• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shitty games that your dumb ass paid full price for

Phediuk

We all have at least one game in our collection that makes us feel completely idiotic for having bought at full price. Let's name them.

I guess I'll start this thread off with a true stinker:

jFfmuoNCOApAF.jpg

Not only did I buy Duke Nukem Forever on day 1, but I got the Balls of Steel edition for $100, with the Duke Nukem bust and the artbook and everything.

I don't fucking know man. I guess I was still holding out hope that DNF would somehow be an awesome game, because how hilarious would that be?! Surely, I thought, this would be a legendary release even decades from now, no matter how good it was.

sigh.

vypek

Destiny
Assassin's Creed 3
Modnation Racers
Soul Calibur 5

Shitty to me. Personally didn't like them (at least not for full price).

Sendou

Skyward Sword

I mean I got the limited edition Wiimote so it's not all bad. Yet the actual game I found tiresome and riddled with control related problems. I should have waited.

This may or may not incite some defense posts, but:

MassEffect2_cover.PNG

I actually preordered it and paid for expedited shipping.

In my defense, I was expecting it to live up to Mass Effect. I was very, very wrong.

CHC

BRINK_(game_box_art).jpg

I still regret it.

Luckily I backed out at the last second on this one. Brink does have to set some kind of record for the most disappointing game at this point though. I know Destiny is more widespread, and Duke Nukem is worse, but in terms of expected quality to delivered quality - Brink wins.

Off the top of my head...

Deadly Premonition
Okami
Bayonetta
Duke Nukem Forever
Murasaki Baby

I wish I could turn back time and unbuy them all.

Flintty

That Conan MMO from Funcom. damn, I can't believe I was naive enough to drop £35. I was expecting another WoW. Sorely disappointed.

Floridian

Red Dead Redemption. Not that I'm calling it a shit game, but I got bored within one hour of playing it and had no desire to continue. I still to this day cannot get into it.

WWF Attitude on N64. $70 on launch day.

I was a big fan or pro wrestling when I was a kid, I watched WCW and WWF, but had a strong preference for WWF. I got WCW World Tour on N64 and loved it, so when my preferred wrestling franchise had the game coming out, I got it day one. WWF Attitude was terrible in comparison to WCW World Tour.

It taught me a valuable lesson, that the logos on the boot up screens were for the developers, and it's something to pay attention to and consider when purchasing future games.

Not only did I buy Duke Nukem Forever on day 1, but I got the Balls of Steel edition for $100, with the Duke Nukem bust and the artbook and everything.

I don't fucking know man. I guess I was still holding out hope that DNF would somehow be an awesome game, because how hilarious would that be?! Surely, I thought, this would be a legendary release even decades from now, no matter how good it was.

sigh.

I was gonna comfort you by saying we had a friend buy the Balls of Steel Edition and still laugh about it occasionally.... Um... Uh... Sorry.

Top Bottom