• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shortage of Neon Switch Imminent?

psyfi

Banned
I'm getting the Neon Switch SKU + the Blue / Red joycon bundle, so I'll have a complete pair of both red and blue at launch. Both colors look great to me, but I don't like them mixed so much.

Good luck to folks still hunting down everything they want!

Chao

Gonna enjoy that neon switch like I did with my purple gamecube back in the day.

Black electronics are for peasants.

If you buy the extra neon joycons all of a sudden you have an ice blue switch or a flaming red switch. Very slick too.

Yeah, but from what I can tell, not a lot of people want their gadgets to POP, you know what I mean? I personally adore color, but a lot of high end gadgets go for a sleeker silver, black or gray, and they don't want that scheme to be interrupted by this Blu/Red eye candy.

This is just me but I prefer plain to be honest.

It looks better with the rest of my electronics/ the living room.

See look at that.

This seems like the biggest nonissue ever. The only thing that's different are the attached controllers, which you can easily buy separately.

To be fair, if you wanted to really recreate the exact look of the Neon Switch, you'd be out $160. The neon two-pack is the opposite of what's included with the system, and I don't think the neon ones are being sold individually. So, you'd have to buy a red two-pack, and a blue two-pack, to get this look.

georly

It will cost you $180 to get the blue (left) and red (right) neons. I'll probably just hold off in any LE of joycons.

A joycon pair is 80, not 90. So 160.

And then you have 4 spare joycons that you can either keep (4 extra controllers!) or sell and make most of your money back, likely. Even selling at 30 bucks a piece, that's 120 bucks, which means you're out only 40 bucks to get what you want.

The hardest thing will be finding them, though.

Piggus

The thirst for Leapfrog's My First Tablet is real.

Glad I went with the "boring" No Fun Allowed version. I'm trynna play some games, not learn my ABCs.

Peterthumpa

lol, I wanted the grey one, woke up when pre-orders started and couldn't get neither. BB had some new stocks in that same day, late afternoon of only neon units. Got mine kinda of disappointed but now I'm totally glad it worked that way.

trinest

To be fair, if you wanted to really recreate the exact look of the Neon Switch, you'd be out $160. The neon two-pack is the opposite of what's included with the system, and I don't think the neon ones are being sold individually. So, you'd have to buy a red two-pack, and a blue two-pack, to get this look.

Or you could buy, one red, one blue?

Fireblend

Banned
To those still on the fence:

pic_03_02.png

cmon

idc I just want to get one lol. hoping my local gamestop has a bunch

If you really trying to do that I would go everyday in case they get more in so you can preorder it. Once launch come people gonna be in line, preorders and non preorders. They gon walk in before you

Just brought the neon controllers from bestbuy as I didn't want to hunt down a neon.

I don't give a shit if the colors are swapped from the official.

psyfi

Banned
I generally don't like colorful consoles (GC was the big exception), but dang I love me some colorful handhelds. There's no way I could pass on the neon.

I'm curious what percentage of Neon owners will get a bit of buyers remorse because of the lack of symmetry after the honeymoon phase wears off.

Rarius

I was already aware of this; the EB that I pre-ordered at (And got the last Neon... Zelda AND EXTRA CONTROLLER (Holy shit) was getting like... half he regular amount in Neon

Plum

That settles it. I'm heading to GAME tomorrow and asking if I can change my Grey pre-order to Neon. You got me, GAF, you got me.

EDIT: I may not... I don't know. God this decision is difficult.

EDIT 2: No, I'm holding true to Grey team. I only want the Neon for the eventual duel-red anyway and I'm sure I could just import some from US/Japan. The Blue just don't look nice to me. I'll regret it as soon as the first new Joy-Con colours are announced.

jax

Banned
I'm curious what percentage of Neon owners will get a bit of buyers remorse because of the lack of symmetry after the honeymoon phase wears off.

Honeymoon phase doesn't exist on the Switch bro. We're getting a constant flow of new games every single week. This ain't no Wii U bruh. We eatin fam.

Conan-san

I just preordered a neon switch today on Amazon UK and the thing was littlery noted as "Unavaiable" within ten minutes of me putting in my order.

TAS

Yup..biggest regret was preordering the Grey instead of the Neon Switch. But I went back and preordered the Neon JoyCons separately anyway.

Seil

In Europe maybe but that's not the case in NA.

It is the case in NA...

You can buy either a mixed set which is the reverse of the Neon system SKU, a full set of blue, a full set of red, a full set of grey or individual grey...

You cannot buy individual red or blue joy-cons. Meaning if you buy the mixed set, you cannot complete that set. And the mixed set results in the opposite colors of the actual neon SKU.

This is exactly what that post pointed out.

I love the Neon, but I want something more subtle for playing on long train/plane journeys, so grey it is.

I'm probably gonna get the first LE joycons they sell though, regardless of how garish, so I'm a mess of a man.

Top Bottom