• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

Egg0

Banned
Yea he spammed the shit out of the powerslam and it didn't even matter.

Lame. I wanted them to pull the trigger on Braun.

Zach

I wasn't invested at all, but that match was confusing and dumb. Like, it had some nice RAWR VADUH moments, but it wasn't a good story. Baffling.

I give No Mercy a 3 out of 10.

Anth0ny

How much heat are we talking about here for this PPV, brothers?

giphy.gif

Beefy

That's the classic PPV formula

couple of matches in

"hey, this isn't too bad"

end of the night

"fuck this company"

I didn't watch but that's what I'm guessing happened...?

I wouldn't say that bad in this case. But it fucked up the PPV.

Brock winning was fine, but how he won was wach, he did one F5 ...

Cena vs Roman was basically make roman look strong by taking everything Cena had... then getting his hand raised by Cena.

Enzo winning by low blow just felt meh.

On the good side:

Nia had her best match and the woman's match was actually good.

The tag team champ match was bad until Cesaro got his teeth knocked out, then it weirdly picked up and finished a good match.

Miz match was good.

even the Finn and Bray match was decent apart from Bray losing again.

Man, what a pile of shit that show turned into at the end.

And it can mostly be tied, once again, to never-ending Roman push.

And the fact that the CW division went from life-support to completely and utterly worthless and destroyed tonight.

So friends, it's about time we have this discussion. No more sense in pretending and pushing it off hoping any alternative could ever happen. So, here goes:

Knowing what you know now, knowing that it resulted in Sting's retirement, Seth hurting himself twice, two full years of ultimate stillness, and 0 change in the fact that it would always end with Brock vs Reigns for the belt main eventing Mania with Reigns going over completely clean: was the Seth cash in and title reign worth it, or would you have just gotten The Moment (Reigns beating Brock) over with at that first Mania main event?

Syder

Caught a clip of the end of the main event on twitter.

Okay, so aside from being booked like a beast week-to-week who has Strowman actually beaten?

Pinned clean by Reigns. Pinned clean by Lesnar. Pissed his pants at the sight of the Undertaker.

Cool.

Beefy

Okay, so aside from being booked like a beast week-to-week who has Strowman actually beaten?

Pinned clean by Reigns. Pinned clean by Lesnar. Pissed his pants at the sight of the Undertaker.

Cool.

He beats every one on Raw. But soon as it comes to PPV he dies.

So friends, it's about time we have this discussion. No more sense in pretending and pushing it off hoping any alternative could ever happen. So, here goes:

Knowing what you know now, knowing that it resulted in Sting's retirement, Seth hurting himself twice, two full years of ultimate stillness, and 0 change in the fact that it would always end with Brock vs Reigns for the belt main eventing Mania with Reigns going over completely clean: was the Seth cash in and title reign worth it, or would you have just gotten The Moment (Reigns beating Brock) over with at that first Mania main event?

I mean sure, but we'd still be sitting here with a stale as fuck Reigns push and another WM main event for him as the top babyface who is booed more than the top heel. So in essence it doesn't matter really.

Sounds like I made the right choice with mother! then.

I mean sure, but we'd still be sitting here with a stale as fuck Reigns push and another WM main event for him as the top babyface who is booed more than the top heel. So in essence it doesn't matter really.

Nothing about WWE's booking matters. Vince will do what he wants because he doesn't have PPV buyrates to guide him anymore. Analyzing WWE booking is a waste of time and energy.

Cool.
Hasn't he beaten Roman at all of their PPV matches since WM? He pinned Roman to get this match tonight, right?

Nah that movie is trash. I'd rather watch this PPV again than see that again.

Did you enjoy it?

Mark

I bought into the game Aronovsky was playing, even though I went in ready to dismiss it as sophomoric tripe that a theater or film major would try to make as a thesis. The fact that I've seen Begotten helped a lot. The fact that I'm an Aronovsky mark obviously meant that I was also ready to give the film a chance. I dug it a lot, and I would recommend it to maybe two other people in my life and absolutely zero members of WrassleGAF.

Zach

I bought into the game Aronovsky was playing, even though I went in ready to dismiss it as sophomoric tripe that a theater or film major would try to make as a thesis. The fact that I've seen Begotten helped a lot. The fact that I'm an Aronovsky mark obviously meant that I was also ready to give the film a chance. I dug it a lot, and I would recommend it to maybe two other people in my life and absolutely zero members of WrassleGAF.
What about me? What about Zach? D:

Pikma

Banned

Cool.
There is only room for one non 50/50 booked superstar in the whole company, pal

Movie's got all the subtlety of a goddamn sledgehammer to the teeth. To me the value of an allegory or a metaphor narratively is that you can use the base of another story to tell your own. Aranovsky didn't really do that. He made it so explicitly clear what he was trying to do that it really loses all of its value other than the shock factors he packs into it. His "allegory" might as well have just been what it so clearly was as opposed to putting up the thinnest veil it possibly could while constantly winking at the audience saying "DO YOU GET IT? IT'S LIKE THE BIBLE AND MOTHER NATURE"

Pikma

Banned
Man, what a pile of shit that show turned into at the end.

And it can mostly be tied, once again, to never-ending Roman push.

And the fact that the CW division went from life-support to completely and utterly worthless and destroyed tonight.
Think of the bright side, with Neville title-less there is no longer a reason to care about that shitshow

Movie's got all the subtlety of a goddamn sledgehammer to the teeth. To me the value of an allegory or a metaphor narratively is that you can use the base of another story to tell your own. Aranovsky didn't really do that. He made it so explicitly clear what he was trying to do that it really loses all of its value other than the shock factors he packs into it. His "allegory" might as well have just been what it so clearly was as opposed to putting up the thinnest veil it possibly could while constantly winking at the audience saying "DO YOU GET IT? IT'S LIKE THE BIBLE AND MOTHER NATURE"
Who cares?

It's entertaining, the allegory/symbolism works on a few different levels and its a weird fucking thing that exists

I don't think he made it with the mindset of "only religious scholars will get this"

Always did love the Evenflow DDT:
tumblr_n89huj9YoO1rka1sjo1_400.gif

Thoughts arrive like butterflies
Oh he don't know
So he chases them away
Someday yet he'll begin his life again
Life again

Raven+DDT+to+Stevie+Richards.gif

THE GUY

Banned
Reigns/Cena was great. Almost booked perfectly.

Reigns schooled Cena throughout and talked down him. Like old school Cena used to do, Cena turned the tables in the eleventh hour and hit his signature spots, except it doesn't work. Because Reigns is the new top guy, and you can't definitively beat him like that. Reigns puts down Cena comfortably with one spear at the end of it all, after being overwhelmed by Super Cena temporarily.

Basically subverted the old Cena match template, which is something new today, because Cena has basically been doing a different template for 3 years now where he's trying to "rise up" to meet the new more athletic stars of today where they trade moves and finishers for 20 minutes.

Only flaw was the post-match moment where Cena raised Reigns hand. It should've just ended with Reigns walking away. There's no reason for Reigns to accept that, since he believes he is, and has been, the better man. Leave the story where it is, and you have the opportunity to tell an actual worthwhile kayfabe story with them should you decide to do a rematch down the line.

Great story; bad finishing touch.

Cool.

He beat Reigns twice

Top Bottom