• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shovel Knight: Treasure's Trove $12 USD on Mexican eShop

aett

This worked with my American Visa card! Fantastic. I was an original day one backer for Shovel Knight and have the game on my 3DS, and wanted to wait for a sale to get a copy for my Switch. Thanks!

oh damn just did it! Thanks OP.

First time player here, GAF constantly raves about this so I hope its good

Too bad i'm not going to play this until im done with zelda lol

lantus

Well, I went ahead and got it. I used a card with no foreign transaction fee just in case. This feels so awkward on a Nintendo console, especially because of how easy it was haha.

Josh5890

oh damn just did it! Thanks OP.

First time player here, GAF constantly raves about this so I hope its good

Too bad i'm not going to play this until im done with zelda lol

I'm only on day three with this console and I already have a backlog with Zelda, Fast RMX, Shovel Knight, and Bomberman. Not to mention that I have Binding of Isaac coming in less than two weeks.

If people want it, I could sell you eshop codes for +5%

Problem is, there are only $200 $500 and $1000 denominations. So it would be the same in the end.

Is there a way to buy codes for other people?

Inotti

Have any of you tried virtual credit card services if your local cc doesn't work with mexican eshop? My Finnish cc didn't work but at least I was able to download some free demos from japanese eshop. I'm going to try entropay later and tell you how it goes. :)

Zafir

Have any of you tried virtual credit card services if your local cc doesn't work with mexican eshop? My Finnish cc didn't work but at least I was able to download some free demos from japanese eshop. I'm going to try entropay later and tell you how it goes. :)

I already tried Entropay, didn't work.

Neither did Revolut.

Virtual Cards like those are always hit and miss with certain services anyway.

Shari

This is nice, thanks for the heads up.

Is there a cheaper region for Fast RMX?

Edit: Just saw this only works for Americas. Fuck that.

Inotti

I already tried Entropay, didn't work.

Neither did Revolut.

Virtual Cards like those are always hit and miss with certain services anyway.

I was just about to write that as well. Entropay didn't work for me either. Oh well, I just bought the game from Finnish eshop.

Everything suggested for us UK peeps hasn't worked sadly :(

Do you know if you could make an account, have someone in US/Mexico buy the game on the account then download it on my switch?
Or are the accounts kind of console based still?

Dremorak

Banned
Those of us outside of the US will probably just have to wait for it to come out in japan. Any word on the release date there?

mieumieu

I paid full price for the US version and no regrets. They deserve all those extra money from me. I already have the PSN, PC ans 3DS version with amiibo.

13ruce

Banned
Bought for full price and honeslty don't regret it awesome retro game.

Owned the game on vita and ps4 but never played it lol beside 1 stage with shovel knights campaign.

RoadDogg

Why would they revoke it? It's region free, as advertised. If something is cheaper in a different region, people will buy it there.

Because you have to lie about where you live to get it? It told me when I changed my region that I was confirming I lived there. I am sure the eula covers their right to revoke things as they see fit.

Dude Guy

I bought the Specter of Torment instead of treasure trove by accident lol. No ragrets, I already had Shovel Knight on 3DS anyway 😂

Poppyseed

Because you have to lie about where you live to get it? It told me when I changed my region that I was confirming I lived there. I am sure the eula covers their right to revoke things as they see fit.

Hmm, that makes little sense to me then to have region-free titles?

RoadDogg

Hmm, that makes little sense to me then to have region-free titles?

Region free to me was always intended to allow you to pick up a game while traveling. At least that was how I understood why the gameboy was region free. It wasnt meant to buy from the cheapest region. Digital obviously makes things muddy but I still think this would fall outside the realm of OK by their eula. I should read it one day...

Top Bottom