• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei 4 announced for 3DS (Teaser site live)

cj_iwakura

One thing that's kind of a big deal in Japan is the Shin Megami Tensei logo. While I'm sure they know the Raidou and Persona games have tangential connections, only major titles get those symbols over there, as opposed to here where it's all advertised that way.

Also, SMT1&2 have the nostalgic impact that FFVI and CT do over here. So I expect this will make some serious waves.

Kenka

tears-pf-joy.jpg

GOD THANK YOU, YEAH !!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
So are "not going to play it now due to being on X platform" posts ever going to get the same treatment as "port begging" ones? Its yet more needless thread filler.

I don't even really get the complaint. If you're going to want to play JRPGs in the future, chances are pretty high you're going to need to pick up a 3DS, regardless of franchise.

Fou-Lu

I think 3DS may end up being my favorite handheld of all time. KI: U, OoT Remake, MK7, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2, Paper Mario, and now this? Plus any other number of interesting games.

Just wish my hands didn't cramp up so badly on the damn thing. I'm hoping the circle pad pro I just ordered will help with that.

Aeana

The region lock is starting to hurt me pretty badly, too. I feel like it'd be silly to buy another 3DS right now, though, since there is a possibility of a redesign or whatever, so I'm sitting on my hands for a while longer. Not like this will be out immediately, anyway.

I think 3DS may end up being my favorite handheld of all time. KI: U, OoT Remake, MK7, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2, Paper Mario, and now this? Plus any other number of interesting games.

Just wish my hands didn't cramp up so badly on the damn thing. I'm hoping the circle pad pro I just ordered will help with that.
The Mario Kart wheel grip is pretty good, I recommend it.

luca1980

Banned
3ds just need next kiseki title and ffxv and you can forget next gen.
Maybe persona 5 is for vita but I doubt it.

Stupid damn region lock

Pirabear

Banned
I was in the "wait for a revision" crowd for 3DS, but that's pretty much out the window. Soul Hackers, SMT4 and Purple 3DS call for me.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Atlus need to open a European branch. How that hasn't happened yet after all of these years still baffles me.

I was in the "wait for a revision" crowd for 3DS, but that's pretty much out the window. Soul Hackers, SMT4 and Purple 3DS call for me.

The safest thing you can do is wait the week for E3 and see what Nintendo have up its sleeve, though the only time they ever showed off a handheld revision at a press conference at E3 was for the Micro so who knows what will happen.

Pirabear

Banned
The safest thing you can do is wait the week for E3 and see what Nintendo have up its sleeve, though the only time they ever showed off a handheld revision at a press conference at E3 was for the Micro so who knows what will happen.

Well yeah, that's the plan for me right now. Will probably bite the bullet if E3 shows no sign of a redesign.

Eusis

You know, I wonder if the 3DS is serving as an example of how to block overly easy piracy really DOES help sales, at least for handhelds games. Though it could be just as much of a novelty factor, the DS was several years old I believe before sales became criminally low.

true Gek

And Persona 5 for PS Vita? Hope yes!

Well I have to buy a 3DS but only when they will reveal the restyle!

EDIT: Sh*t 3DS is region locked -_-' Here in Europe in 2014?

Jay Sosa

I really hope that doesn't mean we won't see a home console SMT this gen. Or ever again :C

Wonder what the chance of a PAL release is, given that we missed out on Strange Journey and Devil Survivor.

What? They aren't available as PAL? WTF?

So are "not going to play it now due to being on X platform" posts ever going to get the same treatment as "port begging" ones? Its yet more needless thread filler.
By that rationale, you could consider every "awesome" or "day one" post as needless filler too.
As one of the people who take issue with the 3DS being region locked and won't buy one until this is bypassed one way or another, I really don't see how it's out of place to express a measure of disappointment to this news given the current state of things.
I feel it's fine to do so because this is the initial thread. If I were to do this in every upcoming thread about the game, then you'd have a point.

Beth Cyra

By that rationale, you could consider every "awesome" or "day one" post as needless filler too.
As one of the people who take issue with the 3DS being region locked and won't buy one until this is bypassed one way or another, I really don't see how it's out of place to express a measure of disappointment to this news given the current state of things.
I feel it's fine to do so because this is the initial thread. If I were to do this in every upcoming thread about the game, then you'd have a point.

There are many people who have expressed that they do feel the Day 1 type posts are filler and would like to see them done away with.

While I agree the Region Lock sucks (I bought a JPN unit and hated doing it) the thing has been locked from the beginning and right now it looks like that could very well never change and having it be an excuse to dislike the platform has already stared to get a bit old.

I agree with the hate but 5 years of it is going to be very annoying.

Beth Cyra

I don't think the wait will be much longer. The DS Lite was released 14 months after the original DS. The 3DS has been out for 15 months. There are already R4 cards for the 3DS even though they're not perfect yet.

Do the R4 cards work on 3DS for anything 3DS? Last I heard it's still locked into the DS side and they haven't really cracked anything on the OS side of things.

If they have, well then maybe but if it's still locked to the DS part then it's not likely to happen anytime soon unless some hacker gets really lucky.

a new numbered SMT is good news, just not to happy for being on handheld.....
I am waiting for atlus console rpg (mainly hoping for SMT4 and P5)
now that SMT4 turned out a 3DS game, P5 may turnout to be a vita game, and atlus will probably never make any single HD RPG this gen(-_-)

Top Bottom