• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shenmue 3. E3. Fund now or leave gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
If Sega waited and changed the Dreamcast to have a DVD drive, we'd be there.

That may have helped give it a tad bit more legs, but it was far from the main reason they exited the console business.

The GameCube did not have a DVD drive, and the Saturn was CD based just like the PlayStation.

All the naysayers can say what they want.

The rest of you, GET THE FUK ON THE HYPE TRAIN NOW!!!!

RtMYND2.jpg

Lol, I remember Adam Boyes letting me down last year with building the list (by revealing Dead Island 2) and Yu and Cerny too with the Post Mortem. I'm pretty sure nothing is going to happen and I'm not getting my hopes up.

All the naysayers can say what they want.

The rest of you, GET THE FUK ON THE HYPE TRAIN NOW!!!!

RtMYND2.jpg
Pls put me on.
Just waiting for the heads to explode on this one.

Shenmue in any form would be great. I'm thinking it'll be Nintendo on this one. Bayonetta revival wasn't solely a financial thing, could see them taking a chance on Shenmue for the hardcore crowd.
That sounds terrible, at least if it was Wii U based. Shenmue needs and deserves to be shown to a wide audience. Not a dead console.

That was then. This is now. People care about Yakuza in Japan more than Shenmue too. Pubs have to take into account the Japanese market too not just the west. Also take into account the ridiculous budget of the Shenmue games.

So what? I'd rather Sega stay in business than not or go mobile. Yakuza gets sequel after sequel because it makes money. Shenmue begs for funding from platform holders year after year because it doesnt and wouldnt.

Have you seen the state of the Japanese market any time recently? Because these two statements are utterly contradictory.

Also, if there's a exclusive to one platform Shenmue 1/2 HD Remaster, or 3, that will be the current gen system I buy. Haven't made the jump yet, but for that I would.

So what? I'd rather Sega stay in business than not or go mobile. Yakuza gets sequel after sequel because it makes money. Shenmue begs for funding from platform holders year after year because it doesnt and wouldnt.

It makes money only in Japan, but we had to wait years upon years for 5 to get localised before eventually begging Sony to make it happen. It's Sony taking the financial brunt with their Third Party Productions setup, not Sega, so who's to say we're not getting the same deal with a Shenmue HD Collection? Maybe someone out there is paying Sega in order to make this happen, in which case, what's the problem?

And to think I never beat Shenmue 2, even though I imported the DC version from Europe. My idiotic friend just threw it in a dumpster when he was moving. I should have never left it at his place. I still get angry thinking about it years later.

Is the Xbox version still dowloadable on 360?

Corto

A Shenmue Collection would Be really nice and a show stopper in and of itself. A Shenmue 3 reveal would be armageddon in the conference room where it would be announced and the Internet would never recover from such event.

A third chapter will never happen. That would be a bad investment. Shenmue has a nucleus of rabid fans, but the large public does not give two pennies about the game. It will get lost in the midst of Sleeping Dogs, Rockstar productions, Ubisoft open world games...
Now, a HD collection on the other hand...

Auctopus

It wasn't until I realised what trains do to threads that I realised why threads get locked due to them.

Also, Sony dropping a Shenmue announcement and TLG in one conference would be ridic.

NateDrake

Shenmue hasn't aged all that well. I'm not sure an HD Collection would do well in today's market unless it undergoes some major changes. Shenmue 3 ain't happening without an HD collection of some sort.

A third chapter will never happen. That would be a bad investment. Shenmue has a nucleus of rabid fans, but the large public does not give two pennies about the game. It will get lost in the midst of Sleeping Dogs, Rockstar productions, Ubisoft open world games...
Now, a HD collection on the other hand...
I still wonder though, could it be a possibly worthwhile investment if the HD collection were a hit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom