• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shitty games that your dumb ass paid full price for

Yep, that's the one. I played it enough to FC the first 3 (?) setlists and then never played it again and switched over to Rock Band. I never touched the portable entries of either series after that.

I wanted to love it so bad. My fingers were just too big to use it. Maybe if I was a child it would have been awesome.

ryseing

Try to beat me on this one.

Still a funny game IMO, I played multiplayer a lot

I bought this and Resistance day one. I was desperate for a good portable FPS.

Thief. What I really regret is that there is a good game somewhere in the reboot. It's just buried by poor design decisions. What could have been...

kogasu

EadEp5i.jpg

ugh...

The only game I straight up didn't finish and just returned.

I have to learn to not blindly buy things with "Resident Evil" in the title. I knew I was going to hate it. I just knew it.

Since I buy almost everything day 1 when I do get burned it does tend to be at full price, but with the quantity I buy it never seems to hit too much in proportion

CE Image for emphasis
I almost feel bad putting this here because I know its a good game , but first person dungeon crawlers never clicked with me, and putting a persona skin on it didnt have the effect I had hoped

But none of these compare to the one true game I regret putting time and money into (didnt actually pay for the game day 1 since it was given to me, but the subs...)

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
Sacred 2 on Xbox 360.

That series gets WAY too much credit for having really big (read: empty) worlds and the WORST console controls of any Diablo-like game I've ever played.

Just horrible horrible controls. Hated it.

And I've played and loved almost every other console Diablo-like they've made.

SF-X-Tekken_box_art.jpg

This game. Somehow my friend convinced me it would be the biggest fighting discipline in FGC only leaving me to realise that nobody cared for this at all =/

Pokemon Y digital. I got bored immediately and wished I could have traded it in. Never again with a digital game unless I'm 100% sure I'll love it forever or it's really cheap.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Diablo 3 (Haven't played the addon because Blizzard has really soured me with their approach to their games and I don't want to give them money anymore.)

That game was an absolute mess at launch,
Endgame was broken, loot the most important things about this game was broken, login servers were broken, auction house was broken etc etc

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I paid full fucking price for LEGENDARY on 360 day one. Yeah, i was a dumbass, and they told me no returns at the register. I guess i deserved it.

Knack and Killzone SF

granted they are launch games though so i just wanted something to try on my shiny new ps4. Not horrible games, but these are games i'd usually pay 35 dollars at most for.

FF XIV 1.0. Seriously the worst game I have ever played. Once the amazement over the awesome visuals wore off I was left with an unplayable mess of a game. And I freakin loved XI so it hurt quite a bit.

Elginer

Brutal Legend
Fantastic Four PSOne. I was young and foolish.
Most recent being
Assassin's Creed Unity
Which many people fell for.

Menome

ugh...

The only game I straight up didn't finish and just returned.

I have to learn to not blindly buy things with "Resident Evil" in the title. I knew I was going to hate it. I just knew it.

Myself and three friends pre-ordered this and played through the whole campaign...in about four hours. It might have been passable had it lasted three times that.

On the plus side, it made us all a lot more wary about pre-ordering and stopped us from blindly buying Aliens: Colonial Marines.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Most recently: Lords of the Fallen

fuck me what a soulless (ha!) piece of trash. Tried to ape Souls but actually looked no further than mechanics at what makes Souls good. And there's so much more to them than just mechanics.

CloudWolf

Hitman Absolution

I knew it would be bad, and still I bought it on the small hope that maybe it would turn out okay. It didn't and till this day is the only purchase I really regret.

Blur

Banned
- Destiny
- MCC (I would put this as a 30% dislike, as I rarely play competitive shooters anymore, but the campaigns worked flawlessly for me)
- Aliens Colonial Marines
- Assassins Creed 3

FLEABttn

Banned
Luckily I backed out at the last second on this one. Brink does have to set some kind of record for the most disappointing game at this point though. I know Destiny is more widespread, and Duke Nukem is worse, but in terms of expected quality to delivered quality - Brink wins.

Naw, DNF still functioned as a game. Brink was a multi-player game where you literally had problems playing with people. I tried to play that game online for weeks and could never get into a match with more than 3 other humans. DNF is a better game by default for that.

Brink is my number one biggest regret. Destiny is probably my second.

SentryDown

This isn't so bad. I got it for $10 and i have fun with it occassionally. I like that it's based on the black ops 1 assets and guns.

Got it for 50€, and I had fun too, but not like 50€-fun.

I bought this and Resistance day one. I was desperate for a good portable FPS.

Same here, I even pre-ordered Resistance. Now I have a shitty shirt I don't even want to wear. It was even worse than COD.

Namikaze

1. Drakengard 3. It's only $19 now, I could have waited but I thought it would be a small print or something. Whatever
2. Driveclub, it was broken for the first month, network stability still isn't 100% yet
3. Destiny, roo much repeated content.

ryseing

Got it for 50€, and I had fun too, but not like 50€-fun.

Same here, I even pre-ordered Resistance. Now I have a shitty shirt I don't even want to wear. It was even worse than COD.

What really sucks is that Burning Skies could have been good. It was just plagued by dev issues. None of the levels they showed pre launch (turret sequence and lab I think) made it into the final game.

Rogue Galaxy

I was so excited for this game, and to this day I still can't forget how disappointing it was.Terrible gameplay and story.

Assassin's Creed III -- Not fun, buggy, poorly designed, horrible story. Killed any enthusiasm I had left for the series.

Dead Space 3 -- Apathy in video game form. Killed the series (probably).

Top Bottom