• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadow Warrior 2 Trailer

derFeef

Not sure...

I did enjoy the first one. It's a very fun game and had some cool ideas *BUT* the level design was really pretty boring. It was Serious Sam-style arena battles over and over again with hallways in between.

Really really wanted some Doom/Build Engine style level design with a modern twist.

Exactly. So I hope this gets a bit more of that. Though coop could mean even more areana-like levels.

BigDes

You play a dude name wang who makes one liners the entire time about popculture and asian stereotypes. I get the feeling you may be approaching the game from an angle which it was never even intended to be approached by.

Nope don't think that's it.

COOP is great stuff! Hope they don't change the feel of the gunplay due to being made for consoles simultaneously, first game had such amazing shooting controls and no need for ADSing.

scitek

Not sure...

I did enjoy the first one. It's a very fun game and had some cool ideas *BUT* the level design was really pretty boring. It was Serious Sam-style arena battles over and over again with hallways in between.

Really really wanted some Doom/Build Engine style level design with a modern twist.

This is from ex-Painkiller devs, so it's no surprise why the original played like it did.

Denton

You play a dude name wang who makes one liners the entire time about popculture and asian stereotypes. I get the feeling you may be approaching the game from an angle which it was never even intended to be approached by.

Actually, Shadow Warrior had pretty awesome writing that was both touching and funny as hell.
I wonder how is this one going to work if played solo, I hope nothing will be lost from the awesomeness of the original.

Actually, Shadow Warrior had pretty awesome writing that was both touching and funny as hell.
I wonder how is this one going to work if played solo, I hope nothing will be lost from the awesomeness of the original.

You mean Hoji's story right? Or are you talking about the original? That is good, but wang being there is purely comic relief.
Nope don't think that's it.

I am not exactly sure then.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
This is from ex-Painkiller devs, so it's no surprise why the original played like it did.
I know, but People Can Fly also went on to do stuff like Bulletstorm. Bulletstorm is nothing like Doom either, but I felt the level design and scenarios were much more interesting than Shadow Warrior which was nothing more than an arena combat game.

Still, I'm willing to give it a shot. I liked Shadow Warrior A LOT more than Hard Reset (which I thought was one of the worst shooters of the past decade, really).

DJ_Lae

I'm excited for more, but I'm also curious (maybe even concerned) how the tone of the game will change without Hoji. He played a massive part in the plot and the humour.

It was a massive step up from the endless Wang jokes in the old Shadow Warrior.

Eggbok

ss_e800d900150e09e4cagxuay.jpg

Yeah, doom and doom 2 were totally ruined by having coop.

Saw this and thought Kenshi, Jax, Reptile and Sub Zero haha.
Looks great though, can't wait for this! Been playing the first one on PS4 and loving every bit of it.

Heartfyre

Delighted to hear this. I played Shadow Warrior based on a recommendation, as it hadn't caught my attention, and it wound up being my favourite FPS in the last five years. Definitely keeping a close eye on the sequel.

scitek

I know, but People Can Fly also went on to do stuff like Bulletstorm. Bulletstorm is nothing like Doom either, but I felt the level design and scenarios were much more interesting than Shadow Warrior which was nothing more than an arena combat game.

Still, I'm willing to give it a shot. I liked Shadow Warrior A LOT more than Hard Reset (which I thought was one of the worst shooters of the past decade, really).

I've always wondered how much influence being under Epic had on the development of Bulletstorm.

mnannola

Shadow Warrior was one of the best FPS's I have played in the past few years. Some awesome set pieces with tons of enemies. The gameplay suits co-op perfectly, should be amazing with some buddies.

The first one was awesome, I'm excited, but one thing has me worried.
Battle alongside allies online in four-player co-op or go it alone in spectacular procedurally-generated landscapes to complete daring missions and collect powerful new weapons, armor, and arcane relics of legend.

AH HELL YEAH! So now we have this, Wolfenstein and moterfucking DOOM. Bring back the Duke in a game that doesn't suck and gaming is forever saved.

MiguelItUp

Was not expecting a trailer of any form today, so exciting! I'm really looking forward to this. I was hoping for competitive multiplayer, but co-op is great too! To those not interested in "co-op shooters", I don't necessarily think this is being advertised as a 4-player shooter ala Left 4 Dead. That being said, I would assume 4-players is totally optional, and you can just do it on your own if you want.

jet1911

Weird. Trailer looks like UE4 gameplay and the screenshots looks like the same engine as the previous Shadow Warrior.

Arizato

I LOVED the first game, even though it dragged out a bit in the end I found the story (which started off as really silly) to be interesting!

Awesome! I hope you can play solo, but I should try coop with some people since I never really do.

" Come for the gun fight, stay for the sword fight."

misho8723

Banned
Around 70 weapons? and more close-combat style weapons like short swords and ninja weapons? fuck yes :)

And about the procedurally-generated landscapes - it (hopefully) means that sometimes the enviroments change midlevel and go to a demonworld like versions of the normal maps and thats the time when the procedurally-generated system kicks in

Top Bottom