• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2013 Edition

Nice collection of consoles but are you really going to leave them on the floor? :eek:

No, I will eventually be building something for them to sit on, I don't want them getting full of dust. I currently have the ps3 and xbox 360 sitting on some spare xbox 360's so they're not directly on the floor.

OverHeat

« generous god »
New laptop MSI GT70 dragon edition 2
Excuse to kid stuff on the floor :)
null-5.jpg

Bobb

Please don't mind the mess.

g7baTgyl.jpg

55 inch Sony Hx850
Denon Avr 1713
Energy RC70 Fronts
Energy LCR Center

Xbox 360
Ps3
WIi U

killbox

always enjoy posts on this thread. Here's my step-up for modern games. I'll post some pics of the retro setup when I clean up that cave =)

the neo candy is in the garage.

Panda Rin

I just got my new gaming rig last month, and finally got the setup I wanted. I do all my gaming sitting here.

qIfW4t0.jpg

acic0DI.jpg

9Wbz7r9.jpg

24" Asus VS-247
20" HP LED

Case: Corsair Carbide 200R
Gigabyte Z77
Sapphire 7950
i5-3570k
Rosewill 700W PSU
Zalman GNSP10X CPU Cooler
8GB Corsair Vengeance
128 GB Samsung SSD
2x 1TB HDD

PS3 Slim and 3DS XL

Jakoozie89

Neo Member
Do the passanger windows annoy you when you drive?

When gaming on triple monitors, you are staring at the screen directly in front of you absolutely no different than you do now. The difference is immersion and being able to keep additional info like maps/inventory/mods/ect up full time and not disrupt your main viewing area. You can glance left or right in order to see a significantly larger area around you while still keeping the main view straight ahead. In something like Diablo3, I don't have to explore to an edge for a full reveal. I see monsters, loot, entrences, and events before anyone else. In Civ5, I can see 3x more than someone on a single screen. The advantages never end. Ask anyone than owns a triple monitor setup and they'll have similar experiences in a plethora of different games and genres. Flight sims, space sims, mech games, man it is all so much more amazing.

This might be an old post, but triple monitors intrigue me. The problem I see with triple monitors is that you need a lot more horsepower to run games at this resolution, with decent graphics. Am I wrong?

And you probably need more than one graphics card as well?

Awesome setups everyone.

Smokey

Did some reshuffling. Here was my previous setup:

surroundz9q06.jpg

---

Here it is now:

setup1h1sjs.jpg

Dell U3011 flanked by two Asus 120hz 23'' monitors. Outside of the size of a TV I find myself becoming annoyed with all of their post processing and input lag. These monitors have virtually zero. Going to paint the walls in the next month or so.

ps3g7sks.jpg

The OG 60GB (with a 320GB HDD) PS3 behind the 23'' monitor on the right. In all it's dusty glory :p

elite2nszz.jpg

PS3 Pulse Elite headphones hanging on the back of the U3011

titanrigszstc.jpg

And the star of the room. My Titan SLI rig that laughs at the consoles next to it :p

Going to try the PS3 on the U3011 and see how it is. The GT6 demo just came out and so I plan to hook up my wheel and use it to play. Hopefully the input lag isn't too bad on here.

Smokey

*bling*

still haven't sold one I see. you gave up or no one showed up?

I have a potential buyer. I'm just debating if I should go through with it or not. I actually had it out of my system until I moved things around and put it back to see if I really want to sell it. I'm so used to having 60fps+ with max settings now that it bothers me when I can't with one GPU. Granted I'm playing at 2560x1600, but still.

No, just a room to game in :D But it could also be a fine wine cellar. The building is about 100 years old IIRC.

I actually just bought a white wooden panel (4mm thick) and put it on the wooden wall.

Bad smartphone pic:

Nice I did something similar, going to mask off the unused area?

Makes a big difference.

Just moved into a new place. It's pretty small but enough for one person. I have mostly the same furniture, but added a few things here and there. Redid the bathroom, hoping to revamp the bedroom next.

Kitchen:

NKMfRkl.jpg

Dining:

8LkXro1.jpg

Living Room:

gaznrsI.jpg

rwHxsSw.jpg

0xetRow.jpg

GCRrYyM.jpg

Bedroom:

2XuPQgD.jpg

Panoramic pic of bathroom:

fMryaCu.jpg

Gaming setup - 27" iMac

SuKHbgY.jpg

Yc6msJX.jpg

Blu-ray / Games:

HLcAmpY.jpg

DJ Roomba:

FiokKNN.jpg

Bii

Just moved into a new place. It's pretty small but enough for one person. I have mostly the same furniture, but added a few things here and there. Redid the bathroom, hoping to revamp the bedroom next.

Living Room:

gaznrsI.jpg

Blu-ray / Games:

HLcAmpY.jpg

Awesome setup. Where can I get that media storage where you have your Blu-Rays/games in?

This might be an old post, but triple monitors intrigue me. The problem I see with triple monitors is that you need a lot more horsepower to run games at this resolution, with decent graphics. Am I wrong?

And you probably need more than one graphics card as well?

Awesome setups everyone.

Yes, you need more power. Multiple cards are not required, but it really depends on what you are playing and at what resolutions. So when people tell you PC gaming is cheap and spec a system, they never include a triple monitor set up in such an equation.

A great poor man's starter would be 3x19" monitors. I've seen people skip PC monitors altogether and just run 3x36" TVs. These types of guys do not game at a desk. It is actually easier to push 3x1080p TVs than my 3x24" monitors based on resolution alone. Of course, you're losing that high end resolution too! I am considering this for my next build TBH.

apesh1t

Banned
Do some of you even live in these place or just have them to take pictures of. None of the pics look like actual human beings exist there, just Ikea ads.

Do some of you even live in these place or just have them to take pictures of. None of the pics look like actual human beings exist there, just Ikea ads.

Where are the pics of your place for comparision? I want to see how an actual human being like yourself lives.

Oxn

always enjoy posts on this thread. Here's my step-up for modern games. I'll post some pics of the retro setup when I clean up that cave =)

the neo candy is in the garage.

Omfg we got the same tv stand. Its a beauty isnt it?

Just got mine a couple of months ago.

CAVE343

Awesome setup and nice stuff!! Congrats on the great place!

killbox

really?! very cool! I've never seen it in a store, I picked it up 3 yeas ago from amazon. I love it, though I would advise making sure your tv is set as far back on it as you can. I had my tv centered on it and the top bowed just a little bit from the weight. its more supported at the rear of the stand. but then again, the tv I have (Sony XBR8 55 inch) is way heavier than most newer ones.

Omfg we got the same tv stand. Its a beauty isnt it?

Just got mine a couple of months ago.

Oxn

really?! very cool! I've never seen it in a store, I picked it up 3 yeas ago from amazon. I love it, though I would advise making sure your tv is set as far back on it as you can. I had my tv centered on it and the top bowed just a little bit from the weight. its more supported at the rear of the stand. but then again, the tv I have (Sony XBR8 55 inch) is way heavier than most newer ones.

I got a 47inch LG tv thats about 45lbs so I really dont think it bow. But I placed it in the back anyways. The wood is VERY strong.

I am preparing to move so my place is a mess, but figured I'd show you my humble set up. I'll do another shot once I'm settled in New York. Goodbye DC!

8xaDsYM.jpg

I had no place else to put my iMac so it's sitting in front of my 46" PC "monitor"

1QIPk6f.jpg

Look at that wired mess.

Popparoks

This thread is refreshing to look at... but damn, how do some of you guys afford these setups, let alone some of these places? Aren't alot of you in college? I'd actually love to hear it, even if you don't want to tell everyone on the thread.

Awesome setup. Where can I get that media storage where you have your Blu-Rays/games in?

Thanks and yeah it's an IKEA Besta storage unit.

I am preparing to move so my place is a mess, but figured I'd show you my humble set up. I'll do another shot once I'm settled in New York. Goodbye DC!

8xaDsYM.jpg

I had no place else to put my iMac so it's sitting in front of my 46" PC "monitor"

This made me laugh. Nice.

J-Roderton

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
For those of you who mount your TVs on the wall, what mount do you use or recommend?

I'm trying to stay under $100 if possible. I don't need it to be too fancy, but I'd like it to support a range from a 40" LCD to a 55" plasma (I currently have a 40" Samsung but I plan on upgrading to a Panasonic ST60 in the near future)

Deku Tree

For those of you who mount your TVs on the wall, what mount do you use or recommend?

I'm trying to stay under $100 if possible. I don't need it to be too fancy, but I'd like it to support a range from a 40" LCD to a 55" plasma (I currently have a 40" Samsung but I plan on upgrading to a Panasonic ST60 in the near future)

I have two wall mounts in my house. One is from BB and was installed by their GeekSquad. It was expensive. The nice thing about it is that their mount has a decent amount of space between the wall and the TV.

The other mount I got later on from Amazon and installed myself. $30. Here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VCTQZ2/?tag=neogaf0e-20
Cheetah Mounts APTMMB Wall Mount Bracket with Universal Tilt for 32-65" Flat Panel Plasma, LED, & LCD Displays

If you install it right, I don't think the mount is going to fail on you. Mine is solid. But there is not a lot of space behind the TV. I had to buy an HDMI port saver from Monoprice to get my cable in properly:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10419&cs_id=1041913&p_id=3850&seq=1&format=2
HDMI® Port Saver (Male to Female) - 270 Degree

lionelhutz

http://www.amazon.com/Mount-It-Universal-PLASMA-Samsung-Toshiba/dp/B00A7WDYYU/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1373403187&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=%22Mi-Mount-it%21+40+-+70+Inch+Tilt+Mount+for+Universal+Plasma%2FLCD+Flat+Panel+TVs%2C+Model+No.%3AMI-303L%22

Goody

I didn't think an unfinished setup warrant too nice a picture, so excuse the iPhone photography!
Here's the gameplan from here on...
-I need to finish my collection of consoles. I need to pick up a Genesis, a Saturn, and an Xbox
-I need to replace the awful ugly table in the center there. I'm probably going to end up trying to build it. I needs to fit the GC, PS2, and Xbox
-Paint/stain the furniture real pretty
-Get the rest of the cables, selectors, etc. I need
-Make a bean bag chair out of some neat fabric since I have two bags of bean bag beans just hanging out.

Not pictured:
-Modern systems, those are just on the living room TV. Boring!
-PC. Technically it is. That's the reflection in the TV.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
I have two wall mounts in my house. One is from BB and was installed by their GeekSquad. It was expensive. The nice thing about it is that their mount has a decent amount of space between the wall and the TV.

The other mount I got later on from Amazon and installed myself. $30. Here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VCTQZ2/?tag=neogaf0e-20
Cheetah Mounts APTMMB Wall Mount Bracket with Universal Tilt for 32-65" Flat Panel Plasma, LED, & LCD Displays

If you install it right, I don't think the mount is going to fail on you. Mine is solid. But there is not a lot of space behind the TV. I had to buy an HDMI port saver from Monoprice to get my cable in properly:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10419&cs_id=1041913&p_id=3850&seq=1&format=2
HDMI® Port Saver (Male to Female) - 270 Degree

Hmm so many options...I asked on avsforum as well and got a bunch of varied responses, including to just scour monoprice essentially and find one that's within my price range.

I'm thinking about this one:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=1082806&p_id=8587&seq=1&format=2#description

Reasonable price and has a good amount of flexibility for tilt, swivel and arm length so I can maneuver it a bit and definitely access the ports on the back.

Layd Dly

I have posted pics of my gaming loft but I haven't posted any pics of my office yet. It took me quite awhile to Paint the room and the the Stripes and get it decent and Its only about 90% done but it will probably be awhile before a finish it up (Cable Management, Curtains, Framed Posters, Other Shelves, Etc.). But here it is as of now.

The view walking into my Office.
8861048040_a7c91a2d5b_b.jpg

My Battlestations (Gaming PC, NAS, Docked Laptop)
8860434413_e65a43fe85_b.jpg

My Gaming Rig - Black Raven (Specs Below)
8861046556_01ba7fbb0d_b.jpg

My 2K Sports/NBA 2K10 Xbox 360 Kiosk. Now Sporting a 24" Insignia 1080p TV and my Slim PS2, Gamecube w\ GBA Player, and my Modded Dreamcast
8860436733_70311023c2_b.jpg

My NAS - dirt.NAS.ty (Specs Below), Docked Dell E8500 with Westinghouse 24" 1920x1200 (The wifes Station while she is bugging me / No you cant use my computer / Child DVD/Movie Player)
8860435179_4d60a1d2c3_b.jpg

View of doorway heading out.
8860435907_818b0237ca_b.jpg

Another Money Shot
8860433389_9baf8bdd11_b.jpg

I love this case.
8860433691_54ed03b139_b.jpg

Cable Management FTW
8370892232_7ac763c381_b.jpg

All my old builds were blue or had blue, this time I went for black and red.
8370893278_b447a825ce_b.jpg

Did I mention the Cable Management.
8369826803_3a0a73b0a4_b.jpg

My NAS - dirt.NAS.ty
8706389672_2a825096a3_b.jpg

The backside is just as clean.
8705268093_bcae32633b_b.jpg

Gaming Rig - Black Raven
  • Intel Core i5-2500K Quad-Core 3.3GHz Processor
  • Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P
  • G.Skill Sniper Series 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 2133
  • Diamond AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB
  • Corsair Hydro Series H60 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
  • Kingston SSDNow V100 Series 64GB SSD x2 (Raid 0 - 128gb)
  • Silverstone Raven 2 Evolution RV02E-BW
  • Seasonic X-Series SS-1050XM 1050w
  • Cooler Master CM Storm Trigger Mechanical w\ CherryMX Black
  • Razer Star Wars The Old Republic Epic Naga
  • Dell UltraSharp U2410 ‑ 24" IPS LCD monitor
  • Dell UltraSharp 2007FP - 20" IPS LCD Monitor x 2

NAS - dirt.NAS.ty
  • ASUS C60M1-I
  • Integrated AMD Fusion APU C-60 (1.0GHz, dual core)
  • Kingston Technology HyperX Blu 8GB (2x4GB) 1333MHz DDR3
  • Bitfenix Prodigy - Arctic White
  • Antec EarthWatts EA-380D Green 380 Watt 80 PLUS BRONZE
  • Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB x 4 in Raid-Z
  • FreeNAS 8.3.1 (Running off Sandisk 4gb Jump Drive)

Top Bottom