVOLVE4-3.gif

Up in Smoke vs The Osirian Portal. Fun tag match here as the debuting CHIKARA team of The Osirian Portal take on Cheech & Cloudy, Up in Smoke. The Portal are one of my favourite tag teams at the moment, they're athletic as hell and have a great variety in their moveset (especially Ophidian, who has some unique pinning combinations and submissions up his sleeve).

Ophidian of the Osirian Portal with a unique counter to the up-and-over;

EVOLVE4-4.gif

Up in Smoke debut their new finisher, a sobat kick doomsday device into a backbreaker;

EVOLVE4-5.gif

Jimmy Jacobs vs Chuck Taylor. These two guys put on the match of the night right here. Probably should have been the main event, but I understand Gabe wanting to use Danielson's name as much as possible. Anyways, Taylor and Jacobs are both unbeaten going into this match, and the story here is all about Jacobs underestimating Chuck Taylor because he hasn't done as much, or been to as many promotions as Jacobs. Very competetive match with a fantastic finish.

Chucky T leaps onto the guardrail, onto the ring apron and clocks Jacobs with a kick to the face;

EVOLVE4-6.gif

AWFUL WAFFLE!!!

EVOLVE4-7.gif

Bryan Danielson vs Bobby Fish. EVOLVE first started as a conversation between Bryan Danielson & ex-ROH booker Gabe Sapolsky, and Gabe often cites Danielson as the promotions founding father. No doubt he would have had a bigger role to play, had the WWE not come calling. Anyways, now Danielson has the chance to wrestle in the promotion he had a hand in founding, and he chose Bobby Fish to be his first opponent. Fish is a guy who seems like he's been on the indies forever. I've seen him on countless shows for dozens of promotions, but he's never really stood out. Recently, Fish has seemingly been trying to change that - he's much bigger nowadays, very powerful and has some vicious looking strikes in his arsenal. But Bryan Danielson is still one of the best in the world, and most of this match sees him show that by expertly working over Fish's legs, trying to ground the larger man and stop him from utilizing his dangerous array of kicks and suplexes. Very good match that had the crowd frothing at the bit, but I personally didn't think it was as good as Chucky T vs Jacobs.

Danielson gets aggressive;

EVOLVE4-8.gif

Fish gets KO'd;

EVOLVE4-9.gif

World Wrestling Insanity has an interview with Paul London.
Excerpts said:
"I love you. I love you. You get it. The Twitter Effect, I call it. The Twitter Effect…Sadly, James, being a professional wrestler is all I ever wanted to with my life. Aside from acting, but to me it was the best of both worlds. I can be an actor and an athlete? This is awesome…Being around it all the time. The sunglasses. The botoxed lips. It just digusts me. You know, it's like hanging out with a bunch of puppets. A bunch of cattle."

"Matt Hardy, he's definitely one of those guys who's very phony to his fanbase. I think he tells them what he thinks they want to hear so they continue to kiss his ass. But he's very much one of those guys who won't even take his sunglasses off to talk to somebody, like if he ran into a fan at an airport or something like that. It's disgusting. When the camera's on you and people are watching, of course they're going to be fan friendly and 'I love my fans! Hey!' and all that stuff. But when it gets down to it, they couldn't be nastier about their fans and talk nastier about their fans. And it's not just that goof, but most of those guys."

"I was noted as having a maniacal sadistic look on my face several times staring off into the distance. Then someone would bring it up to me and say, "Are you ok?" I was like, "Yeah. Yeah. I'm ok. I was off thinking on something." Now I've had this conversation at least three times when I was there with a top guy - different guys each time - they said, 'You look like you're ready to kill somebody. If you ever come to work and decide to Columbine this place, start with me.' I'm not kidding you. I'm not kidding you. One of them is no longer alive. So, it's bizarre."

Oh Paul, you never cease to entertain!

mightynine said:
How the heck do we not have Cole and Gong GIFs?

That was the best part of yesterday's show. I love Heel Cole. His promo sounded exactly like the promo Joey Styles did when He "quit" Raw for the ecw show.

I hope the American Dragon cuts a promo on cole again and shows everytime Cole was made fun of by DX or The Rock.

That would be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom