• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shovel Knight: Treasure's Trove $12 USD on Mexican eShop

Zafir

I think people having issues with their credit cards might be due to their bank blocking foreign transactions.

Try calling your bank

I buy things from abroad all the time. I doubt it is. The only time it doesn't is if they send an address which doesn't match my address, my card provider rejects it, which could be happening and I can't really do anything to solve that.

Plus I took a look at the eshop thread discussing purchasing from other regions and there's loads of people having trouble. So I don't think it's bank specific, either.

-Mikey-

Just did it. Thanks for the thread.

Between this and the savings from a couple JP e-shop purchases, it's been a pretty nice launch. Well, it's been a pretty cheap launch at least.

Dremorak

Banned
Do you need to make a whole new nintendo account and everything or can you easily just change an existing one and change back? I made a japanese eshop account for this same reason

Miyahon

Do you need to make a whole new nintendo account and everything or can you easily just change an existing one and change back? I made a japanese eshop account for this same reason

I just changed my current US account to Mexico by going to accounts.nintendo.com then edit your profile from United States to Mexico.

After that I went to the eShop on my Nintendo Switch and chose my current account which now shows the Mexico eShop instead the USA eShop.

After purchasing I went back to accounts.nintendo.com then switched it back to the United States again.

The USA eShop shows that I purchased Shovel Knight Treasure Trove even though I bought it from the Mexico eShop.

Others have said it will delink from your Nintendo Network ID but you can relink it back again. Also if you have eShop credit other people have said it won't allow you to change the region until you spend it first.

I recommend just makin' more accounts. I made a quick video about it yesterday.

This is how I handle my logins.
C6Lv3u5UoAAJHXg.jpg:orig

I bought the game day 1 on US eshop but I love that this is posssible. I'm sure the community will start to come together to list the lowest prices based on region. It's like a slickdeals for Nintendo only.

stoke1863

Can't get this to work in the UK. What I've tried

Revolut card
Lloyd's debit
Lloyd's credit card
Sainsbury's credit card .

Anyone else in UK had any luck ?

davidmt

Alright I got it all to work, but how do I trigger it to relink my accout to my nintendo again?

Go back to:
https://accounts.nintendo.com
and at the bottom of the page, you will see "Linked Accounts". Your Nintendo Network ID should show "unlinked". Just click it and re-link.

I got this purchase to work using my Chase Amazon card. Just a FYI and not sure if it was mentioned, some CC companies will charge a small fee for foreign puchases.

Josh5890

Just did it. What a great find! When I went back to the US eshop it showed Shovel Knight as "purchased".

I do have a bad feeling though that this could open a can of worms. I don't think this is something that will last for very long, but if we could keep going between eshops though that would be great.

This is neat but honestly the whole headache of having multiple accounts in different languages and the payment issues don't really seem worth it to me.

I can change my location to Mexico, but when I go to relink my Nintendo Network account, it tells me that it's the wrong region and won't link.

I've yet to find a way to get it to work outside of having a second account.

Relink your NNID after you've purchased Shovel Knight in Mexico and switched back to U.S. region for your Nintendo account.

Zafir

Tried Revolut now they've fixed their issues, doesn't work either.

I just don't think it works with UK cards in general.

ds8k

Had to make a new account (I've got unused funds) but was able to use my CapitalOne card to buy it. Thanks!

SomTervo

If uk card isn't working, buy some cheap credit online?

Games bought with other accounts appear in your main list, right? And can be played with any account?

Yep. Changed region to mx and back to us. What a deal. Game is top tier on this thing. Portable mode is bad ass and joycon works great with it. Ive been playing for the last 3 hrs.

linkboy

What's the price on the American eShop? $25?

Also, how do you get Specter after this? It's supposed to be free.

Treasure Trove has Specter Knight in in.

It's the original Shovel Knight, Specter Knight and Plauge Knight. King Knight will be coming out later.

Top Bottom