• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shigeru Miyamoto's Roundtable for E3 09

Azure J

Camineet needs to be unbanned and given the tag "Resurrected by The Triforce". :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

You can't script shit any better than this! :lol:lol:lol

bigcheese

Danthrax said:
7:05 p.m.: "There are people who think of Zelda more as an RPG with simpler controls, so trying to figure out how to make everybody happy is something that's going to concern me," says Miyamoto.

Maybe the next Zelda will actually BE a proper RPG? With a party and everything. How crazy would that be?
Crazy indeed, but it's not gonna happen.

mclem

IamMattFox said:
I hope super grown up Link sports a sweet beard.

Nah, better to go for Old Link; grey hair and an eyepatch. It's what all the cool kids are doing these days.

Rindain

Banned
Zelda must have been in some form of development since the end of 2006. I think Miyamoto is being humble / coy about how far along they are.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
donkeymonkey said:
But I am not impressed. Bring on the Pikmins plz.

Needs more Pikmin, Kid Icarus, Kirby, Mother 4, etc.. right? Who gives a crap about these pathetic Mario, Zelda and Metroid franchises!

mr.beers

7:10 p.m.: Q: Can you share your thoughts on the Wii Vitality sensor and how you might use it in your games?

A: "I think it's a very unique device and I've been interested in it for quite awhile." Interfaces interest Miyamoto.

Thanks for the through answer Miamoto.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
FUUUUUUUCK

icpys0.gif

Zilch

Banned
Little Green Yoda said:
7:03 p.m.: Shows new illustration for the next Zelda for Wii. Nothing to show yet, but it shows an adult link. More grown up than ever before

Boo for no more cel shading.

What part of that blurb mentions no cel-shading in the game?

Akai

viciouskillersquirrel said:
GOD DAMN IT IGN IS THIS ADULT LINK CELL SHADED OR ISN'T HE

Going by Twilight Princess' art, I doubt it'd really reveal just how the actual in-game art style is...

Blader

Aaron Strife said:
2010 seemed more likely

did anyone else's heart jump a little when they saw this :lol

How is 2010 more likely? I can't seem them announcing the new Zelda next year then releasing it six months later.

markatisu

It could be very far in development but they need to get out SMG2 and Metroid Other M first, everyone should know by now thats how Nintendo works.

Love the "depends on how M+ does" line, like it will fail if Zelda required it :lol

ZeoVGM

Banned
Camineet simply broke the media embargo too early, and was issues a cease and desist order from Nintendo. He then had to edit his original post, leading to his banning.

It's only fair to rectify this!

GDGF

Soothsayer
Saint Gregory said:
With Miyamoto you can never tell if this is a sick burn or not :/

:lol That was totally a burn. Miyamoto can be magnificant bastard when he wants.

Akai

Blader5489 said:
How is 2010 more likely? I can't seem them announcing the new Zelda next year then releasing it six months later.

They just announced a new 2D Mario and are releasing it not even 6 months later...

Kard8p3

EvilMario said:
It will fall in line with coming out Fall 2010, after Mario Galaxy 2 is released in the Spring. And it'll be the big title for next E3. Don't worry, we have plenty of titles to keep us happy (even you Wii only owners)

That would be crazy to get Galaxy 2, Metroid, and Zelda in the same year.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
viciouskillersquirrel said:
GOD DAMN IT IGN IS THIS ADULT LINK CELL SHADED OR ISN'T HE

They said it's a painting, so we won't know either way.

I do hope its cel shaded since Wii isn't too powerful on the hardware front.

shawnlreed

David H Wong said:
So... holidays 2011 for Zelda?

I think this is realistic.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 wll be holiday 2010.
E3 2010 will premiere the Zelda Wii trailer, and 2011 will see its release.

Marvie_3

Banned
Rindain said:
Zelda must have been in some form of development since the end of 2006. I think Miyamoto is being humble / coy about how far along they are.
Me too. There's no way they're just getting started on it.

ultim8p00

Banned
AzureJericho said:
Camineet needs to be unbanned and given the TAG "Resurrected by The Triforce". :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

YYou can't script shit any better than this! :lol:lol:lol

Seriously! Damn, such a hilariously perfect E3 moment.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
A: "I think it's a very unique device and I've been interested in it for quite awhile." Interfaces interest Miyamoto.

ORLY :lol

PC Gaijin

Search is disabled, so I can't find the thread (it's several years old). Basically, camineet has an obsession with the game Nectaris/Military Madness. He posted a thread about it, and I guess he wasn't getting enough conversation in it because he used several of his accounts to keep the thread going. :lol

Quick and handy guide to identifying camineet on the net:

Obsessed with Nectaris/Military Madness (also Herzog Zwei)
Likes to talk hardware, especially the 16-bit era and Saturn/DC transition
Tends to make usernames based on the above, like handygrafx, superpcenginefx, AM2spritescaler, megadrive1988, etc.

It's actually very easy to recognize him. :lol

GDGF

Soothsayer
I wonder if the 'some people who think Zelda should be a simple RPG' Miyamoto is refering to are RETRO...

PC Gaijin said:
Search is disabled, so I can't find the thread (it's several years old). Basically, camineet has an obsession with the game Nectaris/Military Madness. He posted a thread about it, and I guess he wasn't getting enough conversation in it because he used several of his accounts to keep the thread going. :lol

Quick and handy guide to identifying camineet on the net:

Obsessed with Nectaris/Military Madness (also Herzog Zwei)
Likes to talk hardware, especially the 16-bit era and Saturn/DC transition
Tends to make usernames based on the above, like handygrafx, superpcenginefx, AM2spritescaler, megadrive1988, etc.

It's actually very easy to recognize him. :lol
Camineet?

So, since we know that it's at least well into development, I'd say there's a good chance we either see it at the Japanese conference later this week or at their October event.

Top Bottom