• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shigeru Miyamoto's Roundtable for E3 09

stuminus3

"I'm not a big fan of using the carrots to motivate people to play. I want people to play because they enjoy playing and want to play more."
Ha ha. I like the cut of this man's jib.

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE ASK WHERE THE FUCK IS PIKMIN!

1-D_FTW

Miyamoto said:
"Not, maybe, in the overall sense that you're talking about," replies Miyamoto. It just fit Wii Sports Resort. "I'm not a big fan of using the carrots to motivate people to play. I want people to play because they enjoy playing and want to play more." (Sorry, Bozon.) "The stamps within Wii Sports Resort are more of an impetus to play in different ways and to try and do different things."

Great answer. I prefer the more insulting term of hamster pellets, but I approve of the message.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
'Wii is already being overpowered by what's happening on screen in New Super Mario Bros Wii. So no power left for online. '

wut

7:22 p.m.: Unfortunately, no online mode in New Super Mario Bros. Wii, by the way. Miyamoto just confirmed. Wii is already being overpowered by what's happening on screen in New Super Mario Bros Wii. So no power left for online.

Wii need more power!

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
It's Kotaku/IGN thinking they're being witty. Miyamoto probably only said they have no plans about online in NSMB, and they're joking about the game using all the duct tape juice.

Salmon

7:22 p.m.: Unfortunately, no online mode in New Super Mario Bros. Wii, by the way.

So why the hell would I buy this for? Every time I want to play it, I have to invite three friends over? :lol

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
No online for NSMB, as I thought.

No biggie for me, but probably a dealbreaker for many who don't have buddies that live nearby.

That's a really lame answer for no online though.

jrricky

Banned
Holy Order Sol said:
Doesn't Nintendo usually hold an event for Japanese retailers in October ?
Two or three years ago I remember a shitload of DS titles being unveiled out of the blue around that time.
Yes, they do it every year now to show there games off. Thats where Punch Out, Sin and Punishment, Mario and Luigi 3 and other games were announced.

Salmon said:
7:22 p.m.: Unfortunately, no online mode in New Super Mario Bros. Wii, by the way.

So why the hell would I buy this for? Every time I want to play it, I have to invite three friends over? :lol

You have no family? You can't play Singleplayer?

PC Gaijin said:
Search is disabled, so I can't find the thread (it's several years old). Basically, camineet has an obsession with the game Nectaris/Military Madness. He posted a thread about it, and I guess he wasn't getting enough conversation in it because he used several of his accounts to keep the thread going.

Quick and handy guide to identifying camineet on the net:

Obsessed with Nectaris/Military Madness (also Herzog Zwei)
Likes to talk hardware, especially the 16-bit era and Saturn/DC transition
Tends to make usernames based on the above, like handygrafx, superpcenginefx, AM2spritescaler, megadrive1988, etc.

It's actually very easy to recognize him.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=356183&page=2
Whoa, She/he bumped that thread like 9 times in a row

He is the one she made
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=360906

leroidys

Mashing said:
I made a comment in the Nintendo Conference thread that the archery mechanics would be perfect for a Zelda game.

There was DEFINITELY a hyrule castle in the background of the archery game. I thought it was a pretty sweet mini homage.

mr.beers

8:23 Miyamoto says that every project they do pushes the wiis limits. That's what they do.

Call BS again look at Animal Crossing.

7:25 p.m.: Q: How do you feel about Nintendo's E3 show last year and is this year's presence a response to that?

A: Last year, Miyamoto really didn't uphold his part of the instrument playing on stage, he jokes. "If I pick up an instrument, I tend to lose focus," he says. That's actually pretty funny.

What a stupid question.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Darunia said:
'Wii is already being overpowered by what's happening on screen in New Super Mario Bros Wii. So no power left for online. '

wut

Haha.. great stuff. I sure hope the levels they demonstrated were from the first world, and the screen will be swarming with action later. :lol

DreD

Darunia said:

wut

This is Matt being sarcastic me thinks.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Darunia said:
no, IGN reports the same statement
Yeah, I saw later they edited their post and edited mine accordingly.
I still think it was a joke from them, but you never know.

If Miyamoto really said that NSMB is using all of the Wii processing power I can't believe that not even one of the journalists threw a shoe at him.

santouras

no online in nsmb wii?

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU.gif

Marvie_3

Banned
There's no fucking way NSMB is overpowering the Wii. If the Gamecube can do Rogue Squadron II at launch, the Wii can fuckin handle NSMB w/ online.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
From Kotaku: New super mario brow wii can't support online because is using up all of the wiis processing power

WTF!! I saw that game on the conference's stream. It did NOT look that intensive unless Nintendo is super bad at coding on its own system.

FFS, get High Voltage to do your online code or something.

Mashing

Nintendo horrible programmers confirmed. No power for online for NSMB Wii? Ummm... yeah, what a horrible excuse.

Hobbun

KuwabaraTheMan said:
No. Dragon Quest X was a December event held by Square-Enix. The October Conference was DSi, Punch-Out, Tales of Graces, Sin & Punishment 2, Mario & Luigi 3, etc.

When is SE's conference?

What the fuck? So basically it's going to be $50 for a game I'll probably beat in three days with no online to extend the experience? Good job Nintendo.

Miyamoto said he wanted to unveil Zelda this E3, but they decided not to, possibly because it wasn't ready.

Matt is going to have to clarify by what he meant by "Older Link". That could mean anything - Link with a beard, TP Link a few years later, Link with a wife, kids and a mortgage, Battle-Hardened Fierce War Veteran Link, Horndog Going Through a Midlife Crisis Link or Crotchety Racist Old Man Link.

We just don't know!

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Oh, and Kotaku's liveblog is getting all kinds of shitty.
They're basically not reporting anything about questions and answers:

8:23
Miyamoto says that every project they do pushes the wiis limits. That's what they do.
8:22
New super mario brow wii can't support online because is using up all of the wiis processing power
8:21
On to another question
8:17
Oh he's hinting about the new save system again.
8:14
New devices will give birth to new creative things
8:12
It doesn't sound like miyamoto is totally buying into the idea of the vitality sensor

Kaijima said:
I wouldn't be surprised if while this new Zelda is "mature" in that it has older characters, it's going to have some universal element to make it appeal to more than just the Nintendo faithful or the hardcore gamers. Maybe it will be part of an evolution of the Wii branding, promoting Zelda as mature and grown-up in the sense of a widely popular adult fantasy film like The Lord of the Rings.

Fuck lord of the rings. If they go for more of that boar battle, slow motion cinematic, face off on a bridge shit I'll be so pissed off. Fuck Ocarina of Time as well. If Aonuma doesn't channel Link to the Past, Links Awakening, Oracles, Majora or something new, fun, whimsical and charming in his new game I'm going to tear it a new hole in every Zelda thread from its release onward and will probably end up permabanned.

ViperVisor said:
Link having breast cancer is the only development that could make me happier.
Or Zelda being pregnant in Spirit Tracks and you have to build train tracks to the hospital so her baby can be delivered.

Top Bottom