• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei 4 Exclusive Preorder DLCs

There are now multiple SMT4 preorder exclusive outfits. Even Whitney won't need to see the receipts when you're walking around Mikado in these threads.

Amazon: (US & Canada)
SMTIVDLCAmazonFront_thumb.jpg

Lmao that amazon outfit is awesome.

Despera

Banned
The game is fully voiced according to the latest e-mail.

Does this mean that all convos are voiced? Even with regular NPCs?

cj_iwakura

The earlier trailer didn't suggest it, but we'll see. I think SH had more substantial VA than Overclocked, as far as NPCs went.

Soriku

I'm so dumb. I didn't realize the cardboard color was because Amazon ships some stuff with cardboard boxes.

Soul Hackers has all story scenes and a lot of NPCs voiced. Some NPCs aren't voiced because apparently the JP version of the game only had one male and one female voice for a lot of them. But NPCs like shopkeepers, Victor (fusion dude), Mary (the girl with Victor), even some minor Phantom Society NPCs are voiced. If SMT IV doesn't have the "same voice actor for a lot of NPCs" problem I assume they'll be voiced.

At minimum, a lot of NPCs will be voiced even if all of them aren't.

cj_iwakura

I'm so dumb. I didn't realize the cardboard color was because Amazon ships some stuff with cardboard boxes.

Soul Hackers has all story scenes and a lot of NPCs voiced. Some NPCs aren't voiced because apparently the JP version of the game only had one male and one female voice for a lot of them. But NPCs like shopkeepers, Victor (fusion dude), Mary (the girl with Victor), even some minor Phantom Society NPCs are voiced. If SMT IV doesn't have the "same voice actor for a lot of NPCs" problem I assume they'll be voiced.

There's a lot more voice than I expected. Even random guys in dungeons had voice, just not all of them.

I think it's safe to assume that SMT4 will have voice acting for every character that has a closeup portrait.

Busaiku

Devil Summoner Soul Hackers was "fully voiced" too, but it's missing a bunch of voices for a bunch of stuff (the Japanese game is fully voiced though).
If you saw the trailer during Nintendo Direct, you'll notice there are segments even with main characters that aren't voiced.

Soriku

Devil Summoner Soul Hackers was "fully voiced" too, but it's missing a bunch of voices for a bunch of stuff (the Japanese game is fully voiced though).
If you saw the trailer during Nintendo Direct, you'll notice there are segments even with main characters that aren't voiced.

I'm thinking that stuff isn't voiced quite yet (or the footage was an older build) because that was a story scene shown and all story scenes in Soul Hackers are voiced so it'd be weird if SMT IV didn't follow through.

I just ordered the game from there. I really like it.

Nice. I preorderd from there once it was available but I'm so damn giddy that they actually went with the "cardboard box with a smile" because of how ridiculously awesome it is.

Glad that others see how silly yet awesome it is as well. GS Canada's is probably the most low-key, but Amazon's is very cool.

cj_iwakura

'A bunch' is a little exaggerated. All the story events are, and a lot of minor NPC dialogue in dungeons is. Even demon bosses have voice.

IIRC, according to Atlus wasn't the only thing left out the VAs for the people on the "overworld" map (since they were all the same voice in the Japanese version)?

Soriku

IIRC, according to Atlus wasn't the only thing left out the VAs for the people on the "overworld" map (since they were all the same voice in the Japanese version)?

Yes, plus most NPCs in Paradigm X and a few NPCs in a few dungeons. Though the NPCs in those areas are similar to the ones on the overworld. Also not every single shopkeeper line is voiced, but most are.

It really doesn't amount to that much though. As someone who loves voice acting, I'm very very pleased by the volume in SH and expect to be pleased by SMT IV as well.

Top Bottom