• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shantae Half-Genie Hero dances onto the Switch today for $20

Small question why is wayforward not trying to sell the game at a higher price? I saw other publishers trying to sell a switch port 10 dollars higher, so that means that the switch port is not really more costly to make or involving a Nintendo tax.
Not being sarcastic, it's because they aren't stupid. It already backfired fairly hard for Rime, so no need to repeat the attempt at taxing the install base. Even if there was a legitimate developmental reason for the increased price, no one will understand it or accept it anyway.

zeioIIDX

Thanks for the heads up. Bought it a few moments ago thanks to this thread reminding me of the release. I had always seen Shantae since the GameBoy Color days but wrote it off as a "girls game" at the time (I know, I know...but hey, I was in junior high).

First played the series on the Wii U (Pirate's Curse) and holy shit was I utterly blown away by how incredibly fun and hilarious the game is. I'm forever an of Shantae and WayForward now and I've done everything I can to convince other people to give the series a try.

As someone who backed the game for the Wii U version and has yet to play it (stuck in RPG backlog hell), how recommended would it be to get the Switch version and play that instead? I've played all the previous games and enjoyed them.

zigg

The messaging is all over it seems.

XSEED is showing it at E3 with the Risky Boots DLC.

The company will also showcase a number of titles that star powerful, distinctive female protagonists, including SENRAN KAGURA Peach Beach Splash and Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, the upcoming Nintendo Switch™ edition of Shantae: Half-Genie Hero with its feature-rich Risky Boots DLC, and the upcoming Nintendo Switch edition of Fate/EXTELLA: The Umbral Star.

http://www.xseedgames.com/2017/06/0...rance-with-senran-kagura-producer-to-e3-2017/

EDIT: Sorry, looks like this is the same source that was quoted elsewhere in this thread.

Top Bottom