• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Share your healthy, tasty smoothie recipes

• Thread starter Deleted member 325805
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I just ordered myself a simple smoothie maker and I'm looking for some tasty ideas. I'm looking to get as much good stuff in me as possible while also tasting great. I've always struggled with my weight and what I eat and I figured smoothies could be a good way to get my 5 a day which I normally don't get. So far I've ordered flax seed, chia seeds, frozen fruits and berries, fresh bananas, coconut water and rice milk which should get me started hopefully. I plan to have one a day for breakfast instead of my usual toast.

DiddyBop

Banana
Frozen blueberries
Half an avacado
Papaya(or another fruit)
Handful of spinach(or Swiss chard, kale, etc)
Almond/cashew/coconut milk

Very balanced, delicious, filling, nutritious. Avacado makes it nice and creamy

Choolate Greens Superfood Powder + just plain ass milk on the days I don't have/am too lazy/not hungry enough for a big bowl of veggies.

llien

Hm, fruits AND veggies? Mm, perhaps I need to give it a try.

I'm so far on classic stuff: some berries + banana + perhaps more fruits + apple or orange juice.

Mix in some Chia, hemp and flax seeds in that bitch. It's going to make your bowel movements as smooth as smoothie. You don't taste them, but it's just a little bit extra for that extra woke.

Doodis

Every morning after exercising. Simple yet delicious:
Chocolate protein powder
Creatine
Milk
Peanut butter
Banana
Ice

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Berries
Banana
A scoop of oats
Dried fruit like raisins
Dried cocoanut
Nuts/peanut butter/or those seeds u brought
Water or milk
Protein powder if u need more protein

A filling simple one I do

Is oats,banana, peanut butt ,protein powder and water

You dont need protein powder, its just handy if you require more protein in your diet.

Bo-Locks

This is a recipe Joe Rogan posted a while back:

2eT6qIJ.png

I kinda use this is a base but make a lot of changes to it day by day so that it's always different. I make alterations so instead of the cucumber I might use some frozen berries, or instead of the celery I might use a banana, or instead of the kale I might use spinach. I generally always make sure that the shake is kale / spinach based.

I also use a quarter of the garlic which seems excessive, put in a good amount of milled flax / chia seeds, a dollop of greek yogurt and a teaspoon of MCT oil.

I make about 4 -5 shakes in one go from frozen ingredients, bottle them, put them back in the freezer, take one out and put it in the fridge the night before, let it thaw out and then have it nice and cold each morning.

Tetra-9

I like to throw some kale, spinach, chocolate protein, a banana and one scoop of peanut butter into a blender and have it all mix up into a fairly healthy long-lasting meal.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Mix in some Chia, hemp and flax seeds in that bitch. It's going to make your bowel movements as smooth as smoothie. You don't taste them, but it's just a little bit extra for that extra woke.

Yeah I ordered chia and flax. Currently my poo is like little boulders so I wouldn't mind them to get a little softer.

My plan is chia, flax, fresh banana, half rice milk, half coconut water and a handful of frozen berries. I guess it'll take some trial and error to get the correct ratios.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I just made one with

https://groceries.asda.com/product/...ummer-fruits-banana-smoothie-mix/910002339345

A scoop of oats
A scoop of plain protein powder
A dessert spoon of peanut butter
A dessert spoon of honey
About 100ml of water
20g raisins

It taste great

It may not be as healthy as other smoothies but I find if u go to extreme with dieting u wont enjoy it and will binge.

That's the same mix I bought from Sainsbury's, although I went for the tropical mix and the banana and strawberry mix. I'll probably try them all, though.

The blender won't arrive until Thursday so I'll have to hold off until then, but the plan is to cut out bread entirely, I've gone from 6 slices a day to 2, but once I get the smoothie maker I'll be down to 0. I lost 100lbs but gained back 30lbs due to severe depression, but I'm now on medication and feel like I can get it off again.

Demy

I have a simple one that I use for breakfast.
-spinach
-kale
-any other greens
-banana
-almond milk
-choco powder (I like Choco Mil)

Looks gross, tastes tasty.

Lucreto

I am boring,

Frozen fruit of the forest,
Banana
Low calorie yogurt

I have a massive sweet tooth and this gives me the sweetness I crave.

Catphish

1 scoop vanilla whey protein
1 cup almond milk
1 frozen banana
4-5 frozen strawberries

Drink this after a workout, and behold...

The Victory Shake!

Sosokrates

That's the same mix I bought from Sainsbury's, although I went for the tropical mix and the banana and strawberry mix. I'll probably try them all, though.

The blender won't arrive until Thursday so I'll have to hold off until then, but the plan is to cut out bread entirely, I've gone from 6 slices a day to 2, but once I get the smoothie maker I'll be down to 0. I lost 100lbs but gained back 30lbs due to severe depression, but I'm now on medication and feel like I can get it off again.

I stick to a calorie deficit and eat balanced meals, I buy the slower energy releasing carb sources such as oats,potatoes, brown rice etc
However its ok to have have fastser carbs, like white bread or chocolate a few times a week as long as I stick to my calorie goal.

protein powder is a scam, just throw eggs into your smoothie, you won't be able to taste them. I usually go fruit /milk/eggs with some greek yogurt.

Sosokrates

protein powder is a scam, just throw eggs into your smoothie, you won't be able to taste them. I usually go fruit /milk/eggs with some greek yogurt.

Its a supplement!

Its got no magical powers, but if you are not reaching your protein goals they are useful, quick and cheap.

Also eating raw eggs can give you food poisoning.

Top Bottom