• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shocking news: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD being localized

relevant:

bEG3xH1.jpg

Damn, that's pretty nice. Better than most HD collections. Hopefully the US version is similar, if not the same.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
358/2 Days is shameless; a garbage game from every point.

Re:coded is probably the most "pure fun" games in the series with all its delicious TWEWY influence.

In Japan; we don't know their US/EU plans yet.

I'm sure SE will get right on porting... right after they release FF Type-0 in the west. Yep.

Seda

Bleh, is there a general take on how much will it take for them to localize it? I mean they are already recording and everything, right?

Well Dream Drop distance came out only a few months after the JPN release. The official US release date was given in early April (about a week after the JPN release), and the US date was in late July.

They've also said they want to have a KH title each year, so no later than 2013.

also

Banned
Agreed. Re:coded was just shameless. This makes sense, to get new players up to speed for the inevitable KH3 on a home console.
Re: Coded is a great game and all future KH tittles should take inspiration from its gameplay systems and story progression. There's nothing shameless about it.

Stark

Banned
Well Dream Drop distance came out only a few months after the JPN release. The official US release date was given in early April (about a week after the JPN release), and the US date was in late July.

They've also said they want to have a KH title each year, so no later than 2013.

4 months after so it can hit in the summer time frame again.

Tsunamo

relevant:

bEG3xH1.jpg
Nomura artwork never dissapoints. I'm glad he got to do a new drawing for the 1.5 boxart.
McCartney removed all of his pictures/tweets/videos relating to this leak. Oops.

It was a recording mic which a clear picture of a Days cutscene on a tv in the background
Funny that a localisation got confirmed almost the same way the Re:coded one did, Jiminy Cricket's voice actor posted a shot of him voice recording his new project with a Re:coded picture on a TV in the background.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
HYPED!
But it was obvious it was coming considering Disney owns this. BD and Type-0 are sadly another story.

About two years ago I paid for the Japanese Final Mix versions with the Swap Magic and Slide Card.

I don't regret that purchase, and I will be getting this one as well. I hope they localize the Final Mix version of Birth by Sleep, so I don't have to throw down another $40 and struggle with the Japanese text again.

Also I hope they voice act all those scenes that remained silent in the first Kingdom Hearts; when they presumably localize Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix, I hope they really go for the voice acting, because there are a ton of silent scenes in that one as well.

Top Bottom