• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shady streamer 'DarkSydePhil' solicits $1K+ for receiving false copyright strikes

L Thammy

Yeah, most of his racism is directed at Asians from what I've seen. And it's not subtle stuff, he's full 1940's style racist when there's an Asian in a game. So he did a let's play for Sleeping Dogs. It is pretty fucked.

Some of this with Dynasty Warriors, too.

If I remember correctly, he sort of acknowledged it poorly with Sleeping Dogs, where he claimed that it's okay because the game is a parody and you're supposed to make fun of it. Not a good excuse.

But there's more, with the fact that he went to Twitch to make an "emergency" stream where he begged his fans for bits and cheers to support his upcoming vacation this Wednesday, and also made a Twitlonger about this.

I don't really have a problem if he explicitly asked for money to go on vacation, so there was no trickery. If he made it clear that people would be donating fun money and people chose to do so, to each their own.

If he broke the rules, he broke the rules. I don't know all the details but it seems like a lame rule only there so that Twitch gets their cut of anything a streamer makes.

Timu

The biggest downfall was he never went out of his way to improve himself and his tech. By the time 2010 hit most people had capture cards and were streaming direct capture of games. Phil didn't do that. He thought capture cards were not the "pure" way of recording a Let's Play. He fumbled his sponsorship with Machinima and because of his toxic attitude he can't get other sponsors or make healthy connections with anyone. The only way he can afford to buy games and keep up is buy trading them in and selling figures and statues. The simple fact is that he can't hang with today's Let's Play community.
He buys most of his games digitally funny enough. In fact some people donate him games and a Switch even.

He's near 100 deaths and hasn't gotten to the Mirror Knight yet...holy shit!

Not surprised he's getting invaded though, lol.
Wait wat. The threshold is that low? Unless I missed something, I'm well over 300 deaths and at
Drangleic Castle
lmao

Timu

Wait wat. The threshold is that low? Unless I missed something, I'm well over 300 deaths and at
Drangleic Castle
lmao
Damn dude that's crazy!
In my 1st run I had a total of 102 deaths, it helps that I was able to one shot half of the bosses.

Drangleic Castle
lmao

Phil has played Dark Souls II once before. He brute forces his way through everything though and never actually learn how a game is supposed to play, so I'm not surprised he's still lousy at the game. He's played every Souls game + Bloodborne and is still horrible at them.

Phil has played Dark Souls II once before. He brute forces his way through everything though and never actually learn how a game is supposed to play, so I'm not surprised he's still lousy at the game. He's played every Souls game + Bloodborne and is still horrible at them.

Still remember the moment when he ragequit Ludwig. Ahh good times

Last thing I remember him getting any kind of notoriety for was him just saying "nope fuck this I'm done" at the last boss of Persona 3 after his Patrons chose it to be the game he played through.

If he broke the rules, he broke the rules. I don't know all the details but it seems like a lame rule only there so that Twitch gets their cut of anything a streamer makes.

Twitch don't get a cut of bits/donations and he breaks Twitch's TOS every day, which is eligible for his channel to be shutdown as it violates them. No exceptions.

ISee

Twitch don't get a cut of bits/donations and he breaks Twitch's TOS every day, which is eligible for his channel to be shutdown as it violates them. No exceptions.

Just out of curiosity: How is he regularly breaking Twitch's TOS? That's a serious question. I've tuned into his stream in the past and he mostly behaved very unlikable (to phrase it that way) but I didn't notice him breaking the TOS.

Last thing I remember him getting any kind of notoriety for was him just saying "nope fuck this I'm done" at the last boss of Persona 3 after his Patrons chose it to be the game he played through.

The funny part is that even ATLUS mocked him for quiting the game.

oti

Banned
Is this behaviour allowed? Can a YouTuber streaming on Twitch solicit his fans for money through, what appears to be, false copyright strikes?

If the YouTube kiddos/fans are too stupid to see through this scheme, let them pay.
Google/Amazon should intervene, but will they? I doubt that.

Roufianos

Some of this with Dynasty Warriors, too.

If I remember correctly, he sort of acknowledged it poorly with Sleeping Dogs, where he claimed that it's okay because the game is a parody and you're supposed to make fun of it. Not a good excuse.

Have you seen him play MGS1? He won't even let Mei Ling speak without mocking her.

Top Bottom