• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Should I buy Lost Planet or Resistance?

I bought a PS3 along with Resistance Wednesday night and have been playing it pretty much non-stop since. Great game, and I have yet to dive into multi-player. Can't comment on Lost Planet though.

i'd definitely say LP, but since you have a PS3 and no Resistence.. you should probably pick that up to get in some time on your PS3

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
toss a coin, the have a feel of how the decissions feels....

if it feels wrong, get the other one, if it feels right, get it.

I used to get my father to put a game in each hand behind his back and i'd chose a 'hand' but that had to stop, it's been tough deciding what to buy since last week ;)

KGKK

Banned
Well it pretty much looks about even here for both game in which case you should just refer to gamerankings.com to make your decision.

Lost Planet is Junk bro get Resistance it has a great single player and one of the best online experiences of any console. Just looking at the GAF threads for both Lost Planet and Resistance should tell you something. Resistance is 2 months older and its constantly being talked about.

RESISTANCE

302999021_a02ad0b1dc_b.jpg

I'm so glad I bought this game, and I haven't even gotten into multiplayer.

manxor

I've passed both games... I had more fun with Lost Planet but Resistance is the better game (gamerankings) ....but to own a PS3 and not own Resistance is a sin.

manxor said:
I've passed both games... I had more fun with Lost Planet but Resistance is the better game (gamerankings) ....but to own a PS3 and not own Resistance is a sin.
I don't own a PS3 but I've been through Resistance through various fares and it does seem to have a better storyline. The thing is that I just fell in love with Lost Planet's atmosphere.

I'd ask the same "PS3 minus Resistance" question as everyone else, though. It's the only game on the system that warrants a purchase--anything else you can find on the 360.

Dude ask yourself what you like.
Do you like well designed games that will continue to impress you with excellent gameplay and online features.

Or do you want a really pretty looking "souless" game?

If your going for souless and pretty LOST PLANET
If your going for fun and replayability RESISTANCE

Everyone picking LOST PLANET has probably never played RESISTANCE.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
PS3 and No resistance???? Nuts

Run don't walk and get Resistance now. Most who's actually played it through feel it's game of the year or close to it. You cannot say the same for Lost Planet which falls far far behind.

Anyone who is saying Lost Planet really needs look of the box it's in. Stop letting that little fan inside you decide. Either that of get smack for having poor taste in games.

Ganondorfo

BruceLeeRoy said:
Dude ask yourself what you like.
Do you like well designed games that will continue to impress you with excellent gameplay and online features.

Or do you want a really pretty looking "souless" game?

If your going for souless and pretty LOST PLANET
If your going for fun and replayability RESISTANCE

7.jpg

PS3 and No resistance???? Nuts

Run don't walk and get Resistance now. Most who's actually played it through feel it's game of the year or close to it. You cannot say the same for Lost Planet which falls far far behind.

QFT

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
How about this:

No game on any console platform has a better multiplayer system than resistance and that is a fact.

(ignoring the fact that PS3 doesnt allow you to chat to your friend that are playing different games)

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Mr. Spinnington said:
302999021_a02ad0b1dc_b.jpg

I'm so glad I bought this game, and I haven't even gotten into multiplayer.

It's so nice to have this case just sitting in front of you like it is right now in front of me...

Well bro, you rented Resistance, so I guess you already got any idea of what it's like... I played it a few times at a gaming expo, plus one at a mall here, and it didn't strike me as anything special whatsoever... it just seemed like a standard PC-like shooter to me...

Lost Planet on the other hand felt new and smooth, with a nice next-gen polish with the explosions and motion blur... textures are pretty sharp as well

SP is a nice arcadey ride with some great action, and the MP is a blast to play, with all of the looks and explosions of the SP with no lag too...

So yeah, I'd suggest Lost Planet to you personally...

BruceLeeRoy said:
yea nice blanket statement there :rolleyes
im sure there are a few ppl here vouching for resistance, who have not played lp

anyways, i would choose lp... its newer!

Haunted

Rent both for one day and buy the one you like more based on the initial impression. Cheap, good and no disappointment possible.

mood

Doesnt sound like youd be disappointed with either. But Id get Lost Planet. Plus you already have the full game of resistance to play.

winter

LP is great but the single player lasts about 2 whole minutes.

I'd go with Resistance just so you don't feel ripped off.

agent069 said:
Yeah buy Resistance dude, it's one of the few PS3 games

fixed.

oh, and for the OP....

if you are a PC gamer....then get lost planet....if not and you are really in the mood for some FPS...resistance.

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
I've been thinking about this hard.

I bought this stupid 50 dollar VISA gift card to get Tekken 5 DR...which has been out for PSN in Asia for what, like a month already?

It cost 57 bucks to get this thing because of the extra fees involved.

If Sony would get off their ass and get this ****ing thing out, I wouldn't have had to go to the trouble. Since Sony's going out of their way to region lock this PSN thing so we can't get a decent game, I think I'm going to buy Lost Planet...Sony lost my business this transaction. :)

By the time T5DR hits US PSN, VF5 will be out and I won't give a shit.

I'll keep my rented copy of Resistance for a few more weeks until VF5 hits. :)

Dunpeal

Banned
Lol what did you buy your Ps3 with? :lol

Anyway, for value reasons alone -> Resistance.

And to the Professor guy :lol You try too hard, insecure total

LuCkymoON

Banned
Fatghost said:
I've been thinking about this hard.

I bought this stupid 50 dollar VISA gift card to get Tekken 5 DR...which has been out for PSN in Asia for what, like a month already?

It cost 57 bucks to get this thing because of the extra fees involved.

If Sony would get off their ass and get this ****ing thing out, I wouldn't have had to go to the trouble. Since Sony's going out of their way to region lock this PSN thing so we can't get a decent game, I think I'm going to buy Lost Planet...Sony lost my business this transaction. :)

By the time T5DR hits US PSN, VF5 will be out and I won't give a shit.

I'll keep my rented copy of Resistance for a few more weeks until VF5 hits. :)
Good choice, Lost Planet rocks. Anyone who says it doesn't wishes it was on their system of choice.

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
Remy said:
You do realize it's *Namco* that's got to localize and finish the game, right?

Well Sony shouldn't have shut down all the loop holes to downloading the game from the HK Store then. :)

Dunpeal said:
Lol what did you buy your Ps3 with? :lol

Anyway, for value reasons alone -> Resistance.

And to the Professor guy :lol You try too hard, insecure total

I didn't buy anything with my PS3. Wasn't sure about Resistance enough to buy it without trying it out, anything else of interest on PS3 (Ridge 7, Fight Night, Marvel UA) I had already on 360 or PC.

Really bought my PS3 on a whim....decided since I've been waiting anxiously to play VF5 since 2005 I couldn't stand the extra 7 months for the 360 version so I grabbed a PS3 60 GB.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Fatghost said:
Well Sony shouldn't have shut down all the loop holes to downloading the game from the HK Store then. :)

I didn't buy anything with my PS3. Wasn't sure about Resistance enough to buy it without trying it out, anything else of interest on PS3 (Ridge 7, Fight Night, Marvel UA) I had already on 360 or PC.

Really bought my PS3 on a whim....decided since I've been waiting anxiously to play VF5 since 2005 I couldn't stand the extra 7 months for the 360 version so I grabbed a PS3 60 GB.

Whats your PSN tag ?

No offense, but this was sorta pointless. All those overall votes favoring Resistance and it didn't really matter anyway in the end with your decision. Though of course with you renting Resistance as of now, you're already enjoying it before a purchase and can dive into Lost Planet fairly fresh if you buy that right away.

No biggie though, can't go wrong with either game.

jjasper

Though question. Both games have been criminally underrated for some strange reason. It really depends on what you are looking for, if you are up for an action packed arcade type experience go for Lost Planet. If you want a quality FPS with great online go for Resistance.

But if you have a PS3 and not Resistance you should really get Resistance as it is the absolute best game for the system.

rs7k

I played the LP demo from E3 a while back... looks like it's a great game, but Resistance is just as excellent as Gears of War. Lost Planet, while good, can't compare to either of those two (keep in mind I haven't tried multiplayer, but I'm not a big online multiplayer fan anyhow).

Get Resistance, and get Lost Planet on eBay later on or something.

rs7k

lunlunqq said:
RESISTANCE!!!!!!!!!!! GET IT NOW AND JOIN THE GAF WEDGE!!!!!!!!!

What's the wedge? I posted my PSN tag a while ago, and some guy added me and it says Fear the wedge.

On this note, I should really get around playing Resistance in MP. I haven't even tried it yet.

Top Bottom