• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SFV: New CFN Network, Ed, Balance Changes, Classic Vega Stage Coming + more May 30th

Scotia

Banned
4a405ac83d7fd6b021194a6dad484082.gif

The cage returns! As part of a bevy of new features and updates coming on May 30, Street Fighter V will receive a remastered Spain stage loaded with dancers, musicians and all the requisite flair we’ve enjoyed since its stylish debut in Street Fighter II. And Vega players… yes, you will be able to climb that bad boy. Pick up the Flamenco Tavern starting on May 30 for $3.99 / ¥400 / €3.99 or 70,000 Fight Money. Hit the jump for a full round up of what to expect May 30.

To kick things off, we’ll be offering up four Targets in June to celebrate the launch of the New CFN which will net you a cool 36,000 Fight Money! We’ll be releasing a new Target each month after that through November.

Keep in mind that each target only lasts for the month that it is active. For example, the Targets in June will expire on July 1st, the Targets starting in July will expire on August 1st and so forth.

Bonus 50,000 Fight Money for signing in between May 30th and June 13th

Additionally, May 30 is the day the New CFN rolls out to all online warriors. The New CFN is a massive update to the online SFV experience, [detailed in this earlier blog.] New balance changes, matchmaking improvements and loads of other benefits await – including a whopping 50,000 Fight Money bonus for signing in at any point from May 30 to June 13 PST!

Balance Changes for those that wanted it in the OP:

Balrog

Turn Punch

① Level 1 - 6 Motion: Added throw invincibility for frames 1-18F.

② Level 1 - 3 Motion: Changed to upper body and projectile invincibility from frames 3-18F.

③ Level 4 - 6 Motion: Changed to attack and projectile invincibility from frames 3-18F.

④ Level 7 - 10 (Final) Motion: Changed to complete invincibility from frames 1-18F

R.Mika

Passion Press

Hitbox was reduced

Dhalsim

Stand Heavy Punch

Changed the total frames from 44F ⇒ 42F

Back Throw

Reduced the distance from the opponent after hit.

More at Link.

Piccoro

OH DAMN! It was one of my favorite stages on SF2!!!!

And Vega can climb it? Wow!
Wonder if it will be tournament legal...

EDIT: Now with Las Vegas, Thailand and Spain all the "Kings" have their stages in SFV!
(minus Sagat)

VariantX

So those monthlies are for everyone and not just people who bought the CPT pack? Nice. I'm already sitting on nearly 600k FM, might as well spend some of it.

Edit: Plus 50k FM for just signing the hell in too?? Shit, if we can get double FM weekends every now and then...

Neoxon

Looks like an awesome update.

Also, the Thailand stage will return (now with its music fixed) in this update. And if I recall, the monthly FM challenges is the bonus for getting the CPT 2017 Premier Pack.

Awesome. Im glad they aren't focusing the stages on competitive play and just having fun with them. This will be added to the ban list. Also thanks for the free money Capcom!

Neoxon

So those monthlies are for everyone and not just people who bought the CPT pack? Nice. I'm already sitting on nearly 600k FM, might as well spend some of it.
Looking at the blog post, the monthlies look to still be for CPT 2017 Premier Pack owners.

JayEH

Those nostalgia costumes still MIA huh.

The fight money bonus is nice, I'll definitely get that new stage.

Wait, what's going on with TAP?

Turn Punch

① Level 1 - 6 Motion: Added throw invincibility for frames 1-18F.

② Level 1 - 3 Motion: Changed to upper body and projectile invincibility from frames 3-18F.

③ Level 4 - 6 Motion: Changed to attack and projectile invincibility from frames 3-18F.

④ Level 7 - 10 (Final) Motion: Changed to complete invincibility from frames 1-18F

I could be wrong, but I think these are buffs.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/harriso...monthly-targets-ed-and-an-all-new-spain-stage

Edit: ...or maybe not.

What actually changed, though? I'm pretty sure everything listed there is already applicable to the existing TAP, as explained here.

BigEmil

DLC's etc for everything from characters to stages to costumes in SFV is too damn expensive for each and the fight money you earn is a joke so little don't even bother with it especially if you suck. While Tekken 7 you can earn so much of that content easily from the game modes etc free, I regret buying SFV.. /rant

Hoping for second season pass to go on sale like the first one

DLC's etc for everything from characters to stages to costumes in SFV is too damn expensive for each and the fight money you earn is a joke so little don't even bother with it especially if you suck. While Tekken 7 you can earn so much of that content easily from the game modes etc free, I regret buying SFV.. /rant

Hoping for second season pass to go on sale like the first one

In the era of Lootboxes the prices don't seem crazy to me at least I can pick and choose what I want for the characters I actually play. The Fight Money is a huge plus too. Im glad no other version is on the horizon to have to buy too.

Neoxon

In the era of Lootboxes the prices don't seem crazy to me at least I can pick and choose what I want for the characters I actually play. The Fight Money is a huge plus too. Im glad no other version is on the horizon to have to buy too.
To be fair, they specifically said that you won't have to spend any money to remain competitive in terms of balancing & whatnot. So while it's entirely possible that we may get a new version, it'd probably be a glorified free update for anyone who already owns the game.

Neoxon

I already amassed a shit-ton of Fight Money over the last few months, so getting both Bison & Vega's SFII stages as well as Ed's Story Costume shouldn't be a problem for me.

To be fair, they specifically said that you won't have to spend any money to remain competitive in terms of balancing & whatnot. So while it's entirely possible that we may get a new version, it'd probably be a glorified free update for anyone who already owns the game.

Right I already own the game so Im glad there isn't another version I have to buy. The last fighting game I got burned with was Guilty Gear Xrd(PC) im glad Capcom isn't about mandatory versions anymore. Fighting games at this point have to be a service, promise future support or im not even buying them unless they are bargain bin prices.

Neoxon

Right I already own the game so Im glad there isn't another version I have to buy. The last fighting game I got burned with was Guilty Gear Xrd(PC) im glad Capcom isn't about mandatory versions anymore. Fighting games at this point have to be a service, promise future support or im not even buying them unless they bargain bin prices.
Exactly. I'm glad that I only have to spend (fight) money on characters & stages rather than having to pay for the balance updates.

Can't you block stages now?
For your own Random choice, yes.

Top Bottom