• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seriously what the hell? Dreams is everything Unlimited Detail promised

Really impressive stuff. It absolutely does not appeal to me, but compared to those Mario somalian bootleg I'm used to seeing this feels messianic. I will not shitpost out of the utmost respect for the person behind these creations, you're the man!

Mokus

It’s not a game and people aren’t making games, I just want people to understand what it is before they run out to buy it and only be disappointed.
The game is about creating and check what others can do. And this is fun for some people. Somewhat similar to Minecraft. There are people who buy Skyrim or Grand Theft Auto just mod the hell out of these games.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
The game is about creating and check what others can do. And this is fun for some people. Somewhat similar to Minecraft.h There are people who buy Skyrim or Grand Theft Auto just mod the hell out of these games.
Or you could just buy those games, and get those mods. Not really a selling point for people.

All the sales charts agree with me,

Last edited:
Crazy work!
Man i wish i have time to start working somethings in dreams. But due to the amount of works i have right now i found it impossible to even turn on the ps4 :(

Mokus

Or you could just buy those games, and get those mods. Not really a selling point for people.

All the sales chats agree with me,
Or you could buy Dreams if you want something new and aimed specifically to these gamers. If you like shooters and after enjoying your Halo game, why not buy Doom or Bioshock for a new experience?

Kagey K

Banned
Or you could buy Dreams if you want something new and aimed specifically to these gamers. If you like shooters and after enjoying your Halo game, why not buy Doom or Bioshock for a new experience?

LMFAO. You are getting out of hand now.

Just say Dreams is Sony’s version of Gamepass next. Please.

Last edited:
  • Triggered
Reactions: GHG

Kagey K

Banned
2D sidescrollers feel like lesser versions of games to me. I dont go in threads to shit on them though and I respect the people that play them.

Well thankfully I’m dissing all gamers who enjoy all games, since Dreams does it all.

Or I’m dissing people trying to oversell something.

You decide.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Dreams makes some impressive visual demos, but as actually playable games they are very shallow unfortunately.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Well thankfully I’m dissing all gamers who enjoy all games, since Dreams does it all.

Or I’m dissing people trying to oversell something.

You decide.

You are bordering on the pathetic troll here Kagey K Kagey K . A thread is started to discuss the kind of graphics this engine can make in interactive smooth framerate scenes and you enter the thread trying to downplay Dreams as a game and try to ensure people will not buy it and gloat about sales agreeing with you?

You being one of the SonyGAF victim card calling ones, poor Xbox fans are hounded and are not free to enjoy their safe spaces thread, etc... spend your time on crusades against PS exclusives? Dreams could completely fail and bomb, but there is nothing to cheer about it if it were to do that. Why would anyone like to see this kind of work fail if it were not for console warring purposes?

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Dreams makes some impressive visual demos, but as actually playable games they are very shallow unfortunately.

This is not the point of the thread though? I guess if people storm a Halo Infinite thread complaining about the state of Halo: MCC at launch and their view on the last of 343i you will be just as understanding?

This thread seems to be about the visuals creators can achieve with it and how Dreams works as a creator toolkit. Then of course it had to become ground for more console warring because... reasons?!

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I gotta admit it. As a creative person this is the only ps4 exclusive I am really jealous about.

I would love this to come to my pc so I could create some fun things. At the same time it sadden my heart that people are lacking fantasy, so they have to use an established brand like Homer, SpongeBob etc.

I gotta admit it. As a creative person this is the only ps4 exclusive I am really jealous about.

I would love this to come to my pc so I could create some fun things. At the same time it sadden my heart that people are lacking fantasy, so they have to use an established brand like Homer, SpongeBob etc.

That’s the reason i purchase dreams at the first place lol.
3D progarm like blender and zbrush took a lots of time to understand and i need sth easier to create sth or take my art into 3D. Dreams is perfect for it.
But now i’m so busy to start the game lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom