• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadowloo Showdown 2013 | Fighting Game Tournament | October 12-13 (Aus)

Where is Flying Wonkey in the TTT2 pools??? :(

Sorry, but I was too broke to enter. :( Venue + Entry fee was together $60 and I recently had to repair my back fence and garage roof due to wild winds the other week.

But, I did get to play and meet some other Tekken players in casuals. Got my shit pushed in by JDCR and some of the other higher level Sydney/Melbourne players and I got to beat up Neurosis and some of the other lower level local players so I still had a good time over there. :)

Marvel top 8:

Winners bracket
Ranmasama vs. FR|Abegen
DM|Xian vs. MCZ|Tokido

Losers bracket
RF vs. XAN|DJ Huoshen
SL|SolidStef vs. TRP|Baxter

For those waking, Clockw0rk lost to Tokido and Baxter (Magneto, Spencer, Doom).

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Was out all night and went to bed super-late, woke up without knowing the time schedule for Marvel and missed all of it. Damn it.

But I DID watch all of Uryo's match just now with Sakura vs. that Robsux Ibuki, and wow. What a comeback, and what a match period.

Dahbomb

Marvel top 8:

Winners bracket
Ranmasama vs. FR|Abegen
DM|Xian vs. MCZ|Tokido

Losers bracket
RF vs. XAN|DJ Huoshen
SL|SolidStef vs. TRP|Baxter

For those waking, Clockw0rk lost to Tokido and Baxter (Magneto, Spencer, Doom).
Who's RF?

Anyway those were the people I expected in top 8 only I expected Bubblan to make it top 8 instead of RF. Maybe he's good though. Pretty solid top 8.

Damn Thor, She Hulk, Tron, Joe, Rocket Raccoon, Felicia, Frank, Haggar, Strange in top 8. This is probably the most diverse Marvel top 8 since I guess the beginning of the game.

kick51

Banned
how late did shit run last night? pretty sure marvel still wasn't on at 2 or 3am central.

would love to catch these top 8s

in the final match of the day Mago vs Y, it was game point for both players, Y hit the home button, Mago could have taken the match by forfeit but chose to play on and won a very close one.

Only know about Marvel and some stuff about AE and Injustice when it comes to players. Minus some older games of course.

Don't know shit about most anime games.

RF is one of the top Japanese Sagat players. Maybe #2. He is amazing in general.

However from what I understand he is concentrating on marvel now so he should be one to watch.

Biggest shame was Solid Stef losing to Xian after having him on the ropes (just experience I suppose). He really has talent.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Snake eyes could have beaten Luffy if he didn't fall for those backdash tricks. Rose's backdash is so good.

casperOne

I keep doing a double take when I see the top three in Marvel. Is that really Xian in top eight? When did he start playing that game?

The archives aren't up so I can't go back and dig through.

Top Bottom