• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shitty games that your dumb ass paid full price for

Lords of the Fallen on PC.

Not saying it's shitty, but it ran like garbage on my machine. My machine IS outdated, but most modern games can run fine with some tweaking. LoF not so much- no matter how much I lowered things it still was unplayable.

Hope to get a new card in the next year though. If I do I'll get to enjoy the game.

This piece of shit right here:

Fahrenheit_pc_boxart.jpg

Awh. I really liked that game.

Glover_Nintendo_64_cover_art%2Cjpg.jpg

Not so much paid for as I was only 7, but I did a lot of chores to get the allowance to get it...

Ugh.

Most recent example I can think of is probably LA Noire, somehow despite not paying it much attention at all before release some of my friends managed to sway me that it was worth getting on launch, it was not, that hype train derailed for all of us pretty fast.
Though it kind of paid itself off in unintentional humour especially the ending which still makes me chuckle so really I'm not that fussed.

foxdvd

Not only did I buy Duke Nukem Forever on day 1, but I got the Balls of Steel edition for $100, with the Duke Nukem bust and the artbook and everything.

I almost did the same thing. I got the Ball's of steel edition on preorder before it sold out, and I would have kept it if not for the fact they got greedy and made a crap load more of these "limited" edition sets...Once I saw they were not limited, I canceled my preorder...which ended up a good move.

My recent choice would be the Destiny collectors edition (or limited forget the name)....Not that I did not get some fun out of Destiny, but I have not even touched the dlc that I already payed for and I probably never will.

Ken

Can somebody answer me why Brink receives so much flack? Besides the shitty netcode and the level cap, it was truly a fun game in my eyes. It was way ahead of it's time.

Well, shipping a primarily multiplayer game with broken online is a fast way to kill it. I do agree it had some good ideas though, and I had fun with it when it worked.

To be fair it came out during the PSN outage. So that could have been one of the reasons.

It died equally fast on Xbox.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Call of Duty 3 on the Wii. It was so fucking bad. Framerate was all over the place, the game would frequently just drop the controls so you couldn't do shit and the fucking waggle QTEs were trash.

Worst gaming decision of my life.

Cavalier

Banned
6a97eca659b524fa07ff903487b48abd.jpg

The fuck was I thinking.

We got a winner. This game was suppose to be the second coming.
A lot of hype for that one. I remember reading about how the fluid maneuver is going to revolutionize FPS gaming. Not to mention the object based game modes that'll make teams work together.

What a crock of shit that was.

DevilFox

I know what I buy 99% of the time but with Crysis 2 I really did a huge mistake, what a mess. That's the most recent, going back I'd say.. MGS Portable Ops, probably.

RP912

Banned
Haze.

I've got the GTA4 Collector's Edition too (the one that came with the bag and everything). I also pre-ordered at Amazon so I got the license plate. I never opened anything in the CE except from the game so I wonder if it's worth anything.

lol I tried to sell my security locker on ebay and some dude wanted to buy it off me for 2 dollars. I just changed my mind and put some pc stuff in it like cords and etc.

Steeven

Dayz

After more than a year, still not better than the original mod. Future directions are vague, I have lost hope and feel scammed.

Dark Souls 2

Simply did not deliver, was not as fun as DS1.

These remind me to wait for the daily deals.

The Goat

Titanfall is the last game I paid full price for, and quickly bailed out of. Not that the game was that shitty, it just didn't hold me.

What the hell am I reading? This is one confusing thread

Seems like people don't know the difference between mediocre (where most of these games aren't anyway) and shitty.

I've bought games I didn't like, but I honestly don't remember the last time I bought a game that was complete shit.

Xenosaga 2 was probably the most recent and it's a bad game. But it does have some redeeming qualities. And I only paid about 30-40 for it so not really full price either.

The people who bought these games, ended up not liking them and/or were disappointed in them. What part do you not understand?

Of course I've played shittier games than Xenoblade. But the OT is about shitty games you bought at full price.

The thread premise is a "shitty" as in "poor in quality" games, not games you were personally disappointed by and payed full price for. I mean you have something like Sonic Boom, boring and literally unpolished and buggy, and then people putting Skyward Sword next to it. I mean really? I get if SS isn't your thing, but calling it a low quality title is justified?

mp1990

Banned
Watch Dogs,and i don't payed $60,i payed fucking $90,because of the taxes of my country. I never felt so furious with a game,couldn't believe i gave money for that.

I was barely interested in it, but I had a friend gift me Bioshock Infinite a week after release, claiming it was one of the best games he'd ever played. He paid $59.99.

I thought the game was a complete waste of my time.

rise-of-the-robots-europe.png

What a total let-down this game was.

Jaw-droppingly lame in all categories.

My car actually broke down on the way to the mall to get it and I had to ride back home in the tow truck cab toting this piece of shit.

The tow fee was $235 [I broke down an hour and 20 minutes from home] and then I played the game.

Bad day all around. The game is so bad that the car break-down and tow fee were not even the worst part of my day - it was this game!

Saganator

I was another sucker who got Destiny Digital Guardian Edition. Also pre-ordered and paid full price for Hellgate London and Age of Conan.

RP912

Banned
Well, shipping a primarily multiplayer game with broken online is a fast way to kill it. I do agree it had some good ideas though, and I had fun with it when it worked.

It died equally fast on Xbox.

True. If they could have fixed the multiplayer portion of the game and constantly added stuff to it through patches. It would have been glorious. I think if a different developer like Valve or Respawn would have done the game...we would have a Brink 2 by now. It just sucks that folks constantly shit on the game but fail to see the innovations that came with the game.

Baalzebup

Dragon Age 2 (Never again, Bioware. Never again). Here, part of the blame was on me since I got really bad vibes from the demo and just forgot to cancel my pre-order before it was too late.

Duke Nukem Forever

Destiny Digital Guardian Edition ( I only regret the digital and the season pass stuff, I played for a good while and liked what I played. I just burned out and have little interest to play more). Should have bought physical and sold it after I got bored with it.

Space Siege ... This is my greatest personal disappointment, since I loved the two Dungeon Siege games for what they were and Space siege was a total turd.

ZeroX03

Banned
The people who bought these games, ended up not liking them and/or were disappointed in them. What part do you not understand?

Of course I've played shittier games than Xenoblade. But the OT is about shitty games you bought at full price.

Not liking a game doesn't make it shitty. It's cool not to like a certain game but people really think RDR is a stinker on par with Duke Nukem Forever?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
The thread premise is a "shitty" as in "poor in quality" games, not games you were personally disappointed by and payed full price for. I mean have something like Sonic Boom, boring and literally broken, and then people putting Skyward Sword next to it. I mean really? I get if SS isn't your thing, but calling it a low quality title is justified?
I can't comment on SS, but I find XB to be legitimately bad. But yeah I mean it's GAF, you're gonna find hyperbole for sure.

pashmilla

Banned
Final Fantasy XIII-2 limited edition, with the steelbook case, soundtrack selection and a bunch of lame collector's cards. Worst part is I didn't even pay for it, my dad did. I still feel guilty.

Edit: and Dear Esther. It was £6.99 but I still felt ripped off.

I've always taken pride in the fact that I know what I'm going to like and not buying something I won't like. I made two missteps.

51TCNWDKB3L._SY300_.jpg

And...

51TH9DBE98L.jpg

I know lots of people loved Ninja Gaiden. Not me, man. Not me.

unsightly

Diablo 3
Destiny
FF13
Starhawk (not shitty just terribly upsetting that it died within months, fuck you MLG. Who makes a 1DM tournament in a team base-building game???)

Top Bottom