• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shenmue 3. E3. Fund now or leave gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xieldos

Every year I tell myself not to get excited about any sort of Shenmue update, yet here we are again and this thread is fanning those old flames again

Atlas157

1386046783190.gif

Omikaru

What does that mean though? Like, it's supposed to point to an Amazon sale page or something?

No, Amazon Web Services is for web hosting. As far as I understand, they tend to offer services for sites that receive a lot of traffic.

The assumption is that Sega are preparing for a Shenmue.com update.

Edit: Another thing. Someone pointed out to me that Gio "#BuildingTheList" Corsi from Third Party Production & Developer Relations at PlayStation -- who is only following ~180 people -- has just started following Yu Suzuki on Twitter.

I already told you to believe. WHY DOES NO ONE LISTEN TO ME I AM THE LEADER OF ALL THE HUDDLED MASSES

(⊙…⊙ )
(-’๏_๏’-)
ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
凸ಠ益ಠ)凸
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

KZObsessed

Go Corsi just followed him as well. My guess is the first two remastered for PS4.

I'll be honest though, I don't really know what type of game Shenmue is. Never even heard of it before joining GAF. :p

The only way the Shenmue IP still can work is a full reboot (think TR style). The first 2 haven't aged too well even for remasters and if they're serious about reviving the IP, they're not gonna release a modern sequel with updated game mechanics that picks up the story just where it left of 15 years ago and be like "here's a new game, but u have to get through these old ass games first".

From everything I've seen of the game that's the impression I get.

So if they do go for it then I don't think they should bother with remasters, but rather a remake or reboot or a sequel that makes a serious effort to get new people up to speed (like me).

this

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I'd buy a copy. I still remember ordering it from GameCave and Babbages printed off these Project Berkley descriptions and put them in a sleeve. It was the game to define the era.

Boke1879

No, Amazon Web Services is for web hosting. As far as I understand, they tend to offer services for sites that receive a lot of traffic.

Edit: Another thing. Someone pointed out to me that Gio "#BuildingTheList" Corsi from Third Party Production & Developer Relations at PlayStation -- who is only following ~180 people -- has just started following Yu Suzuki on Twitter.

H02Ma1J.gif

Shin

Banned
The fact is that the domain got updated after all these years and it's not a small update or it might have not shown up on the whosis list.
Funnier is that they changed name servers, why would they need AWS suddenly?

Crazy shit

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

No, no, no, no. I don't believe you. This is not happening. I will not be disappointed!

Mr. RPG

It really is happening...

I don't know what to say. :(

_Ryo_

What the people saying "Yu just saw a forklift and tweeted it because it reminded him of something/he thinks it is cool" are failing to realize is that forklifts are plentiful. Yu probably has seen countless of them in the time between when he started up his twitter account and now, and yet has not tweeted about one until he saw it at at a very specific location, related to gaming, and knows full well what it symolizes.

If he is at e3 tweeting about forklifts, knowing full well what would happen afterwards, there is an implication there. it is about context. With that said, there is still a possibility he knows what would happen but is trolling.

Clishem87

Neo Member
For arguments sake, let's say shenmue & TLG is announced. Fallout has had its announcement. Where is all the crazy hype going to come from in the coming years? Half Life? Reading all these crazy threads are what makes E3 so good in my opinion.

Chocolate & Vanilla

Fuck Strawberry

Nope, I still refuse to get hyped.

Zalman

For arguments sake, let's say shenmue & TLG is announced. Fallout has had its announcement. Where is all the crazy hype going to come from in the coming years? Half Life? Reading all these crazy threads are what makes E3 so good in my opinion.
People will find something.

kamakazi5

Fallout 4 has been expected for quite a while though. Shenmue and/or TLG would be two of the biggest surprise E3 announcements ever.

Edit: Lol, totally misread your post. Half Life 3 or FFVII remake would be the only others I could see up there with these.

tumblr_m24p94fUvU1r6aoq4o1_500.gif

FranXico

New games?

Hope it's a remaster so that people like me who never owned a Sega console nor the 1st XBOX can find out what all the fuss is about.

DavidDesu

Probably just a remaster of the first two.

Just.... JUST..?!

I would take that and be very very very happy indeed! (So long as they did do some improvement of the controls and make it more modern that way).

Argh! So we have Last Guardian stuff and Morpheus hitting hard more or less confirmed (not denied on TLG front) and now this. THIS! Fuck me gently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom