• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SFV leak / rumor: Data miner claims next update includes unnanounced locked features

jett

D-Member
The salt about it actually has more value than arcade mode. You can fight random cpus in survival. If it's keeping you from buying it you should thank Capcom for not making you waste money on a game you don't actually like.

e9d.jpg

Gren

LOL at this Stockholm syndrome/apologist BS. I've enjoyed the game since launch and yet have criticized it as much as anyone.

Siege.exe

There's a term for that and it's called 'stockholm syndrome'.

Literally saying "stop liking what I don't", but okay, whatever

I have 300 hours in SFV. I guess I hate the game!

Buddy, what is insane is being actively happy/celebrating that arcade mode isn't in the game or that it will never be. Or completely misrepresenting the garbage single-player options in the game.

Personally, I hope people continue to bitch about it until it exists. Even if it never happens for SFV, clearly it has affected shit moving forward as Capcom has made it abundantly clear that MvCI has in fact an arcade mode.

It's just really fucking annoying at this point. Every single thread, without fail, whether or not the thread actually has to do anything with it. I'd rather not see people pissing and moaning about the exact same shit all the time

Spman2099

The minute I heard about this, I thought to myself "please don't be X-kira leaking this".

Oh well. Maybe this will finally be the thing that allows us to either fully trust him/her or write him/her off completely.

IMO X-kira hasn't hit enough home runs to be getting articles on EH...but, then again that's EH.

That's like saying a journalist isn't impartial enough to write for Breitbart... Eventhubs is a sewer.

Menitta

Story 2 is intriguing. I hope this season they finish whatever gap is left between 5 and 3 and then next season adds the other 3rd Strike characters along with a 3rd story that is just 3rd Strike's plot. I know I'm wishing for a lot but a man can only hope.

It's just really fucking annoying at this point. Every single thread, without fail, whether or not the thread actually has to do anything with it. I'd rather not see people pissing and moaning about the exact same shit all the time

Lmao...those who don't want arcade also complain about the same thing over and over again.load times, matchmaking, shitty cfn, netcode, frequent maintenance.

How is it any different? If you felt tired of the lack of arcade mode complain, then shouldn't u be tired of these complains as well?

Oh right...because only complains of stuff you care about are valid.

BrunOz

goddamn just give us something to stress out from online mode and spend some time offline with rewards, like Tekken Ghost mode (or the new Treasure Battle), VF4 Quest mode, Alpha 3 World Tour, Blazblue Infinity Tower, etc.

jett

D-Member

Well this thread is about "mined" content, so it's germane to it to bring up previously dubious mined content from the same guy that never came to fruition.

I'm so glad Capcom made it clear that Infinite will have an Arcade and Story Mode on release.

This SFV stuff is a mess, lol. And no, Survival Mode or setting the AI to fight at a certain difficulty in Training is not comparable to Arcade Mode whatsoever. At all.

As someone who plays fighting games competitively, I still prefer an Arcade Mode because I enjoy playing through it.

DR2K

Banned
So I guess street fighter v is a trend setter by not featuring arcade mode while all other fighting games are doing it 'wrong' by catering to this 'stockholm syndrome sufferers'.?

I wonder whether they trend will catch on for future fighting games. Ops...MvCI will have an arcade mode.

Your Stockholm syndrome is real serious. It's like praising the kidnappers as heroes and labelling the police as villains.

The CPU fucking sucks. It's either standing still or reading your inputs.

farisr

Yes they were.

They released a trailer of game modes.

Those were the game modes.

The end.
How about reading the entire post before responding so you don't make a fool out of yourself.
And before someone posts the Modes video. That video did not mention Versus at all which led to "well arcade was probably not mentioned for the same reason versus wasn't, as it's a standard mode". So yeah, not "pretty clear" at all actually.
The End.

Rocwell

If all this stuff turns out to be false it might be the last straw for some people when there are so many new fighting games hitting the market.

I think Tekken in particular sits in a prime position to eat SFV's audience right now. It's a great game that had some really entertaining tournaments the week before it comes out. It's got all the bells and whistles people complaing about being missing from SFV and has tons of mainstream appeal so I foresee it selling really well too.

Neoxon

If all this stuff turns out to be false it might be the last straw for some people when there are so many new fighting games hitting the market.

I think Tekken in particular sits in a prime position to eat SFV's audience right now. It's a great game that had some really entertaining tournaments the week before it comes out. It's got all the bells and whistles people complaing about being missing from SFV and has tons of mainstream appeal so I foresee it selling really well too.
If you're talking competitively, Tekken 7 still has to get through GGXrd & both Smash games to contest SFV competitively (T7 recently fell behind REV 2 in EVO entrants). And while I can see Tekken 7 getting ahead of Xrd, beating SFV & the Smash games competitively may be a bit of a taller order.

If you mean casually, that's another story entirely.

There's really no question. I reckon t7 on ps4 alone will outsell sfv on ps4 + PC total sales on day one. (I am talking about worldwide total sales obviously and not just NPD)

SFV is an easy game to pick on. No arcade mode, mediocre sales, season dlc, etc.

But I swear you "no arcade mode" harpers are more annoying than Switch port beggars. And what's even more funny is people tell you all where to find casual fighting games and yall never there to support them, only bash sf.

Fun Fact: they could announce arcade mode tomorrow, then the hate would switch to "to little, to late capcom". Give it a rest!

Online training mode would be heaven for me and my guys. I hope it's true and I hope Capcom keeps making features that the community wants.

Fraeon

The difficulty is completely messed in in survival mode, it's not enjoyable. Even more so in story mode which is like 3 matches, lol.

Curiously, I thought the reason people want an arcade mode is because playing against people online stresses them out and they don't really care about challenge?

The closest thing to an arcade mode is the easy survival mode. It's 10 fights. I'm quite sure whatever mode they're going to have that's an approximation of arcade won't be much better than that.

But seriously, whatever work put into an single player modes in SF5 would be better served put into new games. SF5 is a lost cause for casuals, anyway. They won't get their sales anymore.

Curiously, I thought the reason people want an arcade mode is because playing against people online stresses them out and they don't really care about challenge?

The closest thing to an arcade mode is the easy survival mode. It's 10 fights. I'm quite sure whatever mode they're going to have that's an approximation of arcade won't be much better than that.

But seriously, whatever work put into an single player modes in SF5 would be better served put into new games. SF5 is a lost cause for casuals, anyway. They won't get their sales anymore.
I don't think it would be that hard to program an arcade mode. In fact the crappy story modes for all the characters could have been made into an arcade mode with 8-10 character battles with an ai (with the story mode panels lining up with specific matches versus your rivals or w/e).

Fraeon

I don't think it would be that hard to program an arcade mode. In fact the crappy story modes for all the characters could have been made into an arcade mode with 8-10 character battles with an ai (with the story mode panels lining up with specific matches versus your rivals or w/e).

I'm not saying it's hard. I'm saying it's kind of a waste of time at this point for everyone involved. They're not getting any sales back by doing that.

Like, the window to do this was a year ago.

StereoVsn

Yep. It's been 15 months and they still haven't added one of the most basic SP features of the genre to this game, smh.

I won't go anywhere near MvC:I until I see every SP feature that will be included in that game from day 1. Capcom fooled me once with SFV.
Same here. The SP features are absolutely pathetic and I am not buying another Capcom fighter till I know exactly what the heck are on there.

What's amusing is that they even messed up arcade mode in SF2 on the Switch by not having the cars/barrels challenges.

Edit:
I'm not saying it's hard. I'm saying it's kind of a waste of time at this point for everyone involved. They're not getting any sales back by doing that.

If they are aiming to do a physical re-release ala SFV Ultimate, having SP features would be smart. They could have updated SP, and patched in two Seasons of characters/stages and sell it for say $50.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess

None of this will get any sales back. Story mode 2 won't. Nothing else won't. So by this logic, why do any of this?

farisr

Only way I see Arcade mode getting put in is if they do a "super" relaunch of sorts getting new reviews and what not and maybe a new retail copy with most of the content bundled in. (existing owners will automatically get upgraded to the new version, without the extra bundled content of course)

If you read between the lines, they are setting up for it.
The casuals are asking Capcom to casually slap together an arcade mode. Being Capcom is a business, if they are going to do it, then they have to do it right. That means everyone in the game have a particular stage tied to that character, right? That means bonus stages implemented into it, correct? And each character having a unique ending attached to why they are in the SF tournament.. the ones that are asking "how hard is it" or "why" don't get that.. because.. they are casual gamers. Usually a casual gamer is a take it or leave it kind of player, but I guess not in sfv's case.

They already have Bisons old stage, vegas old stage with the wall crawl and all. Rogs old stage.. it seems they only have a few loose ends to tie up, but it takes time because they are constantly adding new characters and building the mode at the same time, imo. Probably why it's taking so long for new characters to come out now.

That's what my money's on.

I would love a season 2 story mode if

1. They fix necalli's damn role.
2. Connect it even further to 3rd strike or overlap with 3rd strike.

Tizoc

No character leaks this time?

Priorities. I doubt that many people will come back just for arcade mode.
At least there is single player (which I would imagine it is extra battle, story mode and others)
It's more a principle of the thing; fighting games have had an arcade mode since...forever, so if you are making a fighting, regardless of roster size, you're gonna need to have it just because.

Mr Rivuz

Take Story mode, make matches 'Best Of Three', randomize the opponents, increase opponent difficulty slightly over 12 matches, change Menu text to read 'Arcade Mode', done.
I don't know, man.
It seems like it might take'em a solid couple of days to do all that work.

Just try playing against people. It's not going to hurt you to lose a few fights, get a little better each time, finally win one, feel pretty chuffed about it, then have really exciting, dynamic and varied fights from then on.

RM8

Just try playing against people. It's not going to hurt you to lose a few fights, get a little better each time, finally win one, feel pretty chuffed about it, then have really exciting, dynamic and varied fights from then on.
SFV is my most played game for two years now, I exclusively play online. This doesn't mean I don't want arcade mode! Sometimes I just feel like playing a Tower in Mortal Kombat X, or playing through arcade mode in KOFXIV. It's not a mode that's difficult to implement and it's basically the only fighting game without arcade mode, even within the series. I love SFV but there's no point in defending it's shortcomings.

Survival would scratch that itch if the difficulty wasn't brain-dead for 20 matches. Always in the same order, repeating stages until you beat ten characters. It's probably the least enjoyable survival mode ever made.

Top Bottom