• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2012 Edition

52club

It's really not that expensive. Well a setup like Chitta's is as he has expensive design furniture, but you can get a really nice setup by spending less than a couple grand at Ikea. Get an Ikea credit card and 12 month no interest to pay it off within the 12 months.

Living the American Dream (on credit)

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
It's really not that expensive. Well a setup like Chitta's is as he has expensive design furniture, but you can get a really nice setup by spending less than a couple grand at Ikea. Get an Ikea credit card and 12 month no interest to pay it off within the 12 months.

The BoConcept sideboard is just around $1400, and Togo setup in complete is probably over $3000, with the Arco sitting right around $2000 even (price was raised for some reason). The rest of the occasional and coffee tables are probably from twentyonetwentyone, each a little over $500 themselves. You can even factor in the price of all the art as well, which is not cheap either. This is all considering he purchased retail, which I highly doubt he did, but I have been wrong before.

The problem with IKEA is that the materials are shit, and not made to last more than one move. His collection may cost more than a tv each item, but they are all built to last a much longer time frame. The only reason IKEA is so popular in America is because expendable furniture is so popular. I am almost certain Scandinavian principle is much different. Living in a home like Chitta's is like living in a museum itself, because each item has a historical significance. (Arco lamp, Barcelona chair, Artek Table).

That wide angle lens is pretty generous in conveying space, TV is actually some 3m from where you sit. Fine for gaming, OS usage is not optimal though. Need a 70" TV!

Go with Samsung!

guest1321

I'm going to say "go with literally anything but Samsung."

At least if you like games.

I DISAGREE!!!
So pleased with my Plasma Sammy PN51D550. I don't know how their LCD/LED's are, but if they are of the same quality there plasma line is, you are in for a treat with them

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
How can you possibly justify this.

Actually, I dunno about their plasmas, but I'm guessing Panasonic's are still better.

But for LCDs, there is mad input lag, even with all of Samsung's bullshit "features" turned off. It's about as bad as displays get for games.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Actually, I dunno about their plasmas, but I'm guessing Panasonic's are still better.

But for LCDs, there is mad input lag, even with all of Samsung's bullshit "features" turned off. It's about as bad as displays get for games.

Not if you use HDMI input 2, ment for PC's. You'll get no input lag and strait to display picture.

Mascot

Ha! Just came across this circa-2007 crappyshot of my old gaming set-up at my last place. That 50" Pioneer plasma is still working faultlessly, and still producing superb pictures. Cost me about £4k a few years earlier. Old-skool FTW.

DBS.jpg

Bgamer90

Banned
Made a few changes but nothing major to my "cool hipster style room" lol (as my friend calls it). Just finished college so my next step will be a new place in about a year or two.

0ae630a2.jpg

7bec9098.jpg

1f9f2c06.jpg

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Sony 46" 3DTV with ES receiver and Blu-ray Disc player plus 7.1 speaker set-up. PS3 on top.
img0150ny.jpg

Mac-mini Server 2011 with Thunderbolt Display.
img0151rw.jpg

Stanton DJ gear plus Vita and iPad at the end.
img0090cvp.jpg

Frant1ck

Sweet place JeFfRey!

I always enjoy the neighbourhood around the Palais des Congrès.

You must have had a good view of all the students riot a couple weeks ago.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Sweet place JeFfRey!

I always enjoy the neighbourhood around the Palais des Congrès.

You must have had a good view of all the students riot a couple weeks ago.

Actually I was in Germany that day and saw my building being vandalized on France 2 news. At least I was heading home the day after; there wasn't much damage. Still you can see some bit of red paint left on the fountain from that day on the picture I took.

Yes Boss!

Final game setup till I move back to Europe next month. Back to exclusively hand-held systems as everything else was packed up and shipped. No biggie as I've probably got about a hundred games between the DS/3DS/iPhone/Go/PSP/Vita.

DSC00325.jpg

JonCha

Shitty camera phone shots

New set up-

Other side of the wall

n7Olrl.jpg

What colour's your wall? Black? It doesn't look incredibly dark, and since my desk is wooden I think it'd work quite well. Getting bored of white.

Edit: was also looking at the GALANT desks, and couldn't find one like yours. They all seem tall, or the legs are weirdly positioned.

mr stroke

What colour's your wall? Black? It doesn't look incredibly dark, and since my desk is wooden I think it'd work quite well. Getting bored of white.

Edit: was also looking at the GALANT desks, and couldn't find one like yours. They all seem tall, or the legs are weirdly positioned.

Black paint. It doesn't look dark because I lightened up the picture in iPhoto(really hard to take photos in a dark room with an iPhone)

But if you like dark colors I can't recommend black enough. It feels like a movie theater.

Rikkun

Hey Gameboy, seems like I can't see your images on photobucket.
Any chance you dumped all the pics anywhere else? I love to peep shelves
KuGsj.gif

Hey GAF! I guess it's time for me to show you all my gaming set up! I am currently renting a room and this is where I game! I got some more nintendo games at home, but I am currently going through my third run of Mario N64!

Simple and clean, lovely. N64 hooked in bedroom represent, Mission Impossible always plugged in.

And to continue the jellyness: next apartment I'll check the walls, first thing I'll do. This house has rocks in the walls, so I can't hang shelves, and the floor is kinda curvy, and the walls too, setting everything is a nightmare.

Also, I'm lazy.

Top Bottom