• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shitty games that your dumb ass paid full price for

Almighty

Oblivion and Elemental: War of Magic. There are a few more, but I am too lazy to look in the box to get their names.

Chariot

I was massively underwhelmed by Civ: Beyond Earth and Bioshock Infinite. I know that Infinite is fun, but it's not what was promised to me.

adj_noun

7eRo9XS.jpg

I thought it would be good.

I really did.

daveo42

Banned
FFXIV 1.0

The only good thing that came out of that was getting some special items in ARR and it forced me to build a new PC. The sad bits was I paid for the CE even after one of my friends offered me his copy because he didn't like the game.

Moofers

I'd never call them shitty, but I was really disappointed in myself for buying both GTA V and Bioshock Infinite on day one. GTA V was more of the same shit its been for years with little improvement, and Bioshock had a great first couple of hours before turning into a very poor substitute for the two BS games that proceeded it.

2015 is my year of "no more Day One" with just 3 exceptions: Zelda, Mortal Kombat, and Bloodborne.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Xenoblade Chronicles

I guess I didn't technically paid full price, since I spent a $40 Amazon gift certificate I got for my birthday on it, for a game that cost about $62 with shipping, but I did buy it full price (its actual price skyrocketed not long after that, though, funnily enough).
Anyway, what a horribly disappointing game. Don't think I'll ever finish it, it's way too boring.

Cavalier

Banned
We all have at least one game in our collection that makes us feel completely idiotic for having bought at full price. Let's name them.

I guess I'll start this thread off with a true stinker:

Not only did I buy Duke Nukem Forever on day 1, but I got the Balls of Steel edition for $100, with the Duke Nukem bust and the artbook and everything.

I don't fucking know man. I guess I was still holding out hope that DNF would somehow be an awesome game, because how hilarious would that be?! Surely, I thought, this would be a legendary release even decades from now, no matter how good it was.

sigh.

I actually enjoyed that game. Most fun I had playing a SP game since RE4.

For me I would have to say SW:KOTOR. I bought HD6950 and upgraded my ram in preparation for this game. Stopped playing after a few days. I haven't touched it since.

14526346839_c9914023a1.jpg

My buddy and I thought we were in for another quality comedy-ridden train wreck the likes of Sonic 06. How wrong we were. Nearly falling apart at the seems, this game commits the greatest sin: being utterly boring. So boring it made us reflect fondly on Sonic 06. Think about that.

Donkey Cong Returns 3D - just could not get into it

Dead Island - bought it because my brother and friends wanted to coop. we played it once and never touched it again

RP912

Banned
Can somebody answer me why Brink receives so much flack? Besides the shitty netcode and the level cap, it was truly a fun game in my eyes. It was way ahead of it's time.

Persona7

Banned
Fire Emblem : Awakening was a huge waste of money.

14526346839_c9914023a1.jpg

My buddy and I thought we were in for another quality comedy-ridden train wreck the likes of Sonic 06. How wrong we were. Nearly falling apart at the seems, this game commits the greatest sin: being utterly boring. So boring it made us reflect fondly on Sonic 06. Think about that.

yeah...I rented this and it's just boring. I had a lot of fun live streaming Sonic 06 years ago with friends but I don't think the same could happen with this game.

ZeroX03

Banned
Double dip on GTA V without a doubt.

Skyward Sword

I mean I got the limited edition Wiimote so it's not all bad. Yet the actual game I found tiresome and riddled with control related problems. I should have waited.

red dead redemption

what a boring piece of shit. i even got the map which was a fucking useless paper.

Trine 2.

The controls were annoying as hell and platforming mechanics were not helpful.

Okami
Bayonetta

Red Dead Redemption. Not that I'm calling it a shit game, but I got bored within one hour of playing it and had no desire to continue. I still to this day cannot get into it.

GTAV.

The mechanics of some stuff felt so PS2. Also the online is garbage with not a single good thing about it.

Xenoblade Chronicles

Fire Emblem : Awakening was a huge waste of money.

What the hell am I reading? This is one confusing thread

kunonabi

The biggest ones that have stuck with me:

Final Fantasy VII
Silent Hill 4
No More Heroes 2
Magna Carta
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

SSX on PS3, this was not the follow up / franchise reboot I was wanting. Would have just preferred a remaster of the PS2 games, especially SSX 3

dreamlock

The hero Los Santos deserves
Watch Dogs
Dragon Age 2
Hellgate: London
Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
Age of Conan
Diablo 3 (before they fixed it)

I got all you motherfuckers beat.

I bought Hellgate: London at full price + the Lifetime Subscription.

lol, wasn't that like $150 and noone managed to get a refund?

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Haze.

Yep. Damn collectors edition suckered me in and I ended up with a boring draining experience of a game :(.

I've got the GTA4 Collector's Edition too (the one that came with the bag and everything). I also pre-ordered at Amazon so I got the license plate. I never opened anything in the CE except from the game so I wonder if it's worth anything.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
What the hell am I reading? This is one confusing thread
The people who bought these games, ended up not liking them and/or were disappointed in them. What part do you not understand?

I don't think any of these people have played a legitimately shitty game in their life.
Of course I've played shittier games than Xenoblade. But the OT is about shitty games you bought at full price.

Top Bottom