• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

Heroman

Banned
Never forget The Shoot!!!
1769C91F4BDD6E661D8CD2

Ugh, seeing how well Destiny 2's doing just makes me want to vomit profusely - it's everything wrong with gaming in 2017 and it's frustrating to know I'm in the vast minority with that opinion. Enjoy your loot boxes, I guess.

*edit, hot damn;

soYxZ8d.jpg

yeah, sounds good, happy i grabbed a balcony ticket

I mean say what you want about co-opted progress, but rev pro is far less interesting to me as a going concern, it really is a card to card evaluation of whether I want to go

(as a side note, boots or anyone else, what was the deal with the podcast on progress that was going round the other day? don't have time in my day to listen to another 2 hour podcast)

yeah, sounds good, happy i grabbed a balcony ticket

I mean say what you want about co-opted progress, but rev pro is far less interesting to me as a going concern, it really is a card to card evaluation of whether I want to go

Yep. I was considering a Cockpit season ticket for next year, as those shows always look like good, (relatively) cheap, if not essential cards - the big shows are entirely based on which names are gonna be there, for me, especially as the prices are increasing slowly.

But yeah, as much as I'm not as into the whole BSS/CCK thing as I should be, Progress tries with its storylines. RevPro is incredibly storyline light.

(as a side note, boots or anyone else, what was the deal with the podcast on progress that was going round the other day? don't have time in my day to listen to another 2 hour podcast)

3 guys who used to love Progress but aren't feeling it so much nowadays ripping into it. Basically;

. shit booking, too many run-ins
. WWE stuff is weird, hard to get invested in WWE-signed guys
. PROGRESS being dicks on social media
. the fan group is cringe-worthy
. can't criticise PROGRESS, or the sycophants will come after you

I agreed with a few points, namely some of the booking this year and whoever runs their social media being a dickhead, but some of it seemed really snidey to me. Especially criticising the fans - the facebook group isn't really for me, but I'm not going to shit on those fans for being as into it as they are. Also, a lot of it is how you frame your arguments - I've criticised PROGRESS plenty in my show reviews, never once got attacked by sycophantic fans.

Yep. I was considering a Cockpit season ticket for next year, as those shows always look like good, (relatively) cheap, if not essential cards - the big shows are entirely based on which names are gonna be there, for me, especially as the prices are increasing slowly.

But yeah, as much as I'm not as into the whole BSS/CCK thing as I should be, Progress tries with its storylines. RevPro is incredibly storyline light.
Yeah, they try a little on the Cockpit shows, like with Eddie's losing streak, but then when it comes to York Hall no-ones seen it so it goes over like a fart in church.

3 guys who used to love Progress but aren't feeling it so much nowadays ripping into it. Basically;

. shit booking, too many run-ins
. WWE stuff is weird, hard to get invested in WWE-signed guys
. PROGRESS being dicks on social media
. the fan group is cringe-worthy
. can't criticise PROGRESS, or the sycophants will come after you

I agreed with a few points, namely some of the booking this year and whoever runs their social media being a dickhead, but some of it seemed really snidey to me. Especially criticising the fans - the facebook group isn't really for me, but I'm not going to shit on those fans for being as into it as they are. Also, a lot of it is how you frame your arguments - I've criticised PROGRESS plenty in my show reviews, never once got attacked by sycophantic fans.

I'll give them someone needs to take the social media keys off them

Jamie OD

I'll give them someone needs to take the social media keys off them

Yeah and it's the kind of thing that bothers me when they use "don't be a dick" as their mantra. Their twitter was at their worst during the USA shows as they were clearly getting sick of people asking about start times, venue locations, iPPV problems, etc. Surely as promoters they should have already known that no matter how many times you advertise your stuff, there will be someone in your audience (especially an international one in this case) that won't see it. Doesn't matter if on the day of the show 100 people ask you what time the doors open. You should answer back to each and every one of them.

The defensive fanbase isn't a unique issue. TNA Mecca, ROHbots, the Chikarmy. Every company that goes through a hot streak will at some point get a fanbase that thinks any negative critique is a sin cast against them and they become despised by the rest of the community.

The WWE relationship is weird because it kind of feels like everyone's future is cloudy. Like Dunne should definitely be NXT bound full time in the next year or so but when exactly is anyone's guess. A running theme in the podcast is a lot of their guesses for who will win depended on whether or not the WWE contracted wrestlers are leaving anytime soon. I think we should be seeing British Strong Style lose all of their titles tomorrow but if any of them win then I can't see where their endgame is.

Syder

Ugh, seeing how well Destiny 2's doing just makes me want to vomit profusely - it's everything wrong with gaming in 2017 and it's frustrating to know I'm in the vast minority with that opinion. Enjoy your loot boxes, I guess.
giphy.gif

Fuck everything about these sorts of games.

Ronin Ray

I'm genuinely curious what you find wrong with it? I haven't played it

Hex

Banned
I am so intrigued by this gif

It was great, and you know how Ospreay does his land on his feet thing at the beginning of most matches...flipping out of ranas and throws to land on his feet?
Takahashi was totally wide eyed and trying to pet him

Raw64life

I had no idea this certified dream match actually took place.

Unfortunately 10 years of beating the consumer down with DLC bullshit has lead to most people not even batting an eye at this stuff anymore. Will never buy these types of games on principle alone.

Hex

Banned
How you doing man? How's the hurricane?

Eerily calm right now, everything is closed when you drive down the street.
Was able to hit the store in the am before they closed to grab some extra things just in case things go sideways.
Spent the morning going around the complex helping people clear off their patios and checking in on some older folks down the way to make sure they have everything taken care of.

It is an odd feeling, but I am set for anything that comes.

Beefy

Eerily calm right now, everything is closed when you drive down the street.
Was able to hit the store in the am before they closed to grab some extra things just in case things go sideways.
Spent the morning going around the complex helping people clear off their patios and checking in on some older folks down the way to make sure they have everything taken care of.

It is an odd feeling, but I am set for anything that comes.

Stat safe man

Top Bottom