• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadowloo Showdown 2013 | Fighting Game Tournament | October 12-13 (Aus)

Westlo

Watching, like on a computer? I thought you were a Aussie, shouldn't you be there man?

Nah too busy too attend, have to work sats this time of year. And like fuck me I didn't expect them to run SFIV pools @ 7:30 PM. If I had known that from the start I would've gone anyway, expected them to start like 4pm at the latest.

Oh well always next year and hopefully it's before evo like 11 and 12 were and ultra will be out by than too so I'll be more interested in playing.

AFAIK he retired.

You could say he called it.

Heavy will be back anyway for Ultra if he retired.

Lol apparently. My buddy is good friends with him and a few months ago Heavy Weapons said he was going to retire. Apparently he didn't haha.

C'mon man, does anybody really retire from the FGC(aka playing fighting video games?). They always come back or just attend less often then they use to like Banana Ken for example.

Top 8 hasn't been great too far. First 3 matches have been blow ups, hopefully Uryo and Tokido can provide a better match.

Mago just can not win this match up. Great win for Louffy but he has no shot to win this. I like his chances against Uryo and Snake Eyes, but he's not going to beat Gamerbee or Tokido.

kirblar

Is this who's currently q'd for Capcom cup? (Or did the Euro Qualifier finish already.)

Chris G (Sakura)
Xian (Gen)
Sakonoko (Ibuki/Evil Ryu)
Haitani (Makoto)

edit: Ah, Alioune won. Damnit, and we were so close to being Cammy-free.

Is this who's currently q'd for Capcom cup? (Or did the Euro Qualifier finish already.)

Chris G (Sakura)
Xian (Gen)
Sakonoko (Ibuki/Evil Ryu)
Haitani (Makoto)

Yeah, Alioune won that qualifier. Only two spots left are from the Asian qualifier where the top 2 of that one advances.

Plus the option select "Daigo cup" if Daigo doesn't get one of those two ;)

That would be pretty cool, but seriously it's not happening this time. Tokido is looking very good right now. If he makes it, that's 3 of the 5 Japanese Gods advancing. Hopefully Daigo will enter one of the Asia qualifier and advance from there so we can have a repeat of 4 of the 5 Gods in Top 8 again like it was at EVO.

Rose is like the female Dhalsim. She wins or goes even in so many match ups by out zoning her opponents and running away. Then she runs into the characters who says "fuck your zoning" and she gets bodied.

That would be pretty cool, but seriously it's not happening this time. Tokido is looking very good right now. If he makes it, that's 3 of the 5 Japanese Gods advancing. Hopefully Daigo will enter one of the Asia qualifier and advance from there so we can have a repeat of 4 of the 5 Gods in Top 8 again like it was at EVO.

Then Nuki appears as a mystery entrant wearing a mask...and at the end it turns out it was Mago all along.

Now that Shadowloo Showdown is done, 6 of the 8 players for SF4 have been decided now

Xian: EVO Champ
Sako: Won Treta
Chris G: Won TFC
Haitani: Won TGS qualifier
Alioune: Won UK qualifier
Tokido: Won SS2K13

The final two spots go to the Asian qualifier. But to get there, you first have to win one of the 3 qualifiers from Singapore, Taiwan, or South Korea. I'm sure Infiltration and Gamerbee will definitely be gunning for those spots. As for Daigo, I'm not sure if he'll care enough to try to win one of those last two spots. I hope he does, a Top 8 without Daigo just wouldn't quite feel complete. Especially after seeing his destruction of Infiltration and Xian in those FT10 sets.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Tokido was the heavy favorite to win. Seems like Xian has already been bitten by the people not falling for Gen's gimmicks anymore bug. I'm surprised Ranmasama did not win Marvel, it was his tournament to lose.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
MCZ did pretty good. :)

DM.MCZ Xian (Singapore)
1st - King of Fighters XIII
1st - Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3
7th - Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition Ver. 2012

MCZ Tokido (Japan)
1st - Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition Ver. 2012
2nd - King of Fighters XIII
4th - Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3
7th - TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2

MCZ Mago (Japan)
5th - Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition Ver. 2012
5th - King of Fighters XIII

WDM.MCZ Luffy (France)
4th - Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition Ver. 2012
3rd - King of Fighters XIII

DM.MCZ Gamble Boxer (Singapore)
5th - King of Fighters XIII
13th - Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition Ver. 2012

DM.MCZ Jackson (Singapore)
4th - King of Fighters XIII

DM.MCZ Gackt (Singapore)
13th - Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition Ver. 2012

Dahbomb

Good shit to Tokido, I was worried that he might be distraught for not winning in Marvel and KOF after getting close but he pulled through. It wouldn't have been a Canada Cup without him.

Top Bottom