• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SFV: New CFN Network, Ed, Balance Changes, Classic Vega Stage Coming + more May 30th

border

Is this the first time you've actually been able to use the cage when playing Vega? I can't remember how it was handled in the original SF2 series.

Gxgear

$4 for a stage, 70k FM...that sounds like a lot for a casual scrub like me who hasn't touched the game since early S1.

I mean.. I played the character when she was okay, then I played the character when she was great and now I'll play the character when they're okay again lol

nah I didn't have a single solid match during the beta. Even playing lobbies with friends in my area during the beta was a lot worse than when I play against them in the regular version.

It was "pristine" for me as I said in the beta thread. I was thinking about making my first thread on this game and how to get a good room going.

This maybe common knowledge to some, but in this game it is very apparent that if you have streaming apps going in the background it'll fuck up your connection. It's really easy to miss or forget but if Netflix is open you're f****d, especially on the base game as is now. But on the beta we told everyone to check their stuff and we had NO problems whatsoever. Matches were fast, loading times were fast; it was all good. Don't write it off yet and hopefully it'll get better for you, Count.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
$4 for a stage, 70k FM...that sounds like a lot for a casual scrub like me who hasn't touched the game since early S1.
You could have been earning 5000FM in literally two minutes every week for the last several months. Too bad you were too casual to even launch the game.

vixlar

Is this the first time you've actually been able to use the cage when playing Vega? I can't remember how it was handled in the original SF2 series.

In Street Fighter 2 Champion Edition, and Turbo if I recall correctly, you grab on the cage instead of going to the wall.

In street fighter alpha 3 you can climb the cage in his stage doing the movement with three kicks and go to the wall if you use only one kick,

Rymuth

Bought Urien, Akuma, Kolin and Balrog with FM

Currently, sitting on 300k

And I consider myself super casual (watch my eyes go blank whenever people talk about +2 frame-whatever)

I *seriously* am utterly baffled by those complaining about the lack of FM. Capcom practically gift wraps you 6k-10k every week for doing 5 minutes work...

vg260

And I consider myself super casual (watch my eyes go blank whenever people talk about +2 frame-whatever)

I *seriously* am utterly baffled by those complaining about the lack of FM. Capcom practically gift wraps you 6k-10k every week for doing 5 minutes work...

It is extremely easy to burn through fight money, especially on colors.

fernoca

5k in my case. I suck at the online ones. :p

Though I focus Fight Money on stages and bought the season pass for the characters.

Got Akuma with FM though.

Currently have 50k.

Gren

That's cuz they want everything that be purchased with FM. Colors, story costumes, stages, etc. That's much harder unless you're willing to brave Survival mode :p

Raitaro

Yay, more stages and free FM!

Now, not to sound ungrateful Capcom, but could you do some throwback stages from Alpha and SFIII next please instead fo sticking to SFII exclusively? Sakura's backyard stage complete with child controlling the CPU fighter, Rose's Venice stage and the legendary grassy field stage from Alpha 2 would be nice, as would Ryu/Ken's two part Onsen one from SFIII New Generation or Urien's South-American temple stage and Alex/Ken's subway stage from 3rd Strike.

In terms of new stages, if you're still doing those Capcom, that once planned moving train stage would be very cool as well - those tend to be my favorites usually (just like in Garou with its multiple phases). Ed could also use one of the currently unused cinematic storymode Shadaloo stages like the one with the big AA guns to help give him a proper home.

I'm still waiting for the Extra Battle mode announced in February 2016 @_@

Glad to see I'm not the only one waiting for this elusive mode. Almost seems like Capcom themselves have forgotten about it :-(

I definitely would welcome it as an addtional source of single player FM, especially now that he new CPT dailies are all online focused (and as such unattainable for me as a scrub).

Neoxon

It is extremely easy to burn through fight money, especially on colors.
I can testify to this. The colors eventually add up.

Don't forget the 2,000-5,000 FM you get from watching streams like ELeague or CPT Premier Events.

Seik

Banned
I'll log in for that 50k!

Nice incentive to get me back to play it, will surely do a couple of ranked, didn't play since Akuma came out.

border

In Street Fighter 2 Champion Edition, and Turbo if I recall correctly, you grab on the cage instead of going to the wall.

In street fighter alpha 3 you can climb the cage in his stage doing the movement with three kicks and go to the wall if you use only one kick,

Is there a time limit to how long you can grab the cage? In the context of tournament play it'd be kinda hilarious to see a Vega player cling to the cage for the last 10-15 seconds and just wait out the clock with a higher life bar.

nded

Could you do it in the Alpha games? I can't remember.

Yes. My friend did it in Alpha 3 like two weeks ago.

Is there a time limit to how long you can grab the cage? In the context of tournament play it'd be kinda hilarious to see a Vega player cling to the cage for the last 10-15 seconds and just wait out the clock with a higher life bar.

In A3 the player has no control over Vega until he jumps off the cage. It's basically just a delayed Flying Barcelona from the middle of the screen.

yurinka

Awesome news, the stage looks cool and it's awesome to have new ways to earn FM.

Please Capcom, not announce the Arcade Mode at E3 and a surprise character (not a S3 ones) free for everyone. Regarding new classic stages, please release the SFII Sagat one once you release this character for SFV, and also a Ken one with a big boat.

border

In A3 the player has no control over Vega until he jumps off the cage. It's basically just a delayed Flying Barcelona from the middle of the screen.

Yeah, my recollection is that you couldn't control Vega's movement on the cage at all. Which means the cage stage actually would put Vega players at a disadvantage.

Kashiwaba

The money bonus is nice, but ever since Injustice 2 came out, I feel completely ripped off by Capcom's pricing model.

People still say this? When Capcom is the only one giving us the option to unlock all the noncosmetic and some cosmetic stuff for free while others charging real money for characters.

Blueblur1

Cross-posting from the SFV OT:

I saw a little while ago so it may have been posted. The Japanese CFN Portal post confirms that the balance updates from today were mistakenly left off the 2.0 changelog.

http://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/column/131755

We also added items that were not mentioned in the last adjustment list, and corrected incorrect information  . (R. Mika, Darushimu, Bison)  We are sorry.

So yeah, nothing to worry about.

vixlar

I remember it had a fixed time. Like 2 or 3 seconds. You do the move, Vega climbs the cage, wait a little and then he jumps. You can't control when it jumps. I think you can't even control the movement.

People still say this? When Capcom is the only one giving us the option to unlock all the noncosmetic and some cosmetic stuff for free while others charging real money for characters.

you need to understand why people still say this with context. Yes, the 'new' stuff is 'free' and can be earned via in-game currency but the 'base' package of SFV is an empty husk in terms of content...even without comparison with NRS fighting games. Just comparing base SFV with original Vanilla SF4 already make SFV looks bad. Comparing base SFV vs MKX/IJ2/GGXrd or even KI/KOF14 from a content POV will make SFV looks even worse.

This is the complain people are saying. Of course, those tournaments fiends and online ranked dudes will never understand.

Neoxon

you need to understand why people still say this with context. Yes, the 'new' stuff is 'free' and can be earned via in-game currency but the 'base' package of SFV is an empty husk in terms of content...even without comparison with NRS fighting games. Just comparing base SFV with original Vanilla SF4 already make SFV looks bad. Comparing base SFV vs MKX/IJ2/GGXrd or even KI/KOF14 from a content POV will make SFV looks even worse.

This is the complain people are saying. Of course, those tournaments fiends and online ranked dudes will never understand.
In terms of modes, yeah, I get it, but at least those are 100% free whenever we get new modes. As for SFV's base roster, its size is not unlike most Street Fighter games when they start out (yes, the arcade version of SFIV started with around 16 or so characters), especially when you factor in the completely-redone animations & models. Hell, even GGXrd started out with a similar roster count to SFV. Now if they did what Smash 4, MvCI, or Injustice 2 did & port assets from the the previous game, that'd be a different story.

kaydigi

Was survival mode ever patched to fight against the dlc characters? Or do you still fight against the same 9 people?

nah I didn't have a single solid match during the beta. Even playing lobbies with friends in my area during the beta was a lot worse than when I play against them in the regular version.
I mostly agree the netcode in the beta was a downgrade. I had some okay matches, but playing against friends was definitely worse on the whole than in the regular version and compared to randoms in ranked that's pretty easy to judge. I'm hoping maybe it was just extra beta stuff, like additional logging or something.

KingBroly

Banned
Easy & Medium shouldn't be that bad. Plus I also forgot to mention the weekly Missions.

Normal is still bad starting at Level 14-16. That's when they start reading inputs and become Auto-Combo Bots.

And watching CPT events for FM is still PS4 only.

Neoxon

The ELeague logo was added to the Ring of Destiny stage.

17vrs23carzy.jpg

JayEH

Normal is still bad starting at Level 14-16. That's when they start reading inputs and become Auto-Combo Bots.

And watching CPT events for FM is still PS4 only.

You can beat everything up until 25 just constantly jumping in and doing a simple combo that knocks down. After that you need to be a bit more careful but it's still about constant pressure on the CPU.

Teepo671

50k just for logging in? nice.
Not sure if I want to buy Ed's story mode costume or save up for one of the stages. The extra fight money from the CPT bundle is pretty nice too but as someone who regularly goes on 10 game losing streaks in my own battle lounges I don't see myself ever being able to complete most of them. ):

Raitaro

It's the same, no change.

Was survival mode ever patched to fight against the dlc characters? Or do you still fight against the same 9 people?

This, along with outdated character trials and the weekly missions that only make use of the initial lineup of stages are the main reasons why I don't always like the gradual update model SFV uses compared to SFIV's big (optionally disc-based) expansions / seasons that make it more likely that most players are on the same page again. I feel that bigger UI changes are also held back by this model.

IIRC only the CPU had that ability.

I'm kinda bummed that I paid $60 for SFV at launch only to see how barebones it was, and now I have to pay so much more for all this shit

This, along with outdated character trials and the weekly missions that only make use of the initial lineup of stages are the main reasons why I don't always like the gradual update model SFV uses compared to SFIV's big (optionally disc-based) expansions / seasons that make it more likely that most players are on the same page again. I feel that bigger UI changes are also held back by this model.
It's ok though, you can get DLC characters for free.

i don't think the SFV team got the budget to revamp the UI. I am NOT joking. The budget dedicated (to the development) seems so small at this point....i will reckon most of the money capcom spent on SFV are on the marketing for the tournaments.

i wouldn't expect any major fixes for anything in regards to SFV

Top Bottom