• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadow Complex Remastered (PC) appears on PEGI website.

Maddrical

Will definitely double dip for this, Shadow Complex is one of my favourite Xbox 360 games. I hope it's remade with UE4 but seems unlikely.

LewieP

Pretty cool news. It's a fairly derivative Metroidvania, but still a lot of fun.

Only XBLA games left that really need to be brought to modern platforms for me to be happy are Rez HD, Megaman 9/10 and Radiant Silvergun. Then a load of XBLIGs.

I think this and Geometry Wars 2 are the last two XBLA games to stay exclusive to that service. all of the other big games made it to PSN and PC.

let's get both of those onto other platforms. at least we got Geometry Wars 3. Shadow Complex is nowhere.

We did get a Geometry Wars 3... shame it wasn't very good. Lets hope Activision make Retro Evolved 2 BC.

What are the chances of this being locked down to windows 10?

I can't see why Epic would do that really (I'm assuming there is no partnership with MS on the remaster)

But is the game fully owned by Epic? Or was Microsoft a "partner" in some sense on the original game?

Epic owned both Gears and Shadow Complex, MS published it on XBLA but I don't think they have any ownership over it. MS and Epic are still on good terms but I can't see why MS are getting involved involved in it unless they wanted a native XB1 port too

LewieP

Epic owned both Gears and Shadow Complex, MS published it on XBLA but I don't think they have any ownership over it. MS and Epic are still on good terms but I can't see why MS are getting involved involved in it unless they wanted a native XB1 port too

I wouldn't be surprised if similarly to Super Meat Boy, they agreed to a 5 year exclusivity deal (without scope for a self published PC release like SMB had), which has now expired. I think there's a few examples of deals like that from MS around that time (Mass Effect comes to mind).

Corpekata

Banned
One of the few games where I was like "If I had money and time, I'd buy a 360 again for these 5 or so digital games that seem forever locked to the system."

to those who didn't play it on 360 it's a blast. I replayed it recently and unfortunately for me it didn't have much replayability as I don't know the upgrades and map design didn't do it for me a second time.

Hopefully this ushers a sequel though.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
This game is one of the reasons I kept my 360. I've replayed it so many times....

Haunted

I've always wanted to try this game, but I never got around to getting it on Xbox Live.

Is the game really that good?
It's by far the best Metroidvania on the 360 and a really good game.

Stiff competition came out earlier in the year, so I don't quite think it'll have the same impact it would've had a couple months earlier (though perhaps it was the success of Axiom Verge and Ori and the Blind Forest that finally convinced them to do the remaster), but it's still a good game you should look forward to playing if you're a fan of the genre.

Tizoc

Heard lots of good things about this game so looking forward to it.
Now if only we could get those X360 Snoopy games...

jwillenn

I need to break away from Smash 4 and Splatoon before SFV comes out so that I can knock out some more of the backlog. I never finished Shadow Complex, even though I was enjoying it a great deal.

Eolz

Oh god yes please.
Top 5 Metroidvanias! It was such a shame to see Chair going the on-rails mobile game route after this.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I must be the only one* who thought this was rather mediocre as far as Metroidvanias go and suspect it was only popular because it came out in a time where there was a drought of them (not so much anymore). Everything about it was just so... bland.

* I know I am not literally the only one on Earth, thanks

hope they touch up the character models and the weird, imprecise jumping.

I must be the only one* who thought this was rather mediocre as far as Metroidvanias go and suspect it was only popular because it came out in a time where there was a drought of them (not so much anymore). Everything about it was just so... bland.

* I know I am not literally the only one on Earth, thanks

people are allowed to like whatever they like, but, agreed.

I really hope this comes to PS4 as well. I don't see any reason why not, seeing as it's listed as an Epic game and MS probably won't have any involvement.

Although morally I don't know if I'd buy this because I think Orson Scott Card is a complete and utter waste of oxygen, so a bit divided on this.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
people are allowed to like whatever they like, but, agreed.
Well sure. But try to imagine, say, a KS of this game being presented today, after all the Metroidvanias we've had. I'm almost certain no one would give a shit. So I think timing does have something to do with the game's popularity.

Great game but I'm not sure if I want to double dip since I already have it Xbox one. Maybe I'll bite if it goes on sale in the future.

Eolz

I really hope this comes to PS4 as well. I don't see any reason why not, seeing as it's listed as an Epic game and MS probably won't have any involvement.

Although morally I don't know if I'd buy this because I think Orson Scott Card is a complete and utter waste of oxygen, so a bit divided on this.

MS could have funded it in the past or some similar deal. It's like when some Sony former exclusive comes to PC, it doesn't necessarily releases on Xbox as well.

Psyren

Wow. Took them long enough.

Really loved that game, and it was also my first legit plat'd game (Enchanted Arms was technically my first, but that doesn't count because playin it to the end = 1000pts).

I'm seriously looking forward to playing this again.

kAmui-

Man this is great news! I'd say Shadow Complex is in top 5 games ever to come out of xbla. Haven't played it since it came out so I'm definitely getting this one. The fear for me is that I might be over metroidvanias :/

Well sure. But try to imagine, say, a KS of this game being presented today, after all the Metroidvanias we've had. I'm almost certain no one would give a shit. So I think timing does have something to do with the game's popularity.
There's a lot of fans still waiting for Chair to announce the sequel instead of making Infinity Blade games so I would say the demand is still there. The metroidvania gameplay was great. Everything else was bland to me. That power suit you get later on though is the game's saving grace.

Top Bottom