• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shimomura's new album memòria! features a new FFXV track (OMNIS LACRIMA)

Should I have played any of the games on the bottom?
I love Shimomura, but I've only ever gotten to the Kingdom Hearts series and also her work in Xenoblade.

Front Mission, Legend of Mana, and Parasite Eve are all classics worth playing. Live a Live seems like an awesome concept but the game was never released outside Japan unfortunately.

The Kingdom Hearts series actually has arguably some of her weaker music. You'd definitely do well to try to listen to some of her other works.

By the way, does anyone else hear a bit of Masashi Hamauzu in Vector to the Heavens and Theme of Aya?

wmlk

Wait, the SquarePortal article refers to a better version? Is there some sort of preview? I think it's gonna be the exact same as the one on E3 based on Shimomura's tweet.

Dark_castle

http://squareportal.net/2014/03/13/...nal-fantasy-xv-bonus-track-listen-to-preview/
https://twitter.com/midiplex/status/444094924422516736

YES! The E3 announcement trailer one was good, but the 2008 / 2011 / 2013 gameplay trailer music is probably my favorite Final Fantasy piece in many many years.

I think Shimomura made a boo boo? Omnis Lacrima sounds like it's the new one played in the E3 announcement trailer, based on this:

I think you can hear the words "OMNIS LACRIMA" around 2:58 in the announcement trailer. Have a listen -

http://youtu.be/mO92sHr4knM?t=2m57s

Or maybe the gameplay music is indeed Omnis Lacrima. I love that theme personally.

Famassu

Wait, the SquarePortal article refers to a better version? Is there some sort of preview? I think it's gonna be the exact same as the one on E3 based on Shimomura's tweet.
Probably just a better version as in audio quality will be better. It won't be horrible Youtube/Internet-stream/compressed trailer quality, but CD-quality bliss.

I think Shimomura made a boo boo? Omnis Lacrima sounds like it's the new one played in the E3 announcement trailer, based on this:

Or maybe the gameplay music is indeed Omnis Lacrima. I love that theme personally.

But she flat out said that it won't be the one that first appeared at E3 last year. I don't think she's a liar... For all we know, the gameplay trailer could also contain those words somewhere. The problem is, we have to use this fairly muffled version as a reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm53QKJhXQs

On Demand

Banned
That Paraste Eve soundtrack. My god. So much nostalgia it made my eyes watery.

Where do these people get this talent from? Sooooo good!

This song from Radiant Historia is too good.

I hope not everything is Latin, or else that would become pretentious to the point where it's untasteful. I really liked the E3 original music as well, so I'm kind of disappointed.

As far as FFXV is concerned, everything IS Latin(character names, locations like "Nihilsomno"). Though, I'm with you. The overuse of Latin makes lessen's it's coolness.

Though I'm pretty sure we'll get a great assortment of different styles. Not everything's going to be epic Latin chanting and opera-esque. We'll likely get some soft, beautiful tracks, and maybe even some of those quirky Shimomura styled songs too, like the forest song in Super Mario RPG, or even songs like these:

Kingdom Hearts- Monstro
Legend of Mana- Cliff Town Gato

Famassu

LOLZ, this music isn't even new. It was in the game's original CGI trailers, wasn't it.
No, that was Somnus. The song that is apparently going to be on this Shimomura collection was first heard in the 2011 trailer, which hasn't gotten a CD release like Somnus did on the previous Shimomura collection.

Besides... NONE of the songs on the collection are exactly new...

LOLZ, this music isn't even new. It was in the game's original CGI trailers, wasn't it.

Who cares? We've never heard a "clean" version. Its one of the best things Shimomura has ever composed, meaning that its inclusion on this album is welcome.

No, that was Somnus. The song that is apparently going to be on this Shimomura collection was first heard in the 2011 trailer, which hasn't gotten a CD release like Somnus did on the previous Shimomura collection.

Actually, it first appeared in the 2008 trailer.
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/8cozto/final-fantasy-xv-dks3713-trailer

jett

D-Member

All right, one of the older trailers still, and not a new track either. :p

Here are Yoko's liner notes for the song, as posted/shared by Exentryk on Twitter

FblA1fq.jpg

Here's my rough sight-translation. I'm only intermediate level so maybe someone better at J-go can provide more nuance.
As I expected, there must be a lot of people who requested this? (Laugh.) I'm including the PV track from Final Fantasy XV as a bonus track. As for this game, I can't talk about it much yet. But I'm making the music for this game, and I would be really happy if you continue to look forward to it. In my typical style (?) (Ed. note: question mark is hers, not mine), there are quite an abundant number of tracks where I use piano. I'm personally looking forward to the day where I can deliver not only the PV track, but all the music from the game.

The recording credits:
Bji00dXCEAI2rZq.jpg:large

shawnhi

Got excited thinking maybe we were getting a new trailer soon or something... reached page 2 on GAF and yep. it's still FF Versus XIII.

Cmagus

Its too bad that this isn't hitting the states... I'd have happily paid money for this.

I really wish they would. The FFXIV soundtracks are straight up JP import albums no reason why they couldn't release this.

Not yet. It's only available from SE Store, Sony music and Amazon.

Yeah I see that now. I have stuff in my Play Asia cart I was hoping it would be on there I guess I'll have to wait and see.

I was also going to ask where the cheapest place to order and ship to the US is, heh. I wanna get this and the Piano Opera FF VII/VIII/IX coming out.

The US Square Enix store stocks a selection of Japanese soundtracks, but they usually get them months later, and it's impossible to predict which ones. Worst of all, you have to deal with Digital River (puke) which I'm avoiding at all costs.

Top Bottom