• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadow Complex Remastered (PC) appears on PEGI website.

Randomizer

It's by far the best Metroidvania on the 360 and a really good game.

Stiff competition came out earlier in the year, so I don't quite think it'll have the same impact it would've had a couple months earlier (though perhaps it was the success of Axiom Verge and Ori and the Blind Forest that finally convinced them to do the remaster), but it's still a good game you should look forward to playing if you're a fan of the genre.

SOTN is on XBLA so that's impossible.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
They're making Spyjinx with JJ Abrams now, which I'm very curious to see what it actually ends up being, we have some light details but I want to see it in action.
Is that game coming to PC? A Google search would help but I'm in early morning coffee mode brother so help me out!

Is that game coming to PC? A Google search would help but I'm in early morning coffee mode brother so help me out!

In a new collaboration of artists from video games, television and film, video game creator ChAIR (Infinity Blade, Shadow Complex), director/producer J.J. Abrams (Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Mission Impossible, Lost ) and Bad Robot Interactive (Action Movie FX) present: SPYJINX. Powered by Unreal Engine 4, SPYJINX is a unique mix of action strategy gameplay, dynamic world building and RPG character development – all set in a thrilling, treacherous world of espionage. SPYJINX is expected for initial release on PC and mobile in 2016, and is now recruiting future closed beta players. Register today!

http://www.epicgames.com/spyjinx/

Red

Man, I'll probably get this largely because I wanted it for so long... Metroidvanias are so damn common now, good ones even, that I just kinda lost interest in going back to this.
Shadow Complex adheres more strictly to the Metroid part of Metroidvania than many of its peers. It's basically the answer to "what if Metroid was a dudebro shooter??"

KevinCow

Banned
Really? you've played all three?

Then you could also try Valdis Story, Guacamelee, Dust, Aquaria... though I get the feeling you'll say you still prefer Shadow Complex

I haven't played Valdis Story or Aquaria, but yes, I prefer Shadow Complex to Guacamelee and Dust.

Shadow Complex just hit the right notes for me in the gameplay department. Items were hidden well enough that you actually had to look for them (unlike Guacamelee), but not too obscurely (like Axiom Verge). Platforming and general navigation were extremely satisfying, especially once you had the triple jump and speed booster. Combat is a unique combination of a typical 2D shooter with some elements similar to cover shooters like Gears and even some environmental traps you can take advantage of.

I liked Shadow Complex enough to beat it a number of times, and it's still the only Xbox game I've gotten all the achievements in. Comparatively, I didn't like Dust, Ori, or La Mulana enough to beat them, I didn't bother doing 100% in Axiom Verge, and while I beat Guacamelee 100%, I felt no urge to return to it.

I wish Shadow Complex had better art design and music, but those are my only complaints with it.

murgo

Awesome news! I remember playing it over and over again until I finally 100%ed it. Can't wait to do it again on PC :)

Fudo Myo

I was also one of those people who was going to buy an old 360 specifically for this game. I was asking about it at GAME in the UK the other day -- 60 quid for a used Xbox just for one game (well, maybe some Halo, Gears of War, and Lost Odyssey, but mostly Shadow Complex).

So, now that this is coming to PC, is it still worth getting a 360? I'm a PC/PS3/Wii guy at present, soon to be PS4...someday.

Happy to see it come to PC, sad that I now am obligated to buy it again since Shadow Complex deserves it. Hoping they really add a bunch of shit to it so I can feel less sad about it, hah.

Oh. Well this was one of the games I was buying an XBO for (with backwards compatibility and all), but I guess this crosses that off the list! I might still buy an XBO, but it's good to know I'll be able to play this with the PC's flexibility.

Tain

I think this and Geometry Wars 2 are the last two XBLA games to stay exclusive to that service. all of the other big games made it to PSN and PC.

let's get both of those onto other platforms. at least we got Geometry Wars 3. Shadow Complex is nowhere.

idk why getting exclusives off XBLA is more important than PSN. I'd argue it's slightly less important due to XBO BC.

And even ignoring PSN there's still Guardian Heroes and Rez and Silvergun and Guwange, off the top of my head.

gappvembe

Quoting myself from another thread:
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1089192&page=1

I tweeted them and they at least acknowledged the idea of a sequel.

ZkqTHoS.png

gappvembe

Also, not sure how much remastering is being done (graphics or graphics+new content), hopefully it'll come to the XBO too. I'd double dip.

Percy

Banned
Thank Christ this is finally happening. I tried going back to it on 360 a few months back but the technical shortcomings have aged the game on there more than I would have expected.

Expecting great things from the remaster.

zbertz

Neo Member
Always wanted to play this, but zero interest in MS consoles, so really hoping this is true! ..and not some W10/MSstore exclusive or something.

Top Bottom