• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadowloo Showdown 2013 | Fighting Game Tournament | October 12-13 (Aus)

TheChits

Jesus I love this team
KuGsj.gif

Haggar is my fucking nightmare. I almost want to just put the controller down when I fight him.

And watching him plink dash is one of the most terrifying things in the game.

Dahbomb

Tokido's ground movement is a lot better but damn is he dropping soap left and right. This could've been a 3-0 for him.

SmokeMaxX

Anyone know why Lunchtime Rush DHC into Thor Grab does so much damage when Thor does his specials? Is his minimum scaling just ridiculous or does that DHC actually reset the damage scaling?

Dahbomb

Love it.

Do continuous random shit until something works and then DESTROY
Nah man that was legitimate Tron pressure and frame trap under the Thor assist. Its only random because no one sees this stuff. He even went for that Tron plus She Hulk unblockable in there.

Anyone know why Lunchtime Rush DHC into Thor Grab does so much damage when Thor does his specials? Is his minimum scaling just ridiculous or does that DHC actually reset the damage scaling?
Yeah his special scaling is good but doing Mighty Spark and having it connect at the origin spark does a boat load of damage.

smurfx

get some go again
i don't think that projectile has any scaling. that is what i heard on a stream once anyways.

Nah man that was legitimate Tron pressure and frame trap under the Thor assist. Its only random because no one sees this stuff. He even went for that Tron plus She Hulk unblockable in there.

Cool. Yeah I have no idea about Tron, it just all looks so unsafe.

Chindogg

The grab resets the scaling. Its a modification of the old DHC trick in vanilla.

SmokeMaxX

Yeah his special scaling is good but doing Mighty Spark and having it connect at the origin spark does a boat load of damage.

i don't think that projectile has any scaling. that is what i heard on a stream once anyways.
Cool thanks guys.
The grab resets the scaling. Its a modification of the old DHC trick in vanilla.
You sure about that? I didn't think there was a way to reset damage scaling in UMvC3. I know that the grab has DHC Glitch like properties in terms of how it makes the opponent float (assuming you connect with it), but I didn't think it reset damage.

sephi22

Cool thanks guys.

You sure about that? I didn't think there was a way to reset damage scaling in UMvC3. I know that the grab has DHC Glitch like properties in terms of how it makes the opponent float (assuming you connect with it), but I didn't think it reset damage.
Its what the others have said.
Mighty Spark's does shit ton of damage right at the hammer.
He DHCs into a whiffed Mighty Grab so that he can do two mighty sparks.
2 mighty sparks = More damage than a mighty tornado + a lot of meter built

There's no damage scaling reset like vanilla Marvel

SmokeMaxX

Its what the others have said.
Mighty Spark's does shit ton of damage right at the hammer.
He DHCs into a whiffed Mighty Grab so that he can do two mighty sparks.
2 mighty sparks = More damage than a mighty tornado + a lot of meter built

There's no damage scaling reset like vanilla Marvel

Oh okay. That's what I figured. Thanks.
I'm very impressed by how well Abegen knows his team. It was fascinating to watch when he had Ranmasama scared with no x factor anchor She Hulk.

SmokeMaxX

Lol. Everyone's playing like ass right now. I still got Ranmasama taking the tournament but damn some heartbreaking drops right there.

Top Bottom