• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadow of Mordors true ending - Grinding or Lootboxes

TB also saying some reviewers glossed over things to avoid getting burned on future review copies is just pathetic.

Are you going to do more than just post the same thing over and over?

The reviews have brought up some real nasty points that are more worth addressing than TB's blowhard comment.

How do you do that?

This GamesRadar article that describes all the ways you can acquire legendary Orcs makes it seem like you have to kill yourself on purpose to level them up (outside of buying premium crates where they are guaranteed). You can dominate ones that randomly spawn too, but I didnt see anything about leveling them.

This should be added to the OP and TB tweets and Eurogamer comment should be removed because it is distracting from the real discussion.

Daffy Duck

I guess it’s a natural progression from Dead Rising 4 putting the ending in a season pass to now having to pay to loot box to short cut a 40+ hour grind.

This industry is just fucking gross for the most part, they literally know no shame .

WB has just outdone Capcom for what they did for getting the true ending to Asura's Wrath (where you had to buy ending DLC), now it's locked behind either hours of pointless grinding or lootboxes!

What the fuck is wrong with this publisher?

Edit: Not sauna. Thanks stranger for revealing this mistake to me!

Also on a side note Ubi did this in their Prince of Persia 2008 reboot

Artdayne

This is absolutely disgusting. I hope the game does terribly in sales if true. I won't be supporting them if so.

I will say EA/Bioware has very important plot related quests locked behind DLC in the Mass Effect series and also in Dragon Age Inquisition, though this feels worse.

It's amazing how a comment on the eurogamer review just became official word from the site. Good job, everyone.

It's almost like confirmation bias is a thing or something.

Seriously guys, without outside confirmation, a statement from an ultra-negative Eurogamer commenter a week before release about his/her "40-50 hour grind" means no more than any other opinion on the matter.

Gurish

Sounds like TB over exaggeration.

According to the quotes here he isn't, it's just that many reviewers probably didn't bother to 100% the game so they didn't put this info in their reviews but the ones that did are 100% confirming this. It's either a very long grind or lootboxes, your choice.

You level up orks primarily by sending them on missions like ambushes and assassinations, and having them fight in the pits. No idea where this "no legendary orks" misinformatiom came from, they literally covered this in a developer's stream last week.
Any links? Not finding anything concrete on leveling Orcs to legendary or epic short of 'strategic dying'.

Here's another article that basically says the same thing as GamesRadar:

Twinfinite: Middle-earth Shadow of War: How To Get Epic and Legendary Orcs

The Nemesis system ensures that any Orc soldier that manages to take you out in battle gets promoted to an Orc Captain. You can game this system to your advantage by purposefully throwing a battle with a specific Orc you want to encounter later in the game to Dominate and add to your control. This is where you get to be a little more selective about the Orcs you'll have under your command.

If you decide you'd like to have a specific Orc with a particular talent, simply challenge that Orc when you find him in battle and die when you two inevitably clash. It's important that you make sure you're being killed by the Orc you have in mind, however, because there are usually so many traveling in a pack at the same time. If this happens, just restart from a previous save.

This is the difficult part, but you're not done yet. You have to wait for the Orc to spawn as a new character. There's no guarantee you're going to get a special Orc that's Legendary or Epic, but it's worth a shot. This method doesn't cost anything but time either, although getting killed can be a frustrating endeavor, especially since you're doing it on purpose over and over. If you're looking to avoid spending money, this is a reliable method.

WB has just outdone Capcom for what they did for getting the true ending to Asuna (where you had to buy ending DLC), now it's locked behind either hours of pointless grinding or lootboxes!

What the fuck is wrong with this publisher?

Dont forget asura wrath true ending is DLC

Marcel

shameful how many reviews overlook this crap

If you think that's bad basically all of them overlook the laughable fanfiction that they didn't even attempt to improve for the sequel. When you have to apologize for story in LOTR then you're really in troubled waters.

Kinyou

Is the true ending similar to the true ending of Arkham knight? Getting that took quite some effort as well

Rowsdower

This should be added to the OP and TB tweets and Eurogamer comment should be removed because it is distracting from the real discussion.

It should not, because it is demonstrably false. Quoting myself from last page:

"You level up orks primarily by sending them on missions like ambushes and assassinations, and having them fight in the pits. No idea where this "no legendary orks" misinformatiom came from, they literally covered this in a developer's stream last week."

Seriously, guys, with this amd the 50hour grind thing, there is a ridiculous amount of misinformation beimg spread about this game right now.

Any links? Not finding anything concrete on leveling Orcs to legendary or epic short of 'strategic dying'.

Well, you get currency from pvp and daily challenges too.

To me it sounds like they expect you to log in once a day and do your dailies.

People grinding for 8 hours a day is crazy. What's the rush?

According to the quotes here he isn't, it's just that many reviewers probably didn't bother to 100% the game so they didn't put this info in their reviews but the ones that did are 100% confirming this. It's either a very long grind or lootboxes, your choice.

According to a random comment.

It should not, because it is demonstrably false. Quoting myself from last page:

"You level up orks primarily by sending them on missions like ambushes and assassinations, and having them fight in the pits. No idea where this "no legendary orks" misinformatiom came from, they literally covered this in a developer's stream last week."

Seriously, guys, with this amd the 50hour grind thing, there is a ridiculous amount of misinformation beimg spread about this game right now.
Got any links? I can't find anything that follows what you're saying about leveling Orcs to legendary or epic.

Well, you get currency from pvp and daily challenges too.
So those challenges provide gold? Because you need gold to buy legendary and epic orcs. Miriam doesnt fly.

Blobbers

From time to time I like to be reminded that WB are up there with EA and Ubi in terms of shitty anti-consumer practices

Gurish

Sill has a very high metacritic.

The gaming press is a joke.

Well, I think almost everyone agrees that the story sucks, even the most favorable reviews, so it's safe to say most didn't bother to 100% the game cause they didn't care about any "true ending" since the story sucks. I guess that from their perspective they had a blast for the majority of the game and you don't really need the lootboxes thing for that, they probably skipped the end game content once the game wrapped some of the stuff up after act 3.

40-50 HOURS OF GRIND? WTF

Seriously nobody can defend this shit.

Also cant believe so many reviewers just look over this bullshit.

Reviewers won't risk angering the publisher, and the people defending this need to gtfo out of gaming and stick to mobile games if they want this. Glad I'm skipping this game.

Top Bottom