• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin'en announced FAST Racing Neo

neolhptg.jpg

Reflections clearly show buildings/trees.

Wonder if it's just a generic render background/reflection map or something really in-game. (which at least gives us an idea of track design)

oh boy we are down to this? looking for detail in a single shot?
why are they doing this to us?

Elija2

The website does mention "broadband access is required for online feature", which implies it's probably the Shin'en game with online leaderboards.

It had better not just be online leaderboards. This is the closest we'll ever get to online F-Zero.

I wish they would make a FAST game for the 3DS. I wonder how it would look.

L~A

They prob wanted to announce it themselves, then some website or a ND will show it off today or tomorrow

That's my guess, yeah. Now we need to know when that Nintendo Direct is going to be broadcast. I was quite surprised they announced this on their own, but then the lack of any media explained why.

It had better not just be online leaderboards. This is the closest we'll ever get to online F-Zero.

Well, it's the only "confirmed" detail we have about the game. IIRC, some people said Shin'en wanted the next FAST game to be online, so hopefully we're in luck.

Apenheul

I thought the original was quite slow to be honest, it was only moderately fast when you were using boost-power. Also, the transition between boost and normal speed felt odd but maybe that had to do more with the screenwarp effect, Depending on its feature-set I will probably give Fast Neo a chance through.

That's my guess, yeah. Now we need to know when that Nintendo Direct is going to be broadcast. I was quite surprised they announced this on their own, but then the lack of any media explained why.

Was thinking the same. Its so weird they showed nothing else from the game.

Davey Cakes

It's good that this game is coming out in order to satisfy a niche.

That said, why is it coming out? Was the first really successful?

Exile20

It's good that this game is coming out in order to satisfy a niche.

That said, why is it coming out? Was the first really successful?

Doesn't it take atleast the sequel game for most games to really breakout?

The developers are passionate about it.

There are no games in the future like it

People are asking for it

Davey Cakes

why do these need to be questions that need to be answered?
I'm just honestly curious. Futuristic racers doing well actually makes me happy. Shows that the genre can continue living on.

Even better that it's a passion project that the developer is willing to bring to the fans.

cool
I really liked the first on Wii. It was also incredibly nice to look at.
prettier than F-Zero GX

now gimme screens and trailer pls

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I'm just honestly curious. Futuristic racers doing well actually makes me happy. Shows that the genre can continue living on.

Even better that it's a passion project that the developer is willing to bring to the fans.

I see, well it must have done well enough for sni'nen to make a sequel to it, and its generally well recieved, with the only real faults being that it needed to be faster and needed online play

Coolwhip

Banned
The entitled gamer in me doesn't like a 'reveal' like this!

It's good to see a fantasy racer though, Forza and Driveclub threads put me to sleep.

Top Bottom