• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sexy Beasts! A new Netflix Dating Show where people wear prosthetics to look like animals!

Soodanim

This looks like the typical dating show bollocks that we have in the UK, but with another twist. It’s dogshit, I won’t watch it, and it’s a shit use of their money, but it’s harmless enough - just like the dating shows you see on TV.

It’s not furry stuff though, it’s just merging hair and make up with Blind Date to make the polar opposite of Channel 4’s Naked Attraction. Google that one, America.

E4kP1IWXMAcd5W6

D

Deleted member 820760

Unconfirmed Member
The only thing worse than the people who make this shit is the dumb fucks who watch it.

levyjl1988

Banned
This would be great if we had TRUE genetically engineered furries that are aesthetically pleasing than just people wearing furry costumes.
Some people want the real thing. I'm just waiting for some mad scientist to conjure this reality.

maybe they're trying to do a live Bojack Horseman show and this is to test the water? :messenger_tears_of_joy: also, put a few ugly people in there already. what's the point of this if everyone is actually decent looking underneath the makeup?

Kadve

We trying to normalize furries now? WTF Netflix.

No, don't trick furries into thinking they have an acceptable place within society. lol

I imagine there will be mass REEEEE viewings. This is exactly the kind of shit furries have been waiting for.

I can ensure you all that most furries will find this just as creepy and weird as the rest of you. The portion of the fandom that finds Fursuiting "sexy" is a very small minority.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
God, Netflix is just one huge steaming pile of crap. I feel bad for being a subscriber, I'd actually feel better about myself if I were a pirate and not give good money to the idiots running that shit show.

LMJ

What COULD have been an interesting premise if the contestants were your average Joes/Janes or even better "ugly" by conventional standards, but as is the usual they are model-esqe "beautiful" instantly rendering the costumes as pointless, but also destroying the premise of the show "don't judge a book by it's cover"

Batman Facepalm GIF by WE tv

AKA yet another "unique \" idea thrown away for the same garbage...Neflix's MO at this point lol

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
This show is unwatchable except for episode 3 with the psycho girl from Jersey in the panda outfit. That girl is a treasure.

Eh.

I saw this earlier and I actually thought it was an interesting concept and was pretty kicked about how someone manage to green lit this.

Im in the industry though, so I didnt view it from a average consumer perspective but from a producer perspective - so the thought of how an insane concept got green lit and given a budget to do both the intense prosthetics used and film the show itself is intriguing.

But I personally do think it is an interesting concept regardless.

I get why some of you are "REEEing" over this like the "think of the kids" sensitive people you are, but I'm really not sure if this shows entire agenda is pushing furies into the limelight - or really just a whacky idea someone in the team had to ensure they get the project funded.

Only because its something I'd pitch as a "Hail Mary" during a pitch meeting not thinking it would pass, but completely bonkers enough that it might catch their attention.
I thought it was an interesting concept tbh

Toons

I've seen worse reality TV ideas honestly

Wierd that people are trying to make this political ITT lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom